7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Yeah people said beating Burns wasn’t shyt. Said same thing about every opponent after. Where most people messed up was by putting so much stock in Gamboa fight. Gamboa is a better boxer than Spence and at 135 was probably faster than Bud. If think think Bud was trash because he got popped by a fast guy at 135 with accomplished pedigree and power then you don’t know shyt. Bud IMMEDIATELY adjusted and went to his ass. Bud has that mean streak like Mosley used to but better technically and at making adjustments.

And ironically, the Gamboa fight is the one they call "Crawford's best fight"

In a Boxing casual's mind, anything that looks the most competitive is a "great fight". If you don't look vulnerable, and make the fight look too easy, then the opponent was trash and it wasn't a great fight. Casuals root for the lovable mediocre fighters like Gatti vs Ward who are in "wars" because it seems like you are testing yourself

To me the Breidis Prescott win was amazing. Same dude who knocked out an undefeated prime Amir Khan, and he took his power punching advantage away
Victor Postol fight was amazing taking his jab away and had ELITE timing with countering with shots he didn't see
Mean Machine and Benevidez used the gameplan of countering Crawford. So Crawford had to initiate the attack as well as watch out for anything coming back at the same time

Casuals don't appreciate greatness until it's too late

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Man real talk I voted Crawford ko, but looking back at their trash talk 5 years ago, that accident really wrecked Errol. Breh don't even speak the same, he speech is very slurred, even before the fight. He looks like he has less energy and enthusiasm than before.

I think he should retire, not because of the loss. But long term all this shyt is going to catch up to him and it's going to be bad. He got 3 kids, good pay from this fight, and he's still a great boxer regardless. Sure breh can get some big fights and end up winning, making great money, but I don't think it's worth it, and if Al is taking care of him even better.

I don't like the way he was looking at the end of the fight, and I hope he don't experience that anymore. People get they ass beat, but that was exceptionally bad. They really shoulda stopped the fight after the 7th when he suffered from the 2nd knockdown of that round.

To be clear I don't think he would've won this even in a different universe where the accident hadn't occured, but I'm using it rather as justification to possibly retire.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Man real talk I voted Crawford ko, but looking back at their trash talk 5 years ago, that accident really wrecked Errol. Breh don't even speak the same, he speech is very slurred, even before the fight. He looks like he has less energy and enthusiasm than before.

I think he should retire, not because of the loss. But long term all this shyt is going to catch up to him and it's going to be bad. He got 3 kids, good pay from this fight, and he's still a great boxer regardless. Sure breh can get some big fights and end up winning, making great money, but I don't think it's worth it, and if Al is taking care of him even better.

I don't like the way he was looking at the end of the fight, and I hope he don't experience that anymore. People get they ass beat, but that was exceptionally bad. They really shoulda stopped the fight after the 7th when he suffered from the 2nd knockdown of that round.

To be clear I don't think he would've won this even in a different universe where the accident hadn't occured, but I'm using it rather as justification to possibly retire.

He really should retire. What Tarver was saying about Errol needs to really be honest with himself is 100% real, and his team needs to be honest with him too. His speech is definitely different post accident. I do think some of that is his teeth, but some of it is the accident as well. He was never really fast but he’s nowhere as athletic or as explosive post accident. Dude overcame a lot and has been through a lot. He hasn’t even posted on social media since the fight, and he’s always on that shyt. He took a sustained beating in there last night with the biggest puncher in the division.

He should retire, but he probably won’t. If he fights on, he definitely needs a new trainer.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Loved the way Crawford placed his left elbow/forearm on Spence's chest/neck area and posted to refuse to get bullied, which completely negated Errol's momentum and setup techniques

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He really should retire. What Tarver was saying about Errol needs to really be honest with himself is 100% real, and his team needs to be honest with him too. His speech is definitely different post accident. I do think some of that is his teeth, but some of it is the accident as well. He was never really fast but he’s nowhere as athletic or as explosive post accident. Dude overcame a lot and has been through a lot. He hasn’t even posted on social media since the fight, and he’s always on that shyt. He took a sustained beating in there last night with the biggest puncher in the division.

He should retire, but he probably won’t. If he fights on, he definitely needs a new trainer.
His teeth is different post accident. Teeth implants, right?

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
Does he fight Ennis or not?
Does fighting Ennis do anything for buds career, esp now that he is probably a star and big draw after last night?

He 36 and doesn’t have that many fights left in him.

going up to 154 imo is the better move for him.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA