7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
This alone is why I think the rematch will happen even if it shouldn't. Showtime/PBC will have to milk those for all that it's worth. They have no one else except Davis.

Yea they def in a weird spot now. From the post fight interview it sounds like Bud still don't fukk with the management over there so I don't think him fighting on PBC for this fight and the rematch is the beginning of some long term relationship necessarily. Bud going to 154 and dropping them belts would be doing them a favor. I wish he were younger and could hold the belts hostage at 147.

dVWuD2F.gif

For example, that's a massive body shot landed to another fighter and potentially a follow-up combination. But how Crawford fought him, dude was seeing those loaded punches coming from a distance away.

yea Bud did a lot of subtle shyt in there like stepping back when Spence loaded up on them body punches, forcing him to extend and open him up for the counters that rocked him . Here you can see him taking advantage of Spence tendency to change levels when he's attacked. We saw Spence getting rocked repeatedly when he was in that crouched down position. Bud was really well prepared for this fight. The calmness with which he just stepped back and pivoted after landing here :banderas: . He even pushed off with the right hand to create more distance. Truly brilliant boxing IQ

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
dVWuD2F.gif

Errol's punches weren't as snappy because unlike his previous opponents, dude was in there with someone who wouldn't stand in front of him.

For example, that's a massive body shot landed to another fighter and potentially a follow-up combination. But how Crawford fought him, dude was seeing those loaded punches coming from a distance away.
That's not the real Spence in that video. One fight to many at 147

We all saw it but are afraid to admit it

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

nikka took this video is a Herb. I dont even like Suffering succotash one time Thurman but I'd be perfectly fine with him knocking dude out.

Now that thats out the way.... Did you nikkas not want to see this fight? All of sudden Al Haymon set him up?

Got damn the Ring is trash....... I blame @patscorpio

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yea they def in a weird spot now. From the post fight interview it sounds like Bud still don't fukk with the management over there so I don't think him fighting on PBC for this fight and the rematch is the beginning of some long term relationship necessarily. Bud going to 154 and dropping them belts would be doing them a favor. I wish he were younger and could hold the belts hostage at 147.

yea Bud did a lot of subtle shyt in there like stepping back when Spence loaded up on them body punches, forcing him to extend and open him up for the counters that rocked him . Here you can see him taking advantage of Spence tendency to change levels when he's attacked. We saw Spence getting rocked repeatedly when he was in that crouched down position. Bud was really well prepared for this fight. The calmness with which he just stepped back and pivoted after landing here :banderas: . He even pushed off with the right hand to create more distance. Truly brilliant boxing IQ
Yup, just wouldn't let Errol get his feet set.

Like one of Bud's cornermen said after the fight, Errol loads up his punches, that's easily going to be exploitable for someone with skills.
Sure enough, in the fight Errol was loading up his punches like what he did in that .gif.
Bud took advantage of that as he was basically "leading the dance" like in that clip and made Errol follow him around.

There's a video of Bomac saying Anthony Joshua should really watch Holyfield and learn.
Holyfield was excellent at doing what Bud was doing in that clip and I'm sure coached Bud up the same except to not emphasize on keeping the exchange going.

I also love how well Bud knows to use his hands to control the opponent, again, something Holyfield also does very well.

Last edited:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
nikka took this video is a Herb. I dont even like Suffering succotash one time Thurman but I'd be perfectly fine with him knocking dude out.

Now that thats out the way.... Did you nikkas not want to see this fight? All of sudden Al Haymon set him up?

Got damn the Ring is trash....... I blame @patscorpio
Suffering succotash

:russ: :russ: :russ:

• Haha
Reactions: IVS

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Nothing was off. He got beat.
A lot was off
Keith will talk all this shyt. Then come back and fight Gamboa somehow. LOL JK
Y’all realize how kind it is for a professional athlete to engage with the audience like this and still keep it cool when the audience member is throwing insults at them

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...

He was EXTREMELY well prepared. They dissected Spence’s whole fighting style. Had a stratagem for everything he likes to do, and when he became more aggressive trying to get some get back, they used his aggression against him.

Bomac said something like Bud had three coaches for this fight. They brought in UFC guys for wrestling, grappling, and clinching. They worked on Bud’s power and dude already punched hard. They approached this fight like a life or death kinda thing, and Spence had just Derrick James doing whatever it is he wasn’t doing to get Spence ready. 🫤

Bud even let Spence jab in the first round just to get the timing of it. He started countering the fukk outta it in the 2nd with his own power jab. Taking away Spence’s jab really neutralized him, because everything works off the jab for him. After that, he’s just following Crawford around trying to land a hail mary punch, and he was getting lit up doing that. When Spence would try to go to the body Crawford would throw blistering fast uppercuts from hell.

They really had a masterful gameplan. The fight was “easy” because how much work they put into preparation. Team Spence had zero adjustments.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Looking back at this :wow:

There were definitely a few times Spence had Bud cornered and something like this happened, but with a live punch and masterful boxer.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Yup, just wouldn't let Errol get his feet set.

Like one of Bud's cornermen said after the fight, Errol loads up his punches, that's easily going to be exploitable for someone with skills.
Sure enough, in the fight Errol was loading up his punches like what he did in that .gif.
Bud took advantage of that as he was basically "leading the dance" like in that clip and made Errol follow him around.
Not to undermine Spence resume :troll: but the ease with which Bud boxed that nikka head off really has me wanting to go back and evaluate wtf Spence other opponents were doing
Mikey was probably too small, Danny was too stiff and slow, Porter is just not a sophisticated enough boxer probably. But a guy like Ugas was someone I thought was an aight boxer. Need to rewatch that jawn and see why he couldn't nullify what Spence wanted to do. Bud made that shyt look mad simple and easy