6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
its pride month...my workplace is already on some other shyt with this :francis:..every year its always something :francis:...thank god at least i dont work in the office...that one fukking year they were like the gender specified bathrooms on the top floor anyone can use them i was like nah chief im good :gucci:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m expecting us to have layoffs. Not hitting (aggressive) sales targets, n they are doing some Q2 talent review when we just wrapped year end reviews in March, and have mid years in Q3. I’m honestly probably on the chopping board, I don’t get along with my manager and it shows

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Come to the Bay they said. You’ll 2-3x your salary they said. The weather is beautiful they said.

All true but the dearth of black professionals, especially senior ones is jarring.

Makes networking and mentorship tough. All these “allies” are fair weather friends. Heck, my company’s Black ERG got damn near more non-black folks in it than actual black folks.

I kind of understand why the black professionals I know that have moved here are already thinking about dipping.

Oakland makes the Bay palatable but that ain’t enough to keep black folks here long term. You can only go to so many First Fridays and celebrations at Lake Merritt :lolbron::pachaha:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Come to the Bay they said. You’ll 2-3x your salary they said. The weather is beautiful they said.

All true but the dearth of black professionals, especially senior ones is jarring.

Makes networking and mentorship tough. All these “allies” are fair weather friends. Heck, my company’s Black ERG got damn near more non-black folks in it than actual black folks.

I kind of understand why the black professionals I know that have moved here are already thinking about dipping.

Oakland makes the Bay palatable but that ain’t enough to keep black folks here long term. You can only go to so many First Fridays and celebrations at Lake Merritt :lolbron::pachaha:

Man just build your resume and look for opportunities back East. I love the Bay and have many fam there but from the days when I was a kid when Black middle class was all around Oakland, Fillmore, and parts of Concord to now is damn jarring.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Even though I'm remote I've considered moving to Houston to see more Black Professionals.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Have a client meeting who invited the world and have no idea who’s running this shyt. If it’s me then I got nothing.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Today is the first day in a long time I’ve had zero meetings, have a ton of admin work to do and May wrap-up but told my boss straight up not to expect any revenue this month. The RFPs have halted and they still won’t revise the numbers- I’m going to keep letting them know that clients keep pushing back on our costs, ain’t shyt I can do about it without higher approval. :yeshrug:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Today is the first day in a long time I’ve had zero meetings, have a ton of admin work to do and May wrap-up but told my boss straight up not to expect any revenue this month. The RFPs have halted and they still won’t revise the numbers- I’m going to keep letting them know that clients keep pushing back on our costs, ain’t shyt I can do about it without higher approval. :yeshrug:

Are you in presales also?

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Meanwhile, in Houston, an employee only needs to gross about $125,000 to achieve the same purchasing power as someone making $312,000 in New York.

A $300,000 Salary Feels Like $100,000 in The Priciest US Cities​

Pretty sure this is BS especially when I look at my property taxes, but I'm definitely on the right side of it. WFH in Houston with a company that's in a high COL area.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Are you in presales also?

Honestly how touch is pre sales..I have seen some of these pre-sales engineer positions. Super high paid but it seems they are responsible for the technical aspects of it while sales is responsible for closing the deal.

My issue is when I get technical questions from these guys and I am like, wow, they are not that brilliant BUT they probably communicate effectively better than me lol.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Word on the street is my company is gonna try to drop the 4 days in office a week hammer after Labor Day. People don't even come in 3 days a week idk how they will make this one work.
:francis:
My company is pushing everyone back into the office 3-5 days per week by Labor Day, changing people's designations from virtual to office, and basically doing a soft layoff where you either lie down or pound sand based on a few factors.