Afro-Latina Founder Of Christian Dating App Goes In On Social Media Black Men Who Imitate Women

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I agree with her on some level.

full stop.

It's also interesting seeing the pushback be less hostile and actual conversation in the comments. Imagine some black man saying the same exact point and how the "yall homophobic" stuff would be flying around.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't find this particular brand of comedy humorous, but who is she to try and legislate it? Is she going to call out Tyler Perry, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence and the numerous other big name actors who have all done the same thing in the past, or is it only because these men are small time stars on social media? Women on social media love Joan the scammer and I see his gifs and memes used almost daily, is she going to call him out or nah?
they all have been called out, implicitly and explicitly. this has been a big conversation before, black comedians dressing in drag. it's popped up time and time again, dave chappelle being one of the biggest voices to oppose it. so why even retread? she's addressing all of them, especially these social media goofs and :wrist: men running around trying to be women

Last edited:
Daps
I don't find this particular brand of comedy humorous, but who is she to try and legislate it? Is she going to call out Tyler Perry, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence and the numerous other big name actors who have all done the same thing in the past, or is it only because these men are small time stars on social media? Women on social media love Joan the scammer and I see his gifs and memes used almost daily, is she going to call him out or nah?

they all have been called out, implicitly and explicitly. this has been a big conversation before, black comedians dressing in drag. it's popped up time and time again, dave chappelle being one of the bigge voices to oppose it. so why even retread? she's addressing all of them, especially these social media goofs and :wrist: men running around trying to be women

Right and furthermore, she's calling out YouTubers cuz they control their own content! They don't have to answer to studio execs!

Last edited:

Supper

All Star
Daps
Black male in drag at this point would be the equivalent of an Asian entertainer cracking dikk or cat/dog eating jokes.

Whether there's some behind the scenes agenda being pushed from uptop or not, doesn't change the fact that it is a completely uncreative way to illicit cheap laughter using an offensive, overused, borderline racist/sexist, self-depreciating trope.

Anti-black male imaging in the form of entertainment can and is often pushed by black males themselves. That doesn't make it okay, and we should be calling them out for that.

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I agree. I've never found grown ass men imitating women to be funny which is also why I don't do Madea shyt.

Once again I'm not homo/gender/trans/other phobic, but traditional black masculinity and traditional black femininity has NEVER been positively depicted and has always been undermined.

shyt like cross dressing and gender bender stuff only further undermines traditional gender concepts especially when our formation of gender (which I believe is far healthier btw) continues to be unstable due to white attacks on the conception of it.

Edit: we just don't have room or time to fight their battles and our own.

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
how comes she didnt say this about joanne the scammer? :comeon:

Joanne-the-Scammer.jpg

You nikkas really have to break it down on how you cats FIND pics this like this?:pachaha:

No disrespect but yall be pullin out some pictures that make me

giphy.gif