30 for 30: One and Not Done (Tonight @ 9 PM EST on ESPN)

What do you think of the "One and Done" rule?

• Total voters

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I'm not the first to say it but I think it could work. The only problem is guys thinking they're better than they are and go straight from high school and flop.

Either they let those kids test the waters like college players, or implement an alternative with the d-league. I don't think the current model is beneficial to either side.
D-Leauge is trash and staying in longer only hurts your draft chances.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: you mean the g-league
and I doubt it

Whatever they calling it now, it's still on the rise. :mjgrin:

Almost every NBA team has an affiliate now, plus there are the new two-way contracts that will definitely help out.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
This is a wasted documentary

1. The rule really only is taken advantage of by Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky

2. Calipari hasn't won enough to warrant this type of scrutiny or hatred

If he went on a Saban type run I could understand but this is all to do about nothing

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
This is a wasted documentary

1. The rule really only is taken advantage of by Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky

2. Calipari hasn't won enough to warrant this type of scrutiny or hatred

If he went on a Saban type run I could understand but this is all to do about nothing

He's the only one telling these dudes to go and get they money.

Other coaches only adapted to stay relevant, they don't really want the top talent leaving. Cal practically kicks dudes out if they're ready.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He's the only one telling these dudes to go and get they money.

Other coaches only adapted to stay relevant, they don't really want the top talent leaving. Cal practically kicks dudes out if they're ready.
I mean I guess :yeshrug:

But it's not like if Cal wasn't around Wall, Cousins etc. would've stayed 3-4 years

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Will this be on the Watch ESPN App as it airs? (For the non cable subscribing cheap brehs like myself...)

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I mean I guess :yeshrug:

But it's not like if Cal wasn't around Wall, Cousins etc. would've stayed 3-4 years

If Cal didn't do it we might not have ever seen the "one and done" to the extent we do now.

Of course Wall, Cousins, Davis and all those guys would have still been one and done, but Cal made teams start taking guys just because they were from Kentucky.

He made it a requirement to bring in multiple high rated recruits every year in order to stay relevant.

We know that bringing in the 5* recruits rarely results in success in the tournament, but teams wouldn't get the other guys they need to win a championship without bringing in one and done guys too.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
With what the nba is doing with the g league now in a few years this won't matter...

But a kid should be able to come out of high school if a team picks him...

Like...this whole one and done thing is strange to me...cause nobody is putting a gun to these GM's head and forcing them to take players not ready to play in the nba...

What we really need is a documentary on why we have so many rules to keep people who are supposed to be smart about basketball from making bad basketball decisions...