30 year old Black male who lived in Japan for a year AMA

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Anything regarding Japanese society, views about Blacks, whites, other Asians ect

Also what to do, where to go, where not to go and what you should know before you go.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
is it easy to live their without knowing japanese?
No.

Unless you live on Okinawa or Misawa I would study for about a year or so to get the basics down before moving there. They do have Japanese schools for foreign workers once you arrive.

Osaka has a large English speaking expat community and Tokyo is ok for English speakers. Anywhere outside of there nobody speaks English and most of the signs, menus and subways will be in Japanese.

However it's not an incredible difficult language to grasp the basics I'd youre interested and willing to learn

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I had someone tell me yokohama is the sleeper spot? Can you get around on the trains without knowing japanese? How hard is it too find employment out there if you aren't trying to be an English teacher forever, no offense but a lot of the schools don't seem to pay that much.

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
What did you do for work out there?
Why did you come back after just a year?
What was the cost of living like?
How's the food?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Do you have your license there? Do you drive? And do you feel like you are gonna die driving on the opposite side of the road?