Akon: “Nick Cannon can have as many kids as he wants, I have 9! Who gives a f*ck about attending their recitals? That’s some white man sh*t!”

Is Akon right?

• Total voters

Genome

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Akon definitely a coli nikka
giphy.webp

facts :russ:

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
Akon been saying a lot of dumbass stuff lately.
Yeah shyt like this its pretty clear and obvious breh been compromised. Smh

Sadly there always gone be folks who eat this shyt up, and they damn well know it, and consider whatever type if bag they tossed him a good investment :wow:

Daps
How much money is enough to stop chasing it and spend time with your kids?

Having so many kids that you don't spend any quality time with them isn't it for me. If you have 9 kids in your household or see them regular and have millions that's a win but just sending a cheque and then seeing them very little it's not it.

Nick cannon will always sell out to continue to make any cheque because he has so many mouths to feed.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
Nothing in my post said what you’re insinuating.

My post was to poster who was talking about some African kids who grew up in the hood in the Bronx joining gangs.

And as someone with a similar experience - I can authoritatively say, that has more to do with the environment than whatever type of parenting they had.

There are certain things you understand based on experience & it’s not as simplistic as some people think it’s. And there are many things that go into raising children to give them a better chance in/at life & environment is just important as parenting.

That said, I never said I agree with Akon on thread - all I just did was explain his perspective. AND I’M NOT A FAN OF ABSENTEE DADS - if you can’t look after kids, don’t make them.

I don't think I misread your post. You said that parenting has less influence on how a child turns out than their environment. As someone who grew up in the hood with his father and had friends who didn't, I can authoritatively say that a boy having a positive role model in his life plays a damn significant role. I'm sure some of my old friends who are serving double digit bids or the one who was gunned down in a shootout wished they had a father keeping them in check growing up, as opposed to a mom that coddled their bad behavior and let them do whatever.

As far as Akon's perspective, yes money solves a lot of problems. Rich people live in better neighborhoods and have more opportunities.. But as evident with the countless rich and celebrity kids who get into trouble, have overdosed, committed suicide, or serving time from crimes, just allowing your kid to ball out with minimal presence from that authoritative male figure can lead to disaster.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a victim.

I went to private school with the children of musicians and democrat politicians.

There's kids out here getting abused by drug addict parents and getting molested in foster care..... I'm not a victim.

Stop being black and white about your viewpoints. There is a reason why Labor Laws exist in America, and its to ensure that parents can see their kids regularly. You can provide your family with the essential needs and still be there for them when your kids are growing up. Your kids don't need to be dripped in expensive Gucci and LV nonsense, and they wont be in poverty if you work 40-50 hours a week.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
How much money is enough to stop chasing it and spend time with your kids?

Having so many kids that you don't spend any quality time with them isn't it for me. If you have 9 kids in your household or see them regular and have millions that's a win but just sending a cheque and then seeing them very little it's not it.

Nick cannon will always sell out to continue to make any cheque because he has so many mouths to feed.

Nick Cannon created that financial problem, and he thinks that he is dying soon.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
It's okay though. His children will show him how they really feel one day. One thing about Black parents is they act like they have no idea why their children don't fukk with them later in life lol.

Master P and Lil Romeo going through it right now and at least P was there despite not doing right by him.

Yep. Some people do the bare minimum, and wonder why their kids grow up and hardly ever talk to them.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The hell..:mjtf:

You just described Africa and African America.

You think multiple kids, mistresses and side wives are unique to African dudes only..breh we can pull up the stats:what:

It’s not unique to African dudes but it’s accepted in a lot of societies in Africa whereas out here it’s taboo and breeds dysfunction

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
African village mindset.

Works in a village/tight community.

Doesn't work outside of that.

The the kids will turn into either fakkits, "alts" or decide to emulate what's "cool" in the culture even if it's negative or dysfunctional.

It's how you end up with BULLshyt like this

03EJJOHNSON3-jumbo.jpg