A Generation of American Men Give Up on College: ‘I Just Feel Lost’

Kski

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
How did you make this about incels when we are having a real discussion about education and the economy :gucci:

And there's plenty of incels in college not getting any hoes. In what world is going to college representative of your p*ssy rate? :gucci:
:mjlol: Throwing “incel” into every conversation about men is the new hot thing for folks who stay on Twitter/social media

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
If you saw an older brother/cousin go to college and then return home after graduation, would you be eager to invest 3 years and 10s of thousands going?

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How did you make this about incels when we are having a real discussion about education and the economy :gucci:

And there's plenty of incels in college not getting any hoes. In what world is going to college representative of your p*ssy rate? :gucci:

I think theses are connected issues around the larger conversation of men not fulfilling their potential.

Or you could just be easily triggered.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So according to the article, colleges are almost 60% female. They're presumed to join the work force in some capacity after they graduate. Let's see what percentage of females remain in the work force after having children. Some women stay home with their children and won't return to work until they're in school and some won't return at all.

Anyway, college isn't for everyone. I know of trade workers making 300k a year consistently and they don't own the companies they work for. Outside of a college graduate owning their own company or getting hooked up by family/friend, I can't think of any job in the U.S. that will pay a new college grad 300k a year and all they have is a degree.

Per Morgan Stanley, 45% of women between 25-44 will be single and childless by 2030. It's not likely to happen for many.

Is 2020 the Year of the SHEconomy? | Morgan Stanley

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seems like this overlaps with the rise in incel culture.

College is the best place to hook up and socialize. It’s the last opportunity that the average guy has to be free before committing to work and family.

60/40 female to male ratio :eat:

You have to take that incel shyt elsewhere. This is a real topic that has a catastrophic impact to the nation if young men and boys are treated as disposable by a society that has grown to resent them. One of the women who's observed this trend has said as much in the piece.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I grew older I began to hate school and the school system more and more so I can relate. Going to college became more about making my parents happy instead of making me happy.

If you aren't passionate about something that specifically requires school, then I don't think you should go to college. :yeshrug:
Nah. I hate school myself. Mainly because I don’t think it’s worth getting into debt over it. But if you have someone to sponsor the whole thing for u, then it’s worth it.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not really..... and white people's problems eventually become our problems

White people can pick and choose.

White boys are choosing not to go to school despite be able to benefit from the myriad of scholarships/networking connection that favor them.

Young black men dont have that luxury to pick and choose

Daps
Reppin
NULL
While this is true what is also true is there is a desperate need for Black professionals in many fields that require education. From medicine to law to tech. We are already under represented and we don't have the LUXURY of feeling like school isn't for us.

For us to make our mark in this modern world education is essential. Otherwise we will keep being at the mercy of others. It's simple math.

When we are not present in these spaces other people are making decisions for us and not in good faith.

This is true..... but a lot of talented nikkas do not want to go into white corporate America.... and that is a real thing.... Lawyers can do their thing.... Doctors are going to be a part of a bigger system regardless, but everything else may involve a nikka having to tuck his tail somewhat in front of them folks.....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people can pick and choose.

White boys are choosing not to go to school despite be able to benefit from the myriad of scholarships/networking connection that favor them.

Young black men dont have that luxury to pick and choose

Of course they do.... they pick and choose every day.....

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
K-12 has been centered on girls since the 90s

Also, There is way more pressure on young men to have money, his own place, a car ect right out of High School. Many will chose the work force over college, avoiding debt for a degree which may be worthless outside of STEM.

But No one will judge a young woman for being a broke college student.

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Seems like this overlaps with the rise in incel culture.

College is the best place to hook up and socialize. It’s the last opportunity that the average guy has to be free before committing to work and family.

60/40 female to male ratio :eat:
This is why serious conversations about men’s outlook on life
Can not happen on this forum
Everything in life is not about fukking or entertaining some female
There are a lot of men(across all racial lines) feeling displaced in this world
Feel like failures for not “figuring it out” at the appropriate societal age
Out here depressed even when they are the most popular and successful
Men’s mental healthy is put on the back burner and it’s goofy fakkits like you
That help keep perpetuating this mythos of men not being human
I don’t even get mad at bytches when they say this dumbshyt
Because clearly they don’t know better and never can walk in a mans shoes
But when I read fukk nikkas like you saying this shyt