Afro Arabs to you?

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
I know some Palestinian Arabs who look like light skin Africans or mixed race, not sure they consider themselves "Afro-Arab" tho :patrice:

There are even more Saudis who look like your average light skin AA, but they are seen as normal Arabs especially if they're from one of the main tribes. You could have people from the exact same tribe yet one looks like a cac and the other looks light skin black. The children of slave masters and slave women inherited the tribe and lineage of their father. But then you also have a class of people in some parts of the Gulf who are descended from black slaves, they are Nationals of those Arab countries, but they treated like lesser citizens. I met some when I lived the UAE.

Like the Akhdam ("servants") in Yemen who are extremely impoverished and are treated poorly.

It's very complicated and it depends a lot on ppls lineage. You have Arabs in Arabia (not arabized Arabs, I mean ethics Arabs) who look African yet they are seen as pure Arabs due to their lineage. Meanwhile you have Arabs who look exactly the same as the former group, but they are seen as arabized Africans.

It's not just slave descent from the peninsula, some of them are left from Hajj/Umrah, similarly with Palestine because of Al-Aqsa.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Why don't you all know that the first people who settled Arabia were dark skin Afrikans
And it was a black land from mid east to South Africa until a few thousand yrs ago

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
@Losttribe Also lets not forget Afro-Palestinians, Afro-Iraqis and even Afro-Iranians.

These are all Bedouin Arabs who clearly have some black influence. Even the way they used to dress and do their hair reminds of how Cushyte nomads like the Afar, Beja and Somalis used to dress. But they would not be regarded as "Afro-Arab" in Arabia due to their lineage.

f75f1e320295202f7355dcbc595a8034.jpg

B9-UeW6CIAEYRbF.jpg

CyfYofiXUAAvfXJ.jpg:large

799910.jpg

d5dd765f2e8c7a5bbc0673967727d6b5.png

Disagree with "black influence." And speaking of the Bedouin Arabs some expect they carry "Basel Eurasian."

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Why would the average American know that when most Arabs in the US are white ?

I will assume the majority of the "Arabs" you see in the states is from the Levant. I was wondering do you see Arabs that look like these guys? video below

True Arabians

When i was visiting friend by UCLA Los Angeles you see those types(video above) around the area, however most of those guys were from Saudi and Yemen i recall. Students at the university i think.

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh:
Because Americans have the most access to information and history
don't you live in the States? you know damn well Americans know nothing about outside the US:dwillhuh:
Americans think Africa is a country and all black people are exactly the same :dwillhuh:
Americans think anyone speaking Spanish is Mexican :dwillhuh:
Most Americans can't identify Afghanistan or Iraq on a map :dwillhuh:
I will assume the majority of the "Arabs" you see in the states is from the Levant. I was wondering do you see Arabs that look like these guys? video below

True Arabians

When i was visiting friend by UCLA Los Angeles you see those types(video above) around the area, however most of those guys were from Saudi and Yemen i recall. Students at the university i think.
yes the majority of Arabs in the US are Lebanese/Syrian (who look indistinguishable from Europeans)
there aren't that many arabs in the US
in my personal experience, the ones that look like the guys in the video tend to by Egyptians or Yemenis who are increasing in number

most Muslims in the US aren't Arabs and large amount of Arab Americans aren't Muslim:ehh:
Whats really hilarious is the census counts Arabs as whites and also includes Somalians in their Arab count:ehh:

where i'm from and where i am now have a lot of Arabs but if they weren't wearing their traditional garb they'd look white

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
Also a lot of Saudis are of Hadhrami origin who tend to be darker skin and not dissimilar from the typical horner appearance.

Met a lot of Omanis who look like AA's too - think Michael Eric Dyson in deshdasher and muzzar.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
don't you live in the States? you know damn well Americans know nothing about outside the US:dwillhuh:
Americans think Africa is a country and all black people are exactly the same :dwillhuh:
Americans think anyone speaking Spanish is Mexican :dwillhuh:
Most Americans can't identify Afghanistan or Iraq on a map :dwillhuh:
yes the majority of Arabs in the US are Lebanese/Syrian (who look indistinguishable from Europeans)
there aren't that many arabs in the US
in my personal experience, the ones that look like the guys in the video tend to by Egyptians or Yemenis who are increasing in number

most Muslims in the US aren't Arabs and large amount of Arab Americans aren't Muslim:ehh:
Whats really hilarious is the census counts Arabs as whites and also includes Somalians in their Arab count:ehh:

where i'm from and where i am now have a lot of Arabs but if they weren't wearing their traditional garb they'd look white
Lol

You're right

But My standard for what Americans should know wont go down with the reality

6ixSideSavage

Banned
Daps
These are all Bedouin Arabs who clearly have some black influence. Even the way they used to dress and do their hair reminds of how Cushyte nomads like the Afar, Beja and Somalis used to dress. But they would not be regarded as "Afro-Arab" in Arabia due to their lineage.

f75f1e320295202f7355dcbc595a8034.jpg

B9-UeW6CIAEYRbF.jpg

CyfYofiXUAAvfXJ.jpg:large

799910.jpg

d5dd765f2e8c7a5bbc0673967727d6b5.png
The influence was the other way around...even during the Prophet's time Arabs wore the macaawis which they called izaar.

Somalis and the Horn was always heavily influenced culturally by Southern Arabian civilizations.We still have himyarite loan words like adoon in our language :yeshrug: