AITA for not buying a birthday gift for my coworker?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I wish these clowns would tell me they assigned me somebody I don’t know to buy a birthday gift for.
From their “Wish List”, no less.

Let’s be all the way real - if you’re older than 21, nobody will truly care about your birthday but ya Mama. Not even you.
Get over yourself. Shoutout to tha Jehovah Witnesses on this tip.

This is that New School inclusion mess. Bless me for working someplace where most of us been here too long to GAF.
We got a couple young turkeys trying to kick this chit off, but they fall flat each time.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
fukked up right here, should've just said you're not participating

I did the same thing for the secret santa
This.

I don't do potlucks or gift exchanges at work. But I tell them upfront. They don't have to like it but they accept it. The problem for OP is that he didn't say no and his coworker has probably bought a gift for someone else and he is stiffing her when it's her turn.

Sometimes you don't mean to come off like an a$$hole but you do.

Daps
just got an email reminder about upcoming office holiday events including 2 different pizza parties :pachaha:

ima be out of town tho
raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.u5.jpg

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it's about principle, you should have said no from the beginning. Since you said you would buy it, standing on principle now means you should buy it.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude, sometimes you have to play the game. Get a little $10 nail kit or whatever at the drug store or on Amazon and keep it pushing.

Now your boss thinks your an a$$hole and will be taking other people’s side over yours down the line when other BS comes up. Smh
People really don’t understand that doing these small favors and showing social skills will take you way further along in your career than any skill development you will ever do.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
something something cultural fit, breh :francis:

you gotta do it else you'll have that target on your back and the moment they get a chance, they'll get rid of you.

I know you don't care about the job, but use this as practice for a job you'll eventually care about.

Gotta learn to fake the funk for coins unless you're a boss like Dame Dash :francis: