A Tragedy in Song: “Hot nikka” by Bobby Shmurda

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Whats ironic here is that pinpointing socio-economic ills on rap songs is just as anti-intellectual as the songs and artists they wish to malign, and is part of a long standing tradition from aging people who wish to punt on substantive discussions in lieu of taking the easy way out by scapegoating rebellious youth culture as a sign of a supposed collapsing society. Before Shmurda it was 'gangsta' rap, R rated movies, rap itself, baggy pants, 'satanic music', MTV, Rock music, Madonna, Jazz music, Disco, James Dean, violence in tv, etc, etc, etc....its the "these darn kids and their_____" simplistic explanations of the ills of the world.

People who favor these discussions fall into one of two camps:

A) Hypocrites who enjoyed rebellious culture as a youth, but now hate it because they are bitter they are aging and can no longer relate nor participate.

B) Squares who didnt participate in youth culture when it was age appropriate for them to do so, and therefore have a narrow frame of reference as it relates to being a carefree kid who likes listening to immature, edgy stuff.

Being that this is a hip hop site, and given the general age cohort here, I think its safe to say that many of us grew up listening to the Mobb Deeps, Dipsets, Biggies, Tupacs, and Snoops of the world. I listened to music steeped in violence and misogyny, and I like to think I turned out just ok, as Im sure many of you have. Its simple: rap music didnt provide any sort of real guidepost in my life. It was entertainment I engaged in strictly for fun, and thats where it ended.

The vast majority of people listening to Bobby Shmurda are bumping him on the way to school, and not on the way to committing a "lick". Go bore other people with your chastising crusade.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Whats ironic here is that pinpointing socio-economic ills on rap songs is just as anti-intellectual as the songs and artists they wish to malign, and is part of a long standing tradition from aging people who wish to punt on substantive discussions in lieu of taking the easy way out by scapegoating rebellious youth culture as a sign of a supposed collapsing society. Before Shmurda it was 'gangsta' rap, R rated movies, rap itself, baggy pants, 'satanic music', MTV, Rock music, Madonna, Jazz music, Disco, James Dean, violence in tv, etc, etc, etc....its the "these darn kids and their_____" simplistic explanations of the ills of the world.

A) Hypocrites who enjoyed rebellious culture as a youth, but now hate it because they are bitter they are aging and can no longer relate nor participate.

B) Squares who didnt participate in youth culture when it was age appropriate for them to do so, and therefore have a narrow frame of reference as it relates to being a carefree kid who likes listening to immature, edgy stuff.

Being that this is a hip hop site, and given the general age cohort here, I think its safe to say that many of us grew up listening to the Mobb Deeps, Dipsets, Biggies, Tupacs, and Snoops of the world. I listened to music steeped in violence and misogyny, and I like to think I turned out just ok, as Im sure many of you have. Its simple: rap music didnt provide any sort of real guidepost in my life. It was entertainment I engaged in strictly for fun, and thats where it ended.

The vast majority of people listening to Bobby Shmurda are bumping him on the way to school, and not on the way to committing a "lick". Go bore other people with your chastising crusade.

yo did you even read the article? or is this just a cut and paste whenever you see a twism thread?

where in the article does it suggest that people are committing crimes from listening to this song?

FYI its just an article saying how sad the lyrics of the song and how they represent the sad state of society

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Whitesnake...Aerosmith...Red Hot Chilli Peppers...Metallica...Iron Maiden...Black Sabbath...Sex Pistols....The Ramones...Sublime...

What do alllllllll these bands have in common?

(Besides the drugs :beli: )

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
its very obvious that you guys just cut and paste stale arguments and your brains are not engaging in any real critical analysis

the article is well written and poignant and its very generous to rap music imo and it discusses social ills that lead to the song, which presumably is a good thing, but your minds are so closed that you cant see it

you guys just exposed what an intellectual dead end the "defense of rap" has become

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how is that connected to this article?

you fuks obviously didnt read the article
fuq yo article :bryan:

Bush_shoe_attack1.gif

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
your assignment for today is to actually read the article and write 1 one page essay on whats wrong with the article, and cuz im a nice guy I'll even allow you to double space
i'd give you a sneak pic of this business but that'll stir up internets... you keep worrying about shmurda..

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Can anyone in here deny the power of music?
Its been tried for decades. And in truth no one should have to tell blacks to stop destroying themselves. We should hold members of our race accountable for their own actions.
When it was tried it always worked