Afro Arabs to you?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Nigerian for the most part, my family is spread though with some coming from Chad and Cameroon etc.

'm from a long line of Arabic speakers/Islamic scholars and we are pretty spread over the globe as well.

Is your family descendant from those Hausa city states in Northern Nigeria that had these universities?:ehh:

6ixSideSavage

Banned
Daps
Keyword. "Arabized." Meaning Arabized culture/ethnicity. I know Sudanese are not real Arabs i.e Gulf Arabs.
They are paternally Arab which makes them Arabs which is why they carry J1...horta are you slow?

Arabized Sudanese are those dark Nilotic Darfurians that speak Arabic

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They are paternally Arab which makes them Arabs which is why they carry J1...horta are you slow?

Arabized Sudanese are those dark Nilotic Darfurians that speak Arabic
And how do YOU think they obtained J1? What were Sudanese people like BEFORE the Gulf Arab migrations during the medieval era? Second Darfurians aren't even Nilotic but some other Nilo-Saharan group. The Fur people are definitely not Nilotic. Lastly the African side of Sudanese as a collective is Nilo-Saharan.

I'm not just talking about paternal ancestry but their collective history.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
Is your family descendant from those Hausa city states in Northern Nigeria that had these universities?:ehh:

I'm not Hausa, I'm Yoruba/Lagosian/'Brazilian(:troll:) but the men in my family tended to take Northern wives, my Grandma is a few things. my Great Grandma is Kanuri from Chad etc.

As for my family schooling that's a long story that I don't want to put in public, if you are actually interested PM me.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I'm not Hausa, I'm Yoruba/Lagosian/'Brazilian(:troll:) but the men in my family tended to take Northern wives, my Grandma is a few things. my Great Grandma is Kanuri from Chad etc.

As for my family schooling that's a long story that I don't want to put in public, if you are actually interested PM me.
If she is Kanuri then she must be descendant of the Kanem Empire.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

so Nigerian :patrice:?

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
And how do YOU think they obtained J1? What were Sudanese people like BEFORE the Gulf Arab migrations during the medieval era? Second Darfurians aren't even Nilotic but some other Nilo-Saharan group. The Fur people are definitely not Nilotic. Lastly the African side of Sudanese as a collective is Nilo-Saharan.

I'm not just talking about paternal ancestry but their collective history.

You know that is pretty much debatable with scholars, and me and you went back and forth from that one. What i find funny the majority of Sudanese that take the DNA test source very high "North Africans which is most likely Egyptians given our history, and East Africans, and we are genetically very distant according to the results i read about in comparison to Darfur

By measuring craniofacial features, Buzon is able to establish biological relationships and mixing between Nubians and Egyptians at Tombos

Finds reveal how ancient Egyptian and Nubian cultures blended

Unless you believe Egyptians are Nilosharan ancestry as well. Which is possible but according to DNA results today, it is not likely. At the same time things can change.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You know that is pretty much debatable with scholars, and me and you went back and forth from that one. What i find funny the majority of Sudanese that take the DNA test source very high "North Africans which is most likely Egyptians given our history, and East Africans, and we are genetically very distant according to the results i read about in comparison to Darfur

Finds reveal how ancient Egyptian and Nubian cultures blended

Unless you believe Egyptians are Nilosharan ancestry as well. Which is possible but according to DNA results today, it is not likely. At the same time things can change.

You still believe Nilo-Saharan=Nilotic. Sudanese/Upper Egyptian African side are Eastern Saharans. Yes, Nubians are Nilo-Saharan. They even SPEAK a Nilo-Saharan language today. And what DNA tests are you talking about because companies like GEDmatch and Ancestry.com do not even break down their North African component but instead is mixed with Near Eastern(which can be why Egyptians and Sudanese cluster close). I already know what you're talking about.

Hell, the Nara people who are Nilo-Saharans cluster MORE with surrounding Eritreans than they do Southern Sudanese. Not ALL Nilo-Saharan speakers cluster with one another.

Edit: I seen that video.

Last edited:

6ixSideSavage

Banned
Daps
And how do YOU think they obtained J1?
From their Arab ancestors :childplease:

What were Sudanese people like BEFORE the Gulf Arab migrations during the medieval era? Second Darfurians aren't even Nilotic but some other Nilo-Saharan group. The Fur people are definitely not Nilotic. Lastly the African side of Sudanese as a collective is Nilo-Saharan.
First of all none of these Sudanese were from the Gulf but rather from the Hijaz area...

And to to answer your question of what "Sudanese" folks were like before the Arab migrations really depends on the ethnic group they hail from.Cushtic Beja for the most part were only partly effected while the Nubians (basically Cushytes who adopted a Nilo-Saharan language) were probably already Horner-like before the Arab clans/Islam arrived

1382132536c0640nubianbishop.jpg

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
^^^I never heard of Nubian ethnic group being Cushyte like before the spread of Islam to the Sudan region. Maybe you show me. I definitely know Sudan had both (northern)Cushyte and Nilo-Saharan population interacting(remember Nilo-Saharan=/=Nilotic).

Anyways, I personally correlate the spread of J1 largely during the event when those Arabs started marrying the local Sudanese in large numbers. Which is why their paternal side is largely Near Eastern while their maternal side is largely African. That is what I meant with "Arabized population." After the Second Battle of Dongola it is known that the Arabs started settling and marrying the locals.

6ixSideSavage

Banned
Daps
^^^I never heard of Nubian ethnic group being Cushyte like before the spread of Islam to the Sudan region.
The Kerma culture were Cushtic speakers according to majority of linguists and they have also identified loan words that are of proto highland East Cushyte origin in Northern Nubian language like sheep,goat,butter,milk and many others.

cgroupmap.jpg

Maybe you show me. I definitely know Sudan had both (northern)Cushyte and Nilo-Saharan population interacting(remember Nilo-Saharan=/=Nilotic).
Cushytes were there first in fact we originated in N.Sudan/S. Egypt before leaving for the Horn except those who stayed back...Nilo-Saharans came afterwards and overwhelmed the local Cushyte population except the Beja on the harsh environment of the coast

Anyways, I personally correlate the spread of J1 largely during the event when those Arabs started marrying the local Sudanese in large numbers. Which is why their paternal side is largely Near Eastern while their maternal side is largely African. That is what I meant with "Arabized population." After the Second Battle of Dongola it is known that the Arabs started settling and marrying the locals.
The area already had Eurasian ancestry (from Cushytes then the Ancient Egyptians) which is why 20% of Sudanese Arabs carry E1b1b subclades like V12 & V32.

But I agree with you that the Battle of Dongola allowed the Arab clans to migrate and settle with local they created a massive bottleneck which destroyed the Y-DNA diversity of the area since they probably killed off as many local males as they can.

The Somali pastoralists did the same in the Horn which is why Somalis really only have two haplogroups (V32>Z813 & T-M70) when compared to the diverse lineages of other Horner ethnic groups.Patriachal pastoralists don't accept foreign men into their clans but foreign woman are accepted via marriage lol.

SOMALI MTDNA
qBZEO6L.png

Sudanese Arab MTDNA http://anthromadness.blogspot.ca/2016/10/sudanese-arab-and-nubian-mtdna-is.html?m=1