A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:francis: I’m okay with the hiring, and more relieved that we didn’t hire Mark Jackson.

:francis: Just want to understand the logic behind the reason for them choosing to pass on Bud.
Do we know we definitely passed on Bud? Do we know it wasn't the other way around? The Bucks made it public they would pursue him before we made our announcement. Maybe Bud wanted to meet with Milwaukee before accepting an offer from us.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
:francis: I’m okay with the hiring, and more relieved that we didn’t hire Mark Jackson.

:francis: Just want to understand the logic behind the reason for them choosing to pass on Bud.

Also relieved that it wasn't Blatt either :scusthov:

As far as Bud goes, the situation he had in Atl began to sour after they stripped him of his GM power and went full tank mode
More than likely, wanted a level of power in personnel decisions that Perry/Mills weren't comfortable in relinquishing
Add to that, probably didnt want to go thru another season of winning less than 30 games/rebuilding
Why leave one rebuilding team for another? Esp when the Bucks have a young squad that was just in the playoffs and are closer to "win now" than we are, Bud probably prefers that situation more than ours :yeshrug:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

If i had to guess, it could be a bird in the hand situation. Do you risk missing out on your second and maybe third choices while you wait on your first choice to decide whether he wants the job?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
What is wrong with this man? We hired a damn good coach with a good reputation fukk is he moping about? Dude is already stirring the pot and trying to cause controversy.

He really said losing record. They overachieved his first year and tanked his second, his record is irrelevant.
He’s a clown, and would’ve had some kinda shytty comments had they hired Blatt or Bud anyway.