A year after opening 600 rooms to L.A.’s unhoused, the Cecil Hotel is still mostly empty. Here’s why

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
They don’t want to do that. They’d rather steal/ embezzle the money. They could also know they are gonna fail inspection and just weasel out of it to keep the money from HUD coming…Marin Housing does both of these things…

+300 mil every year and somehow there’s never any money for fixing these dilapidated housing units… I could tell you more :sas2:
Seen THAT with my own two eyes as well.

:snoop:

Any and all housing and facilities administered by HUD are subject to auditing from the Local, State, and Federal Government at ANY time. More often than not, they schedule the audit ahead of time to let them get their paperwork together so auditors have an easier time sorting through it.

Someone knows EXACTLY where that money goes because they HAVE to.

:martin:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas

According to SAMHSA, 38% of homeless people abused alcohol while 26% abused other drugs.

This means 62% don't abuse alcohol and 74% don't abuse any other drugs.

As far as the amount of homeless people that work, full-time or otherwise....

“Some paid work” over the prior months doesn’t equate to steady 40 hour a week full time work, which was said to be the case for 40% of the homeless in the post I referenced. Which is absolute BS. I posted a study which in 2018 found only 2 percent actually had steady full time work.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
read more about the issue, you'd be surprised how dire things really are in america.
People are really stupid out here not realizing how bad it could get for them in a second. That’s why they use their vote for dumb shyt like gop social issues instead of things that matter and elect people who continue to fukk up this nation. I’m comfortable ,but I still realize how bad it is for my fellow man. It blows my mind how some of these cats hearts are so cold to the plight of others :snoop:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
“Some paid work” over the prior months doesn’t equate to steady 40 hour a week full time work, which was said to be the case for 40% of the homeless in the post I referenced.
If you had bothered reading the link I provided, you'd have seen that it wasn't trying to equate the percentage of the homeless with full-time employment, but to explain where that percentage came from.

There is no comprehensive data on the subject. Any percentage stated is an estimate based on imperfect data that is inconclusive so is as 'absolute BS' as your estimate of 2%.​

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
That place is cursed.

Stay in that demonic place if you want to..........

Isn’t that the hotel where the girl went missing on the Netflix doc?
Yea I watched a Netflix doc on that place about 2 years ago. Chick went missing and there were all types of conspiracy theories about it being haunted and shyt.

I immediately recognized the name of the hotel when I saw this thread.

It seemed like it was pretty seedy when they were showing jt in the doc. Hopefully they fixed it up.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
“Some paid work” over the prior months doesn’t equate to steady 40 hour a week full time work, which was said to be the case for 40% of the homeless in the post I referenced. Which is absolute BS. I posted a study which in 2018 found only 2 percent actually had steady full time work.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Homelessness is my Citys number one priority. For every one person they find housing for four more people are becoming homeless (they've calculated this number based on people acessjng homeless services for the first time so it's likely higher).

A big problem is there used to be a lot of Sro's or motels but they sold so luxury condos could be built. The pandemic was brutal for people with precarious financial or living situations.

As far as all of homeless people being on dope I don't think it starts out that way but eventually someone offers to help you pass the nights a little easier and that's how it starts.

Ideally this is a sort of program that would work but the bureaucracy is killing it. There are definitely people that rather be on the street or feel the rooms are too small or don't wanna follow rules. But for every one of them I guarantee there are 5 that would love to be able to sleep in a bed.

The whole situation is fukked.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
not surprised...I always stereotyped street people as being nuts. not down on their luck. they should make that spot a mental health facility these bums need treatment a spot to flop :manny:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Homelessness is my Citys number one priority. For every one person they find housing for four more people are becoming homeless (they've calculated this number based on people acessjng homeless services for the first time so it's likely higher).

A big problem is there used to be a lot of Sro's or motels but they sold so luxury condos could be built. The pandemic was brutal for people with precarious financial or living situations.

As far as all of homeless people being on dope I don't think it starts out that way but eventually someone offers to help you pass the nights a little easier and that's how it starts.

Ideally this is a sort of program that would work but the bureaucracy is killing it. There are definitely people that rather be on the street or feel the rooms are too small or don't wanna follow rules. But for every one of them I guarantee there are 5 that would love to be able to sleep in a bed.

The whole situation is fukked.

just like when people leave prison addicts or smokers when they previously never engaged in those activities before being incarcerated. :francis:

it's known that becoming unhoused can deteriorate any normal persons mental state.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Libs with another blunder.

Start the vouchers with mentally stable seniors and people who had a work history and are looking for work.

Work your way down to bum ass losers drug addicts and lunatics from there
you are a piece of shyt of a human being and I still hope for you that all disdain you harbor does not poison you.