Supporter
Daps

King Poetic

High Roller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
More shyt that isn't their fault. So glad this article touched on the issue of nepotism.

I had NO IDEA how much this shyt impacts us. Imagine being a 4.1 student on a 4.0 gpa, earning over $500,000 in grants and scholarships, being published, having numerous awards, presenting at international and national research conferences...and the thing that makes or breaks your career is whether some legacy dean who was given their position, likes you or not.

There are blks who bust their asses, seek out every opportunity, but still get overlooked b/c it isn't what you know, it's who you know.

This isn't me saying it's hopeless. This is me saying we need to bring far more attention to the hidden nature of nepotism and long-standing white networks that have helped their kind get ahead and we need to form more of our own.

That’s what’s it all about

My company I work for have some young people in positions they not even qualified for among the black employees who been there longer and more educated... but Josh Father knows Billy the CEO cause they play golf and it’s right in the company door

Meanwhile we have some black executives who out here trying to avoid hiring other blacks because they see that black person from a certain area and it’s like , we can’t hired lashanda or Lonnie

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Third largest city in america and third largest media market in america. Also it is a global city.

Finally it is the media so if it bleeds it leads. Talking about dysfunction in chicago sells...it always has.
It's sad because they don't care about those people. Chicago is used as a talking point.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Well that’s what happens when Latinos take most low skill jobs. But it depends also on having a criminal record.

The mayor should pass a law nonviolent offenses can not show up on a background check. It really hurts the black population and it’s not keeping people safe.

Yeah at temp agencies

Low skill package handler jobs like FedEx or Walmart and McDonald's still have black people at them

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

Gentrification isn't hitting black neighborhoods in Chicago like other cities

Black neighborhoods in Chicago are being abandoned.

:leostare:

that's part of the gentrification process. drain neighborhoods of resources and ket then deteriorate to the point real estate can be purchased for pennies. Then start investing resources once cacs start buying up the property.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:leostare:

that's part of the gentrification process. drain neighborhoods of resources and ket then deteriorate to the point real estate can be purchased for pennies. Then start investing resources once cacs start buying up the property.

If they wanted to they could be doing that already.

Have you seen my old neighborhood Englewood :leostare:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
If they wanted to they could be doing that already.

Have you seen my old neighborhood Englewood :leostare:

they already have a whole foods, chipotle and Starbucks in Englewood and cacs are moving in.

:sas2:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
they already have a whole foods, chipotle and Starbucks in Englewood and cacs are moving in.

:sas2:

I lived near that Whole Foods, right near Kennedy King.

There was no crackers except for the fat poor white trash that lived in my building on Lowe :skip:

I still go near there from time to time, yeah :skip: