"Who are the Knicks? Brunson, Brunson and some other Knickas" " - Official '23 NYK Offseason Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

crying-stefon-diggs.gif

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Simmons floated the Knicks trading Rose and Cam and like 2 protected picks for Derozan, sending RJ to the bench and letting him run wild for 6th man of the year award (like Miami does Hero)

Not gonna lie… I DONT HATE IT…

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Don't come back to Earth. Just keep going.
Simmons floated the Knicks trading Rose and Cam and like 2 protected picks for Derozan, sending RJ to the bench and letting him run wild for 6th man of the year award (like Miami does Hero)

I listened to it.

But...do you ever give the guys you drafted an opportunity to earn their spot?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Don't come back to Earth. Just keep going.

I listened to it.

But...do you ever give the guys you drafted an opportunity to earn their spot?

Not a knock on RJ. Derozan is old and has two years on his contract. We’d be giving up next to nothing of need to get a true go to scorer that catapults us into a sure fire top 4 seed. RJ would still be an integral piece of the roster and gives us a real intriguing small ball lineup with him at the 3, Derozan at the 4 and Randle at the 5 to end games.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way

I'm good. if there aint a move that catapults us into truly competing for a title it makes no sense to allocate resources for a guy like him to move the needle to a 2nd round exit. rather see if rj can progress into being a better value for his contract.