46% of young black voters stayed home.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
And +60 million trump voters aren’t to blame? I’m so sick of the people blaming nonvoters, democratic no-shows or 3rd party voters for republican catastrophes. They did the same with a few thousand Nader voters in Florida, as if millions of Bush voters and his brother the governor and the Supreme Court had nothing to do with that nightmare decade. They tried to lay the blood of iraq on their feet in the same way. fukk that. Republicans voters are to blame.

One difference:

You will be the target of the Repub plots. So whatever we have to do to stop them we should do.

Vampires suck blood. Pretty simple. You can blame them all you want but they are coming for your neck.

Or you can get up, try to run, hide, get some wooden stakes, garlic. Fight.

The Repubs are the blood suckers in this analogy.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Yea cause Hillary cares Soo much about the black people. Have you ever heard of what she did in Haiti??

Oh right, I forgot they don't matter since their not African American to y'all. :shaq2:

I don't get it. What exactly is the end game with this "refusal to vote" strategy? Will politicians all of a sudden cater to a group that doesn't help get them elected? What motivation would they have to pay any attention to those who aren't likely to support them?

And no, I didn't hear what she did in Haiti. But with so much misinformation that was shared last election cycle, I'm skeptical what you believe is valid.

It is just an illusion.
Why would an intellectual person give a shyt if another party is 20% less corrupt?

Well, for one 20% is a big difference, but it's not just a matter of being more or less corrupt. One group is actively pushing policy that disproportionately harms people of color. One group is distinctly hostile towards black causes.... the other, at worst, might just be indifferent to them. The fact that you don't see that, or don't care about it, is mind-blowing.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Well, for one 20% is a big difference, but it's not just a matter of being more or less corrupt. One group is actively pushing policy that disproportionately harms people of color. One group is distinctly hostile towards black causes.... the other, at worst, might just be indifferent to them. The fact that you don't see that, or don't care about it, is mind-blowing.
harm people of color?
like what?
This is a president, not someone with so much state power. You don't get that.
Don't forget police brutality on blacks increased during Obama. Not saying it's his fault, I'm saying the president has little to do with that.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
harm people of color?
like what?
This is a president, not someone with so much state power. You don't get that.
Don't forget police brutality on blacks increased during Obama. Not saying it's his fault, I'm saying the president has little to do with that.

You know U.S. citizens can vote for offices OTHER THAN President...right?

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
You know U.S. citizens can vote for offices OTHER THAN President...right?

This.
I remember specifically posting as much during campaign season.
VOTE.
Of course I would have loved for everyone to vote on all of the races/issues on their ballot in 16 , but even for those who really felt they could not stomach either major party candidate at the top of the ticket-
There is no no no reason to not vote on the rest of your ballot which are absolutely going to be races and issues that are more than likely to affect your day to day life.

Elections aren't only about politicians, I can assure you there are issues on the ballot
Taxation issues
School board and issues
Sherrifs and judges district attorneys
Civil rights issues/protections.
Etc

Your city council members, your state reps, your mayor, your DA
These are people that are there where you are that you can address in person

Vote

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Yea cause Hillary cares Soo much about the black people. Have you ever heard of what she did in Haiti??

Oh right, I forgot they don't matter since their not African American to y'all. :shaq2:
So your solution is to let an outright and upfront bigot win.

XAxaV.gif

This is current administration is definitely much better for blacks in America.

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
Hillary isn't the president. That's my point.
She's not gonna run again.

Donald J Trump is the president, the one who wants to nationalize stop and frisk, who appointed the Keebler Klan Elf to head the DOJ, who's happy to let Americans in Puerto Rico die while he Twitter beefs because they're non white...

I could go on.

Hillary isn't the president.
Hillary isn't the president. That's my point.
She's not gonna run again.

Donald J Trump is the president, the one who wants to nationalize stop and frisk, who appointed the Keebler Klan Elf to head the DOJ, who's happy to let Americans in Puerto Rico die while he Twitter beefs because they're non white...

I could go on.

Hillary isn't the president.

I already know that BUT yall seem not to care when other blacks in the diaspora get screwed over by yall precious Democrats.
Where was all of this outrage when Hillary screwed over Haitians?
What about what she did in Libya?

There was ZERO OUTRAGE!

I get it now. If your a Republican and you screw over blacks its wrong but if your a democrat and f*** over blacks its crickets.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Neither were immigrants from different countries but that didnt stop yall from :cape: for them when daca was going to be repelled.

Now I get it. F*** blacks from the rest of the diaspora and :cape: every other poc. :francis:
it's laughable because Haitians aren't AAs and no politician is running on a platform as to how they are going to affect Haitians.

Saying, but but but Haiti is a red herring when we're talking about how voting affects Americans.

And so you don't get it twisted,my number 1 priority when voting is how it's going to affect me and others like me who live in America.

Haitians aren't at the top of my list. Neither are Nigerians. My reasoning is fairly simple, AAs and other black Americans have more pressing issues at home.

Further, when most of these immigration laws come up I always bring up how these reversals and changes aren't just affecting Latino immigrants but all black immigrants and refugees.

That was a top complaint I had about Trumps travel ban.

But you're not listening you're too busy talking.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Neither were immigrants from different countries but that didnt stop yall from :cape: for them when daca was going to be repelled.

Now I get it. F*** blacks from the rest of the diaspora and :cape: every other poc. :francis:
it's laughable because Haitians aren't AAs and no politician is running on a platform as to how they are going to affect Haitians.

Saying, but but but Haiti is a red herring when we're talking about how voting affects Americans.

And so you don't get it twisted,my number 1 priority when voting is how it's going to affect me and others like me who live in America.

Haitians aren't at the top of my list. Neither are Nigerians. My reasoning is fairly simple, AAs and other black Americans have more pressing issues at home.

Further, when most of these immigration laws come up I always bring up how these reversals and changes aren't just affecting Latino immigrants but all black immigrants and refugees.

That was a top complaint I had about Trumps travel ban.

But you're not listening you're too busy in your whataboutism and fake militancy.

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
So your solution is to let an outright and upfront bigot win.

XAxaV.gif

This is current administration is definitely much better for blacks in America.

I'm not a trump supported :hhh:

But what I'm trying to explain is BOTH parties don't do anything for the black community. Black women in their own party had to literally BEG the democrats to support them cause they were paying them DUST.

I'm just sick of black people going to vote for these people EVERY YEAR and they do absolutely nothing for our communities! Even Alot of these black politicians sellout and do nothing they promised. :snoop:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I already know that BUT yall seem not to care when other blacks in the diaspora get screwed over by yall precious Democrats.
Where was all of this outrage when Hillary screwed over Haitians?
What about what she did in Libya?

There was ZERO OUTRAGE!

Black men can't read and struggle to find gainful employment.

But but y'all don't care about Libya.
But but y'all don't care about Somalia.
but but y'all don't care about Eritrea.
Where's the outrage?

Sorry, my outrage is busy right now in America.

:wow: