Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
had to write it :wow: it was needed.

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
classic to me is a album i can listen from start to finish without skipping a track

idk if thats a good guide but in this day and age usually albums got like 3 good songs max

Majestic

Daps
classic to me is a album i can listen from start to finish without skipping a track

idk if thats a good guide but in this day and age usually albums got like 3 good songs max
gotta include impact/influence bruh

Majestic

Daps
But none of kendricks albums have influence or impact and you call all of them classic
huh? GKMC influenced Logic and YG and revived narrative hip hop. TPAB's alright was a national anthem for BLM bruh. Cmon.

Majestic

Daps
Logic has bitten J Cole and Drake also. There were narrative hip hop albums before GKMC.

I think TPAB a butterfly may become a classic but it all depends on the replay value in a few years . It's only been 5 years and

bytch, Don’t Kill My Vibe, Backseat Freestyle, The Art of Peer Pressure, Money Trees, Maad city, and sing about me/dying of thirst are the only tracks I find listenable on GKMC which is why I believe it was overly hyped and isn't a classic. Time reveal it all
What do you think about the new logic album?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The word "classic" has moved from barber shop talk between Hip Hoppas to being co-opted by the industry as a means to enforce their standards.

Daps
Classics have elite rapping & production, captivating content, proper sequencing, little to no filler and incredible replay value which plays a huge part in determining classic status & is why there are no insta-classics.

All these things have to be present for a classic. Ex: MCHG = WTT in terms of content/sequence/production/replay value but b/c the GOAT rapped at a top tier level instead of an elite level it's not a classic.

Edit: Forgot to mention the filler part.

Last edited:

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Is this the same blog that said a Biggie quote was a Jay quote?
giphy.gif