Aaliyah and Beyonce at the 2000 MTV Movie Awards

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
At comparing separate memebers of TLC to Beyoncé
:russ:
Your whole argument is based on the FACTS of album sales and grammys. But now you don't wanna use that when we bring those same FACTS to the table but just switch out the names.

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
At comparing separate memebers of TLC to Beyoncé
:russ:

TLC was t boz lefteye and chili

Destiny child was Beyoncé and whatever members they swapped in or out at the time
Then why did the writings on the wall outsell any of beyonce’s solo albums? :russ:

And if dc was “just beyonce” why didnt she just start off solo?

Because she didnt have the star power. It was easier for black teens to pop off as a group.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Beyonce only got with Jay because Nas curved her after they played groupies in his video

And Jayz obviously made Aaliyah his first choice before bey, because Aaliyah was more popular at the time. Even had shaq lying on his dikk about her lol.

I guess they both settled lol.
This post is wild levels of disgusting :scust:

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Im a huge Aaliyah fan but I do not get this logic. Clearly Beyonce was the star of DC from the start lol.
same...I love Aaliyah...dont care much for Beyonce...

Aaliyah wasnt stopping nobody letting alone Beyonce :mjlol:

its just an effort to cyse Aaliyah's legacy but to me it hurts her more than it helps cause then you get these Beyonce people going the other extreme to act like she wasnt shyt..its frustrating on both ends

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
same...I love Aaliyah...dont care much for Beyonce...

Aaliyah wasnt stopping nobody letting alone Beyonce :mjlol:

its just an effort to cyse Aaliyah cause she passed but to me its hurts her more than it helps cause then you get these Beyonce people going the other extreme to act like she wasnt shyt..its frustrating on both ends
I think its just Beyonce got all the things it seemed like Aaliyah might get if she lived. Also Aaliyah has a more likable personality is why people do this.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Beyonce was not Destiny's Child. This was evidenced by the fact that Beyonce wasn't able to do well on her own. Beyonce did not become a star as a solo artist until the moment that the opening notes on "Crazy In Love" dropped. It's revisionist history to suggest that Beyonce was always this huge star or that she carried Destiny's Child. She was actually getting booed after the shake ups within the group. Kelly Rowland's solo album was made a priority over Beyonce. Her own label was on the fence about her solo album when "Work It Out" didn't do well.
The Destiny's child albums preceding and following Beyonce's debut, sales of Beyonces debut and Kellys were as following

2001 - DC - Survivor 4x platinum (4.6 according to Billboard, no ww # found)
2002 - Kelly Rowland - Simply Deep Gold (602k according to Reuters US, 2.5 million ww according to a broken link)
2003 - Beyonce -Dangerously in Love 4x platinum (5 million US according to Billboard, 11 million ww according to MTV and Columbia Records)
2004 - DC - Destiny Fulfilled 3x platinum (no ww # )

It's a striking pattern, might be random.

According to Nielsen Soundscan through Huffington Post
Beyonce has sold 17.7 million records in the US and approximately 60 million worldwide.
Destiny's Child has sold 18.6 million albums in the US & 40 million albums worldwide.

According to Nielsen SoundScan, A Breakdown of Beyonce's US & Worldwide Album Sales | HuffPost

What's good with facts during these Trump days :skip:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
It's really had to say how big people in groups were.
Like Spice Girls were huge, but single members were not. Nsync were huge but only JT could even come close to matching the group, Destiny's Child huge and only Beyonce could match their sales. Beatles huge but Paul and Lennon were not close. Jackson 5 huge, but was MJ bigger during their existence or was it not until first after their existence?

All we know is that her own solo did the same as Destiny's and even more while the rest did like 5-15% of what she did. But did that star power come in 2003 or was it always there? No one will be able to provide any evidence stating either really.