A breh gon enlist in the Air Force

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
Also Coast Guard? Really?:hhh: Most of us don't even consider that a damn military branch:mjlol: IJS:manny:

Then youre wayyyy ahead of the curve! What you wanna fly? Helos or Fixed wing? Still gotta be good in math (and then science) YOu may be ready for Army Warrant School. Still a good life, but you gotta be committed to the journey. AFmay take you but you can't get away from going through pilot training and it's intense.
:russ: I can’t lie I knew y’all would crack on the Coast Guard .. but the search and rescue shyt to me was always dope :yeshrug:. I don’t care for the fixed wings so I’m trying to do helos. I just checked the Warrant officer school out that might be a good alternative but they saying mandatory 8 years :patrice:.

With high enough AFOQT amd TBAS scores you're certainly competitive even off of the street. However ROTC and Academy grads are the majority of pilots in the Active Duty world unfortunately.

And in Operations career fields like flying, special operations and Cyber, officers are way more hands long and are directly leading missions but still doing hands on operations work side by side with Enlisted as well.

In non operations work you're way more of a manager letting your SNCOs and E6s run the shop and doing more administrative work and briefing to the Squadron and Group commanders.
Good looking on the info, i figured it’s gonna be crazy competitive too so ima do some more research and try to reach out to a recruiter to see what they talking about too. I might even get a tutor to get right again with math and science

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Let me backup on the coast guard. Their sea and rescue operations are no joke, Navy too but the Navy isn’t a cakewalk like people think it is either

Goon for hire

All Star
Daps
@Abraxus please let me know when you’re available breh I got some career questions whether I should join rotc in college this August or go ahead with the contract I already signed. Gonna shoot you a pm

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
@Abraxus please let me know when you’re available breh I got some career questions whether I should join rotc in college this August or go ahead with the contract I already signed. Gonna shoot you a pm

It’s all good bruh, lay it on me and I’ll answer as honestly as possible! Also, don’t let the rotc 8 year commitment deter you! It’ll fly by and you’re guaranteed to triple your net worth! ( vet status, va, 911 gi bill etc, made man!)
:blessed:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Bumping this thread because I got a couple more questions.

Base pay depends on your rank, but it seems mighty low. E4 gets $25k-$30/year. Is base pay the only thing you get? Is there other ways to make money? I'd love to have $100k stacked up after getting out in 4 years.

How much does language pay? I took a semester in college, did pretty good. If I learn Spanish proficiently, how much would I get? And say I learned German after, would I get even more?

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Bumping this thread because I got a couple more questions.

Base pay depends on your rank, but it seems mighty low. E4 gets $25k-$30/year. Is base pay the only thing you get? Is there other ways to make money? I'd love to have $100k stacked up after getting out in 4 years.

How much does language pay? I took a semester in college, did pretty good. If I learn Spanish proficiently, how much would I get? And say I learned German after, would I get even more?

Hey....hey...not to burst your bubble or knock you down a peg but reality is this: initially, you don’t and you won’t make a lot of money. This ain’t no street hustle. You ain’t selling no kilos. It’s a high risk, high reward type of environment. Complete the journey and you’ll be changed. Forever.

Yes you’ll receive special incentive pays IF you qualify for them. IF you certify for them. IF you complete the training and learn the trades. If you’re not 25 yet you have a chance to make it work for you, btw we aren’t at war. We fought those already, you welcome breh :datazz:

Btw, you wear boots for a reason. All the bullshyt you’ll have to endure on the journey. As I speak I make six figures talking to you. With no job. :coffee: Let that sink in. Bout to live my life through Dave Free. You welcome