African Americans are the only racial group in U.S. still making less than they did in 2000

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Be a Democrat in 2017 brehs:sas2:
:lolbron:

zWiqloe.jpg

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Meaning the laws that are out in place aren't holding us back from starting owning and hiring:beli:
In my opinion, we need new laws favoring us that reflect not only our contributions to building this nation but the unique challenges we face being descendants of slaves*.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
In my opinion, we need new laws favoring us that reflect not only our contributions to building this nation but the unique challenges we face being descendants of slaves*.
Like what for example? not all black folks in America where slaves and most of us that are wouldn't be able to prove it. That leaves a huge door open for fraud.

I live in California so maybe that's why i hold on to the opinion that the laws on the books aren't holding us down. Maybe not helping us or giving us any edge but not holding us down. We have laws and programs the help us. For example the weed law that was passed had in it that black owned dispensaries get a tax cut. We have alot more opportunities than most around the country.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Like what for example? not all black folks in America where slaves and most of us that are wouldn't be able to prove it. That leaves a huge door open for fraud.
Huge? black people make up like 12% of the population... no amount of fraud would be 'huge"...
That said, there are measures you could take, but I don't think it would be worth it, I think we should look at it like welfare or illegal immigration, yeah some people are gonna cheat/abuse the system, but we accept those losses.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Huge? black people make up like 12% of the population... no amount of fraud would be 'huge"...
That said, there are measures you could take, but I don't think it would be worth it, I think we should look at it like welfare or illegal immigration, yeah some people are gonna cheat/abuse the system, but we accept those losses.
Huge as in the possibility of fraud (Not the amount though my point would be made either way) making it unlikely to ever pass any type of scrutiny on a national scale.

Welfair and illegal immigration are terrible examples. Two of the main reasons the stats in this thread even exist

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Huge as in the possibility of fraud (Not the amount though my point would be made either way) making it unlikely to ever pass any type of scrutiny on a national scale.

Welfair and illegal immigration are terrible examples. Two of the main reasons the stats in this thread even exist
DNA test similar to those in Israel or some other metric would suffice.:yeshrug:
Dont Native Americans already use blood test to determine benefits? :jbhmm:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
DNA test similar to those in Israel or some other metric would suffice.:yeshrug:
Dont
Native Americans already use blood test to determine benefits? :jbhmm:
:ohhh: if we talking reputations and 40 Acres I'm listening.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Not sure if it's mentioned here or not, but I was thinking about this the other day, but does this study have a way quantifying people who live off the grid. Like hood rich dudes, cats who don't fully report their income accurately, and show just enough to leech off of benefits and what not.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It's not because AA aren't working as many hours or educational achievement or anything yt people are doing extra. It's simply the good old boy clubs that keep a ceiling on achievement for AAs they'll purposely hire a few or put in an immigrant who might be Black in a position of power to fool people.
That's cool and all but we have to think beyond limits and working for someone else.......
The key is to reach a point where an individual can save up and invest in their own property, businesses and entities. Paying rent and working for someone else will always have a ceiling compared to ownership. Hypothetically what's making 20/hr if a business generates 2k an hour in profit over a period of 24 hours in a day. It's chump change and selling yourself short. Entrepreneurship is always the go to goal, when the opportunity to own and be in power is available. Working for someone else is simply a temporary means to an end, because anyone can be replaced....

Daps
That's cool and all but we have to think beyond limits and working for someone else.......
The key is to reach a point where an individual can save up and invest in their own property, businesses and entities. Paying rent and working for someone else will always have a ceiling compared to ownership. Hypothetically what's making 20/hr if a business generates 2k an hour in profit over a period of 24 hours in a day. It's chump change and selling yourself short. Entrepreneurship is always the go to goal, when the opportunity to own and be in power is available. Working for someone else is simply a temporary means to an end, because anyone can be replaced....

I agree making your own opportunity is better than hoping someone gives you one. I just hope I can land that job that I can make enough from to save. I personally know too many people working at dead end jobs with a master's or PhD and it's not because they weren't in fields of demand.