Aaliyah and Beyonce at the 2000 MTV Movie Awards

Jinx`

Well damn.
Daps
Reppin
15-10
Alright, I'm in for the fukkery.. Who's gon hate first :pachaha:

That's cray to go back to the days where Bey is a guest red carpet interviewer...how the times have changed. :wow:
Timeline got me fukked

What I remember is..

Aaliyah on top
Aaliyah dies -- Void in female RnB (Besides Alicia Keys)
Lisa Lopes dies -- Death of RnB Girl Groups besides Destiny's Child
Ashanti blows up a quick sec
Beyonce basically ditches Destiny's Child
Ciara blows up a quick sec
Beyonce on top
Rihanna joins Beyonce

I ain't even tryna hate on Beyonce cuz she got drive, but that decade was brutal. I don't like her music like that. But the fact that she made it through all that chaos is amazing. Now ain't damn near nobody left to oppose her.. Shyt this video is something else...to think it's been 20 years, no one could have told me this shyt back in the day.. Hell Aaliyah fam still got feelings fukking around not even letting people use her music, all shyt all topsy turby :dame:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which is crazy cause In 2000 Beyoncé was bigger than Aaliyah, had #1 hits and a Grammy

Aaliyah also had a record setting #1 hit in 2000 with "Try Again". Beyonce wasn't even a solo. And you can't really say they sold records because of Beyonce because a lot of Destiny's Child fans were crazy about Kelly as well. None of the solo albums were ever as successful as Writing's On The Wall.

In 2000, as a solo artist Aaliyah was bigger than Beyonce. I remember both Amil and 50 Cent having flopped singles that featured Beyonce in 2000.

Daps
Aaliyah also had a record setting #1 hit in 2000 with "Try Again". Beyonce wasn't even a solo. And you can't really say they sold records because of Beyonce because a lot of Destiny's Child fans were crazy about Kelly as well. None of the solo albums were ever as successful as Writing's On The Wall.

In 2000, as a solo artist Aaliyah was bigger than Beyonce. I remember both Amil and 50 Cent having flopped singles that featured Beyonce in 2000.

nikka Destiny’s child was Beyoncé :stopitslime:

Facts only:

3 #1 hits on the hot 100 in 2000

Bills bills bills
Say my name
Independent women

Aaliyah doesn’t have a #1 hit to her name

Facts only

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka Destiny’s child was Beyoncé :stopitslime:

Facts only:

3 #1 hits on the hot 100 in 2000

Bills bills bills
Say my name
Independent women

Aaliyah doesn’t have a #1 hit to her name

Facts only

Beyonce was not Destiny's Child. This was evidenced by the fact that Beyonce wasn't able to do well on her own. Beyonce did not become a star as a solo artist until the moment that the opening notes on "Crazy In Love" dropped. It's revisionist history to suggest that Beyonce was always this huge star or that she carried Destiny's Child. She was actually getting booed after the shake ups within the group. Kelly Rowland's solo album was made a priority over Beyonce. Her own label was on the fence about her solo album when "Work It Out" didn't do well.