Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
My fam always took care of all our extended family on both my parents side but all most ever had was hands out. I don't really fukk with most of em except my uncles. Most my cousins are older but they never reached out to me or my siblings after we mover abroad all I remember from em is them being happy to take everything we left behind but not reaching out after so most of em forgotten. They was the type of nikkaz to pop up empty handed 4 days a week around dinner time cuz they thought my dad was balling. We fed em till my mother purposely stopped putting dinner on the table till they left :laff:

I have 0 tolerance for disrespect.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can forgive family that ask for forgiveness. But, it also depends on what said family member did as well as who did they wrong.

I have one cousin who is much younger than men who said some wildly disrespectful shyt toward me a couple of years ago. I will not fukk with him nor address him as a relative until he steps up and apologizes. Until then, he can HYON!

If I am not close to a relative, then I may be less inclined to forgive. However, it really depends on the situation.

I think my mother is the only person I could forgive regardless of what she did, but then again, I can’t think that she would do something to me that was deemed unforgivable.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Wait.

So your older sister gets the boot, but youd be okay with your younger sisters spassing on your mom the way your older sis did, cuz theyre young?

:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Long story short, my oldest sister did some wild disrespecful shyt to my parents last year and she been dead to me ever since.

My folks eventually forgave her but I dont play that shyt..... If u disrespect my OGs, its over for you... You're dead to me.

My mother got a big heart so she's quick to forgive.... And my father loves his children and thats his daughter... So of course he forgave her.

My mother says "family is family" and I should learn to forgive.... But when people expose their true character.... I cant rock with you.

She reached out to me recently for financial help (even tho she already got a man) and I didnt even return her calls... My mother claims I'm doing too much cause "family is family" but fukk all that..... once you go against the family then you're dead to me

I can always forgive my baby sisters because they're still young and going through life.... But my oldest sister is almost 10 years older than me..... certain shyt is unforgivable & inexcusable

I was highly offended that she even thought that she could reach out and try to leech off me.... Smh

My mother & grandmother are super religious and super forgiving but I feel that's how people are able to take advantage of you.... I dont play that shyt

I love my family, but sometimes you gotta cut motherfukkers off and let them survive on their own.

Sometimes u gotta let people go thru the struggle as a lesson.
anyone can get cut off if the violation is severe enough. 0 fux

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
No it's not wrong. I had to cut my father off over his bullshyt. Of course it stemmed around money. When I became a dad myself I realized I only have so much time and energy... sometimes it's better to put a hard stop to the bullshyt than to try and make sense of other people's nonsense

Like you my mom is caught in the middle but she's getting used to it.

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
Long story short, my oldest sister did some wild disrespecful shyt to my parents last year and she been dead to me ever since.

My folks eventually forgave her but I dont play that shyt..... If u disrespect my OGs, its over for you... You're dead to me.

My mother got a big heart so she's quick to forgive.... And my father loves his children and thats his daughter... So of course he forgave her.

My mother says "family is family" and I should learn to forgive.... But when people expose their true character.... I cant rock with you.

She reached out to me recently for financial help (even tho she already got a man) and I didnt even return her calls... My mother claims I'm doing too much cause "family is family" but fukk all that..... once you go against the family then you're dead to me

I can always forgive my baby sisters because they're still young and going through life.... But my oldest sister is almost 10 years older than me..... certain shyt is unforgivable & inexcusable

I was highly offended that she even thought that she could reach out and try to leech off me.... Smh

My mother & grandmother are super religious and super forgiving but I feel that's how people are able to take advantage of you.... I dont play that shyt

I love my family, but sometimes you gotta cut motherfukkers off and let them survive on their own.

Sometimes u gotta let people go thru the struggle as a lesson.
I thinkyou're heartless in this situation

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Wait.

So your older sister gets the boot, but youd be okay with your younger sisters spassing on your mom the way your older sis did, cuz theyre young?

:ohhh:

My older sister is supposed to be my OG.... Shes not suppose to be disrespecting the family and trying to leech off her baby brother.

She supposed to be leading the way and lacing me up with knowledge on how to maneuver through life since she's the oldest.

I've done stupid shyt in my youth.

I can look past stupidity during youth.....

I cant look past stupidity in adulthood.

I take family & loyalty very seriously.... Maybe too seriously.

It is what it is.

:manny: I love my parents.

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
This type of cutting people off is the reason why alot of you have nothing gping on for you

Short of something like sexual or extreme physical abuse, cutting of the ties of blood is the number one way of inviting bad luck into your life

Censuring someone for a short period of time as a lesson is,one thing but to have a heartless and apathetic mentality towards family for things that can be resolved shows that you have a spiteful soul

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
This type of cutting people off is the reason why alot of you have nothing gping on for you

Short of something like sexual or extreme physical abuse, cutting of the ties of blood is the number one way of inviting bad luck into your life

Censuring someone for a short period of time as a lesson is,one thing but to have a heartless and apathetic mentality towards family for things that can be resolved shows that you have a spiteful soul

You might be right.... I'm a cold nikka.

My girl tells me this all the time.... Im an emotionless son of a bytch

But when I love you..... I go hard for you... Especially if youre younger than me.... Im gonna lace you up with knowledge & opportunities to advance your life and get ahead.

My baby sisters will always be straight as long as I'm alive.

But I can't control what grown folks do....

If you're grown, youre on your own.

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
You might be right.... I'm a cold nikka.

My girl tells me this all the time.... Im an emotionless son of a bytch

But when I love you..... I go hard for you... Especially if youre younger than me.... Im gonna lace you up with knowledge & opportunities to advance your life and get ahead.

My baby sisters will always be straight as long as I'm alive.

But I can't control what grown folks do....

If you're grown, youre on your own.
Fam as far as people being responsible I feel you

However if you want your money and your luck to be on point I suggest you don't cut off family ... it's simple metaphysics
It's about you not her

invalid

Banned
Daps
I’ve been evolving on this. My maternal great-grandmother was cut off from her family because of the man she married. That man whom she married, cut off his daughter (my grandmother) for the man that she married.

I only have a few cousins my age and we’ve done some messed up things to each other when we were young. I have since cut them off. My cousins now are at the lowest points in their lives: drugs, homelessness, stds. And when I see them, my heart hurts.

I’ve come to the conclusion that, if you can see someone at their lowest point that you previously beefed with, and in your empathy are willing to forgive and forget the past, then that beef was petty and irrelevant.

I’m at that point with all my family. It’s been a process but I’ve been trying to forgive all past indiscretions against me because, at the end of the day, I can’t stand to watch any blood of mine hit rock bottom. We’re all we got and can’t really trust anyone else. And I pray that they forgive me for the things that I have done.

Many families have generational curses. Our curse was pride and arrogance. It goes back many generations deep too. But I’ve been trying to divest myself of all that pridefullness and one of the ways I’ve been working on that is through active forgiveness. It seems to makes life just a little bit easier.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Cant really answer this. I don't get involved in any problems :hubie:Fighting is for females and kids

A lot of fighting happens in my family. Cant even call it a family. They all want me to pick sides but idgaf. What happens is between them

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
If your parents forgave her & they're the ones she offended, you should just get over it. But with that said, don't forget and don't give her shyt. Just cause you forgive the past don't mean you set yourself up for the same thing in the future.

Sidenote: Me personally, I don't go by that family is family shyt. Blood don't make you family to me, the love & respect we have for each other determines if I consider you family or not. My dad might be my blood, but family, no.

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
My family is crazy clique. It's dysfunctional af but it's like all the young nikkas getting it to the left and the knuckleheads to the right and we really only loyal to the members in the respective clique. The only time you see us all around each other is because of the people older than us fw each other heavy. Other than that the only family members i fw in 2018 are the ones not on bs period.