Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree completely.

Do you believe the Dem nominee would win in 2020 if reparations were an official part of their platform?

I do not.

I think a Dem most certainly can with reparations as part of their platform.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I agree completely.

Do you believe the Dem nominee would win in 2020 if reparations were an official part of their platform?

I do not.
I dont believe anyone could win with reparations as part of their platform. I also dont condone not voting.

We just dont have a big enough voter block to offset the amount of cacs that wouldn't vote for a candidate in support of reparations.

But I'm happy the conversation over reparations is actually happening when before it was a nonstarter.

I also like the fact that Democrats are being forced to acknowledge the fact that they pander for black votes without actually doing anything for black people. Everything they say they do for us, ends up benefiting other minority groups first and black americans still come out last. But Democrats fight for policies that affect other minority groups(Hispanic, gay, women, etc.) directly.

I dont have a problem with black Americans demanding something that directly affects us and our unique situations the same way these other groups get.

I feel like Democrats will no longer need the black vote some day soon so we might as we start making demands while we can.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Why did this have to come to higher learning? It's already everywhere in TLR and the Root. Cause you know the smart dumb dudes are going to come and pollute this thread with irrational dumb shyt.

The problem with ya'll group is you think you can hold candidates hostage if they don't give you the one thing you want. And the way you do it is like complaining ass babies who pout if they don't get their way. You dont have the political voting capital to hold candidates hostage which is why you'll be pissed off next year when the candidate you hate, potentially win. Reparations or bust is not a competent strategy. If anything its doomed to fail MISERABLY due to what I said above.

Also, black nationalism doesn't work in black people's favor because you dont have the economic and social capital to elevate black people to whatever preferred standing and opportunity. So the notion that you can say fukk everyone else and indirectly and directly support white nationalist policy against other minorities in hopes for a bigger piece of the pie doesn't work when white nationalist hate black Americans just as much as any other minority race, and they would rather have a poor white person in any slot before a minority. Nationalism is a majority concept. And whites are the majority. So in a sense being a black nationalist is indirectly relying on white nationalist to help create fantasy opportunity for black people. I personally believe forming alliances with black people of all nationalites in America is a better, more competent and less bigoted way of providing opportunity and combating white supremacy.

Also, the fact that ya'll got people in your group that got issues with black immigrants, other black groups is something I will never rock with because I got love for all things black. The bigots in ya'll group against your own race of people are problematic and makes your group vulnerable to alt right/white supremacist trash jumping in the group to sow racial division, which is something they are already planning to do on pol as I've posted screenshots that were deleted.

So when all of this fails, what's your next step? Do you complain and throw fits, or do you learn your lesson and find more rational and competent ways of fighting for what you believe in?
I'm gonna borrow this..but not for the reasons one might think. Will be nice seeing how this ages in 2,4,6,8,10 months..:whistle:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That’s where it should be expected to start, once everyone excepts that’s not a option we can begin discussing feasible reparations.

Id like to see ADOS’s tax exempt. No checks need be written
With the exception of battle rap I disagree with you most of the time. I’m for Medicare for all, Free college, and a Green New Deal. However, I due support a 5 to 10 year tax exemption for ADOS as one of the options of reparations. I have this debate with people all the time. Reparations doesn’t have to be a check. I am also open to housing grants for ADOS to buy, or remodel homes since that has traditionally been the biggest way to pass down wealth. I also wouldn’t mind seeing the SBA give no interest loans, and grants to Black businesses, and startups.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Why did this have to come to higher learning? It's already everywhere in TLR and the Root. Cause you know the smart dumb dudes are going to come and pollute this thread with irrational dumb shyt.

The problem with ya'll group is you think you can hold candidates hostage if they don't give you the one thing you want. And the way you do it is like complaining ass babies who pout if they don't get their way. You dont have the political voting capital to hold candidates hostage which is why you'll be pissed off next year when the candidate you hate, potentially win. Reparations or bust is not a competent strategy. If anything its doomed to fail MISERABLY due to what I said above.

Also, black nationalism doesn't work in black people's favor because you dont have the economic and social capital to elevate black people to whatever preferred standing and opportunity. So the notion that you can say fukk everyone else and indirectly and directly support white nationalist policy against other minorities in hopes for a bigger piece of the pie doesn't work when white nationalist hate black Americans just as much as any other minority race, and they would rather have a poor white person in any slot before a minority. Nationalism is a majority concept. And whites are the majority. So in a sense being a black nationalist is indirectly relying on white nationalist to help create fantasy opportunity for black people. I personally believe forming alliances with black people of all nationalites in America is a better, more competent and less bigoted way of providing opportunity and combating white supremacy.

Also, the fact that ya'll got people in your group that got issues with black immigrants, other black groups is something I will never rock with because I got love for all things black. The bigots in ya'll group against your own race of people are problematic and makes your group vulnerable to alt right/white supremacist trash jumping in the group to sow racial division, which is something they are already planning to do on pol as I've posted screenshots that were deleted.

So when all of this fails, what's your next step? Do you complain and throw fits, or do you learn your lesson and find more rational and competent ways of fighting for what you believe in?

So if a group has people in it that don’t rock with blacks/black immigrants you can’t rock with them? Do you refrain from politics altogether then or is this a special condition you place on black political groups?
:mjpls:

When it fails, we will do the same thing progressives did/do when M4A, cj reform, living wage, daca, etc. don’t get through, we will continue to fight and push for it...
Why is that so hard to grasp when it comes to a black agenda?

Also my question has been from the start, why should a black man support Bernie in any capacity when other candidates are open to the idea of some form of reparations?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
‘The problem with ya'll group is you think you can hold candidates hostage if they don't give you the one thing you want’

Only corporations, Jews, and rich cacs can do that, you nikkas need to have a seat.:wow:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Right so in the meantime it’s in black peoples best interest to try to get healthcare, education, etc.
No its in the best interest of all blacks to push for an offset.
Healthcare and education are in the best interest of all Americans on the bottom half of the economic ladder...

… and I believe those are coming either way, no need to expend our shrinking political clout on it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No its in the best interest of all blacks to push for an offset.
Healthcare and education are in the best interest of all Americans on the bottom half of the economic ladder...

… and I believe those are coming either way, no need to expend our shrinking political clout on it.
But if we are doing “reparations or no vote” then the people who would make moves on Healthcare and education will surely not get elected. Then we don’t get healthcare or a black check:martin:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
But if we are doing “reparations or no vote” then the people who would make moves on Healthcare and education will surely not get elected. Then we don’t get healthcare or a black check:martin:
Reparations or no vote is dumb... but that's no reason for blacks to ride with the "reparations is a nonstarter" candidate. :yeshrug: