AI that’s smarter than humans? Americans say a firm “no thank you.”

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Never.

It lacks intuition and insight and always will.​

why do you consider intuition and insight to be the summit of intelligence? the only path to hyper-intelligence?

even human intelligence isn't all the same. maybe we need the intuition type intelligence because we lack raw computational power.

just observe people around you. there is einstein-like intuition-intelligence (bad at math, high at reasoning) and there is newton computation-driven intelligence (low on intuition, high on rational/formal systems).

look at ben carson to see the difference.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I don't.​

why do you consider intuition and insight to be the summit of intelligence? the only path to hyper-intelligence?

even human intelligence isn't all the same. maybe we need the intuition type intelligence because we lack raw computational power.

intuition is a short cut and that does not preclude there being a non-intuitive solution the long-way-around :ufdup:

just observe people around you. there is einstein-like intuition-intelligence (bad at math, high at reasoning) and there is newton computation-driven intelligence (low on intuition, high on rational/formal systems).

look at ben carson to see the difference.

expressed another way: "some of the smartest people are incredibly stupid"

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It's also the 'smartest' it will ever be.​

:rudy:

DRDfaNk.png

NI2v9Fu.png

Med-PaLM 2 was released 4 months after Med-Palm

you do realize the goal is artificial super intelligence(ASI) which is after artificial intelligence(AGI) is achieved, right?

ASI is basically intelligence we can't even comprehend.

go check out the LLM leaderboard and see how large language models areperforming.. some of them don't even keep their rank for aa couple of days before another model is released or finetuned to perform better on evaluations.

jW8vioml.png

you know somebody probably said the same thing as you when GPT-Neo was released. :beli:

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
intuition is a short cut and that does not preclude there being a non-intuitive solution the long-way-around :ufdup:

Not according to psychologists.

:mjlol:MAYBE YOU NEED TO TELL THEM :russ:

"Intuition relies on evolutionarily older, automatic, unconscious, and fast mental processing, primarily to save our brains time or energy."

"Kahneman believes that intuitive thinking has both advantages and disadvantages: it is faster than a rational approach but more prone to error."

Screenshot-2023-09-21-at-14-34-41.png

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Prior to 2023 I hardly paid attention to A.I. I always considered it something that would concern us in the far distant future. Now I think we're legitimately on the precipice of A.I. truly distrupting human society. Its hard to pinpoint where we'll be 5 - 10 years from now.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Prior to 2023 I hardly paid attention to A.I. I always considered it something that would concern us in the far distant future. Now I think we're legitimately on the precipice of A.I. truly distrupting human society. Its hard to pinpoint where we'll be 5 - 10 years from now.
It's just a tool. It'll change our society like automobiles, airplanes, and computers did.​