3 Black Adoptees on Racial Identity After Growing Up in White Homes

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I thnk another interesting thing about this article is how long they could go before they saw other non whites :wow:

That's how they live, in a "safe" bubble of whiteness.

So you believe non black parents can do that for a Black child(ren)?

Believe me there's a reason for that "Uncomfortability"...which makes this "Impossible" imo :mjpls:

Can expose them to other blacks :dwillhuh: yes. Can put them in programs geared towards black culture? Yes.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
I feel uncomfortable seeing people, particularly White people adopt different race kids. This is a White dominated society and more often then not Black children raised in White homes look down on their own race. They get raised in a White home as a White child and well...act like a White child.:yeshrug: My first experience with a "c00n" online was years back on reddit. This Jamaican born dude who was adopted and raised by well off White parents would consistently show up in Black bashing threads saying the usual spiels. "Racism is no excuse" "Blacks are this and that, I'd know because I'm Black" etc. I do not look forward to the day when all these Black children that celebrities and rich White folks adopted grow up and start speaking on race issues.

Not to mention the fact that most White people who adopt Black children do so because it's less hassle.

I don't know...I honestly can't put my finger on it. There is something just not right about it. I don't think race relations are smooth enough for this not to be awkward at best. But who am I to say let these kids grow up parent less? Like you said, delicate situation.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The bigger problem is that black people don't want to adopt black children.

This right here. In that thread about the white dude defending his black, adopted daughter, Coli militants were :scust: at white people adopting black children. So I guess the children are better off orphaned or at foster homes with piss poor oversight? If more of us were willing to step up and adopt black children we wouldn't have to criticize how white people were raising them. It's stupid and unrealistic to think that white people, who fumble and bumble through race relations when even trying to be genuine, can provide a racially balanced, pro black upbringing for a black child. Of course we as a community have an issue raising our own kids and look down on the men who take an interest in the welfare of children of single mothers sooooooooooooo.......yeah. White people are going to be raising racially ambiguous black children for a long time and we can only blame ourselves for that.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Can expose them to other blacks :dwillhuh: yes. Can put them in programs geared towards black culture? Yes.[/QUOTE]

If you say so......

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This right here. In that thread about the white dude defending his black, adopted daughter, Coli militants were :scust: at white people adopting black children. So I guess the children are better off orphaned or at foster homes with piss poor oversight? If more of us were willing to step up and adopt black children we wouldn't have to criticize how white people were raising them. It's stupid and unrealistic to think that white people, who fumble and bumble through race relations when even trying to be genuine, can provide a racially balanced, pro black upbringing for a black child. Of course we as a community have an issue raising our own kids and look down on the men who take an interest in the welfare of children of single mothers sooooooooooooo.......yeah. White people are going to be raising racially ambiguous black children for a long time and we can only blame ourselves for that.

And some of those same fakkits (I asked) said hell no they're not adopting a child.

Like I've said on this site numerous times, 99.9999% of these pro black nikkas are either cacs cacing or just some straight fukk boys running their mouths.

Not sure when, but I'm definitely adopting at least one child. Can't leave our children in the system like that, they deserve better.

Raava

Staff member
Daps

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
When it comes to the adoption of black infants, the European market is all demand and America all supply. Social acceptance of single parenthood, the accessibility of contraception, and the legalization of abortion have drastically reduced the number of children available for adoption domestically in much of Western Europe, and U.S. agencies have emerged to meet the demand.

This practice, known as outgoing adoption, is raising important questions not only about entrenched attitudes toward race and adoption, but the rights of our youngest citizens.

Since the 1990s, the U.S. has allowed an untold number of healthy infants to be exported to other countries in private adoptions. Exact figures are not available because, astonishing as it seems, neither our federal nor state governments document the number of adoptions of this kind. Estimating where American children are going and in what numbers requires gathering information from more than a dozen sources. (I consulted the State Department, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the Adoption Authority of Ireland, non-profit websites, and individual adoption agencies.)

Over the past 10 years, Canadian parents have adopted more than 1,000 American-born children; another 300 are growing up in the Netherlands; and at least another 100 will be raised in the United Kingdom.

Mostly black kids:upsetfavre:

I don't' trust this. :patrice:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You are against interracial adoptions cool :ehh: Then perhaps address the lack of black families adopting black kids. Not just that, how hard it is for black families to be approved to adopt black kids.

There is also an issue of CPS aproving them adopt.

http://www.nacac.org/adoptalk/denyingaccess.html

Not really worried bout some cac telling me I can't adopt breh. White people don't control what I do.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
koolaid.png

missing out on red koolaid :scust::scust::scust::scust:
@KOOL-AID

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You are against interracial adoptions cool :ehh: Then perhaps address the lack of black families adopting black kids. Not just that, how hard it is for black families to be approved to adopt black kids.

There is also an issue of CPS aproving them adopt.

http://www.nacac.org/adoptalk/denyingaccess.html

That's true, I agree, but lets be real, you know the main reason for this is economics, and not because they don't want to.