6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I got white woman’d a few weeks ago and now this female is passive aggressively cc’ing my boss on emails when he doesn’t work on the project. Thank god I been dealing with this shyt since I was a teen but I’m ready to curse her tf out.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
How much more would a job have to pay y’all to leave a direct hire job for a contract job?
A ridiculous amount, considering there’s limited benefits and no guarantee of hiring/staying on- I also would only do it if it were aligned with my professional plans AND I needed some element of flexibility in my personal life. Contracts can be a headache and usually don’t pay when you factor in covering your own health insurance, no paid PTO and the time spent reentering the job market.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
This interview broke me lol. Zero questions about my resume, experience absolutely none...just obscure technical questions after obscure technical questions. I felt dumb.
This happened to me at a video game company before when I applied for a security architect position :beli:. So you might need to slightly tweak your resume to make sure people understand that you're not an IT Security engineer.

What type of position are you apply for ? I would only apply to advisory or decisional stuff like director/Manager type positions.

As a side note, sometime MFckers just want to test you :unimpressed:. They see that you have all these certifications (CIPM, CISM....) so they want to see how ''deep'' your knowledge goes.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This interview broke me lol. Zero questions about my resume, experience absolutely none...just obscure technical questions after obscure technical questions. I felt dumb.
Sorry dude. I hate this shyt too. I prefer interviews that are just conversations about my experience and process.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
This happened to me at a video game company before when I applied for a security architect position :beli:. So you might need to slightly tweak your resume to make sure people understand that you're not an IT Security engineer.

What type of position are you apply for ? I would only apply to advisory or decisional stuff like director/Manager type positions.

As a side note, sometime MFckers just want to test you :unimpressed:. They see that you have all these certifications (CIPM, CISM....) so they want to see how ''deep'' your knowledge goes.

It was a Security Engineer position.

That is the thing, I expected some general linux questions...(none of that). What can you not see when u run a tcp dump on port 443?

So, the segmentation of this packet, why is advantageous? Securing an ssh server, how would you do that outside of the normal user name and password, ssh keys? What is capture in the details of this vulnerability? :francis: it is like my resume got thrown out/

Like damn ask me shyt on my resume bro n keep it general. That's what is frustrating.

I have a potential advisory interview position if the ciso wants to interview me

If I do make it to the next step then I believe I can crack it since I would be more focus on the details.

Sorry dude. I hate this shyt too. I prefer interviews that are just conversations about my experience and process.

It was ridiculous..same here or keep it general in the sense that foundational knowledge that every one should know. not pick something a day to day person would be paying attention...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It was a Security Engineer position.

That is the thing, I expected some general linux questions...(none of that). What can you not see when u run a tcp dump on port 443?

So, the segmentation of this packet, why is advantageous? Securing an ssh server, how would you do that outside of the normal user name and password, ssh keys? What is capture in the details of this vulnerability? :francis: it is like my resume got thrown out/

Like damn ask me shyt on my resume bro n keep it general. That's what is frustrating.

I have a potential advisory interview position if the ciso wants to interview me

If I do make it to the next step then I believe I can crack it since I would be more focus on the details.

It was ridiculous..same here or keep it general in the sense that foundational knowledge that every one should know. not pick something a day to day person would be paying attention...

in IT they can always find things that you don't know.

the internet means that technologies can expand unrestrained with less risk of leaving practitioners behind.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
had a solution architect role I wanted that I didn’t get. Salary was 250k. Tryna get that commission check.

Might sign up for an e-commerce course cause doing it solo has been a struggle.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
in IT they can always find things that you don't know.

the internet means that technologies can expand unrestrained with less risk of leaving practitioners behind.

Like literally shyt is so dumb :mjlol: I can literrally just do this

and implement it, anyone that is technical can. Really sucked.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This job is so unsatisfying.

All I do is meet with vendors and get nothing done. And so much of this is just audio visual stuff that I hate.

The back and forth with this one vendor is ridiculous. Oh no a part isn’t available until next year so we can’t come in and start the build out on Monday. Next day: We got the part, but we’re still trying to procure the missing camera.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Hoping to get about $200k this month, and finish strong before my maternity leave starts end of September. I’m glad I’ll be missing crazy ass Q4 at least I got pregnant at the right time lol