A friend of mine makes $72,000 a year and can’t get an apartment.

concise

Veteran
Daps
@Shadow King

idk why you quoted me with that same nonsense post. One hour commute on mass transit in NYC is literally light work, a standard thing.

69 percent of the city's neighborhoods average over 40 minutes of commuting time. (2016 data)

All those numbers are worse in 2023. Several city neighborhoods averaging over an hour traveling ONE WAY to work. The city is more than Manhattan.

And you start clicking on the neighborhood data outside of Manhattan, over a third average over at least one hour commute times.

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
@Shadow King

idk why you quoted me with that same nonsense post. One hour commute on mass transit in NYC is literally light work, a standard thing.

69 percent of the city's neighborhoods average over 40 minutes of commuting time. (2016 data)

All those numbers are worse in 2023. Several city neighborhoods averaging over an hour traveling ONE WAY to work. The city is more than Manhattan.

And you start clicking on the neighborhood data outside of Manhattan, over a third average over at least one hour commute times.
I quoted you because nothing about it was nonsense and nothing you're saying refutes what I posted.

By your own sources most people are not commuting 1 hours plus.

Again, an hour commute is not light work. A considerable amount of people being forced to do something, doesn't make it light work.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
COVID fukked her credit up as she maxed out credit cards just to pay bills. She’s living with family and finally bounced back landing a job making 72k 3 months ago.

But every apartment she applied for denied her because of her credit score. So now she looking for apartments in bad areas.

:francis: These property managers be on bullshyt. And on top of that she wasted bread on application fees. I credit score is in the 500’s.
She should rent a room or something until sje can fix her credit. She should not rent in a bad area

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
COVID fukked her credit up as she maxed out credit cards just to pay bills. She’s living with family and finally bounced back landing a job making 72k 3 months ago.

But every apartment she applied for denied her because of her credit score. So now she looking for apartments in bad areas.

:francis: These property managers be on bullshyt. And on top of that she wasted bread on application fees. I credit score is in the 500’s.

Constant credit inquiries will tend to lower your score. Ideally she should have waited, saved up, till she had a score around 700

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
after taxes and expenses (expected/unexpected) she probably makes 10k

so her first mistake from my POV is her mental math that makes her say "I make 72k" that's most likely a miscalculation

I think you also mentioned some debt so truthfully after all expenses if she is still in the red she really makes $0 per year

idk why people don't keep it bloodraw with themselves when it comes to money

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
She living with her aunt. Her aunt owns her house. She helps out with bills and groceries. Plus she breaks her off money for baby sitting. But she hates not having her own spot.

I told her to just keep saving until her credit improves. AND She has student loans. AND she be sending money to relatives in Ghana.
Why she wanna go off on her own when clearly she needs to be on a better foundation. She needs to stay with her aunt as long as she can. It's better for everyone. She wanna go off on her own for what? So she can have a man laying ip in her place?

concise

Veteran
Daps
I quoted you because nothing about it was nonsense and nothing you're saying refutes what I posted.

By your own sources most people are not commuting 1 hours plus.

Again, an hour commute is not light work. A considerable amount of people being forced to do something, doesn't make it light work.

Blah

Over a third overall travel an hour with several neighborhoods, rich and poor, averaging at least an hour, means yes it is light work.

And with the way mass transit works in NYC, a 40 minute commute means you often need an hour anyway because delays happen frequently

Which also means many single mothers do this everyday.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Blah

Over a third overall travel an hour with several neighborhoods, rich and poor, averaging at least an hour, means yes it is light work.

And with the way mass transit works in NYC, a 40 minute commute means you often need an hour anyway because delays happen frequently

Which also means many single mothers do this everyday.
Blah

A third of people traveling over an hour to work does not make it light work.

I guess 60 hours of work is light too since people do that also.

This can go on as long as necessary.

jesc07

Pro
Daps
Tell her to file bankruptcy. Then reach out to a landlord and say she had to file cause of medical bills or something...they can skip the credit check and she can get a decent place with higher deposit. Avoid the big companies and reach out to the small landlords

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Tell her to find a private owner. There are landlords that don’t give two shyts about credit as long as you’ve had a stable income for a while

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

she is needs to live with her family. stack her bread, and offer the landlord like 6 months upfront to get an apartment. also work on paying off debt whiel staying with family.