Akon: “Nick Cannon can have as many kids as he wants, I have 9! Who gives a f*ck about attending their recitals? That’s some white man sh*t!”

Is Akon right?

• Total voters

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
You’re going to find yourself in a position where your family won’t be able to help you. You will lack peace of mind. And every terrible scenario you imagine or wish upon another person will happen to you. You will die a miserable person. And will curse the day you were born.
Speaking of, I hope you teach your kids on how to forge and make a fire, their gonna need it.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
So being an active father to your children is "white man's shyt?" :mjtf:

Akon is talking gibberish.

Because as others mentioned if you actually have wealth and power most of your time is spent making it, keeping it and worrying about what your kids will do with it.

So the wealthy spend time with their kids to teach them how to manage wealth and the family business if they have one.

Which is what Asians and cacs do. Also knowledgeable Black people as well.

Because you have to make sure that your kids understand what to do from the time they're young so when they're young adults they know how to save, invest money and start new businesses and continue the family business if that's relevant.

Last edited:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of, I hope you teach your kids on how to forge and make a fire, their gonna need it.

“And every terrible scenario you imagine or wish upon another person will happen to you. You will die a miserable person. And will curse the day you were born”

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
“And every terrible scenario you imagine or wish upon another person will happen to you. You will die a miserable person. And will curse the day you were born”
Also collecting rain water and how to purify it. I remember my first cholera outbreak, it can get pretty nasty.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
These Africans be thinking they so cold and the pinnacle of masculinity :mjlol:

A lot of these fathers to African boys in the South Bronx and Harlem are starting to find out the hard way :francis:

U want mama and the mosque to raise your boys while they growing up in the projects meanwhile you only in the States a few months out the year and back in the village with your other wives and mistresses or on that workaholic tip

Seeing more and more African boys joining gangs like Makk Ballas and even making their own homegrown street gangs like ATM doing all sorts of haram even jumping their opps on Eid:mjpls:

Last edited:

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps

Listen to the GOAT tell it…:wow:

I wish Emory Tate were my father…:mjcry:

Then I’d also have the best brothers in the world and we’d be absolutely unstoppable as a trio…:mjgrin:

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th

Listen to the GOAT tell it…:wow:

I wish Emory Tate were my father…:mjcry:

Then I’d also have the best brothers in the world and we’d be absolutely unstoppable as a trio…:mjgrin:

Not a fan of Andrew Tate but he’s basically saying everything Akon said but in a more nuanced way with better articulation.

These Africans be thinking they so cold and the pinnacle of masculinity :mjlol:

A lot of these fathers to African boys in the South Bronx and Harlem are starting to find out the hard way :francis:

U want mama and the mosque to raise your boys while they growing up in the projects meanwhile you only in the States a few months out the year and back in the village with your other wives and mistresses or on that workaholic tip

Seeing more and more African boys joining gangs like Makk Ballas and even making their own homegrown street gangs like ATM doing all sorts of haram even jumping their opps on Eid:mjpls:

I don’t think this has any correlation with the topic being discussed.

Those kids in the Bronx are more of a product of their environment than whatever masculinity you’re referring to or lack thereof.

If you are raised in the slums - you have a higher percentage of being a product of what you see around you with or without your dad babysitting you all day & taking you to recitals or not. Children are very impressionable & they copy what they see around them cos it’s normalised. White or Asian kids raised in the same environment with or without the dad will mostly end up the same way. Hence it’s advisable, if you can, to move your kids away from toxic environment once they start getting to that formative stage in life.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Those kids in the Bronx are more of a product of their environment than whatever masculinity you’re referring to or lack thereof.

If you are raised in the slums - you have a higher percentage of a product of what you see around you with or without your dad babysitting all day & taking you to recitals or not. Children are very impressionable & they copy what they see around them cos it’s normalised. White or Asian kids raised in the same environment without or without the dad will mostly end up the same way. Hence it’s advisable if you can to move your kids away from toxic environment once they started getting to that formative stage in life.
A lot of kids in the hood have one thing in common absent fathers and/or broken homes.

Having a present father is vital for children I don't know how shyt is in Africa but in our society in America not having an active, involved father significantly decreases your life outcomes.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I imagine Akon does not have the tenderness many have…you see, he was locked up and they wouldn’t let him out.

I mean…inmates were getting food without him. That kind of thing changes a person.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
A lot of kids in the hood have one thing in common absent fathers and/or broken homes.

Having a present father is vital for children I don't know how shyt is in Africa but in our society in America not having an active, involved father significantly decreases your life outcomes.

I don’t care about how things is in your society or Africa - this is about your simplistic outlook about kids raised in the hood joining gangs.

If you’re raised in the gutter - there’s a very high probability that you’ll get stained regardless if your dad babysits you & go to recitals or not. Dad being in your life everyday won’t stop you from getting stained cos he’s not going to go everywhere with you once you leave the house. Hence a lot of kids from good homes raised in the hood tend to lead double lives. A different life outside & a different one inside their homes.

The hood is a wild place & the Wild Wild West where everything goes. And people that become perpetual victims will always look for protection wherever they can find one hence gangs become attractive. And this is applicable to those guys in the Bronx.

Just don’t raise your kids in the hood if you can, to give them a better chance in/at life. Do it & attending recitals most likely won’t save them.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
I don’t care about how things is in your society or Africa - this is about your simplistic outlook about kids raised in the hood joining gangs.

If you’re raised in the gutter - there’s a very high probability that you’ll get stained regardless if your dad babysits you & go to recitals or not. Dad being in your life everyday won’t stop you from getting stained cos he’s not going to go everywhere with you once you leave the house. Hence a lot of kids from good homes raised in the hood tend to lead double lives. A different life outside & a different one inside their homes.

The hood is a wild place & the Wild Wild West where everything goes. And people that become perpetual victims will always look for protection wherever they can find one hence gangs become attractive. And this is applicable to those guys in the Bronx.

Just don’t raise your kids in the hood if you can, to give them a better chance in/at life. Do it & attending recitals most likely won’t save them.

I'd have to disagree with the assertion that having a father actively involved in a kids life, IN A POSITIVE WAY, would not have a positive influence on the kid. Sure, if the dad is a gang member teaching his kid how to roll a blunt and throw up gang signs, it won't matter. But a kid in the hood having a good, honest , INVOLVED father in his life shows that kid how to emulate being a man as opposed to the local gang member. Involved means knowing who your kid hangs out with, their parents, and where they hang out, as well as his activities. It's not enough to just go to work and provide that makes a good father, it means getting to really know your kids. I gave the example earlier of the rich white kid in Cali who started hanging with some Crips and being charged with murder. Again, he had rich parents, but they had no idea who their son was with or what their son was doing. So that is not exclusive to the hood.

It seems like you are implying that you're ok with single mothers continuing to raise boys to be men in the hood. We see how that is turning out now.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
I'd have to disagree with the assertion that having a father actively involved in a kids life, IN A POSITIVE WAY, would not have a positive influence on the kid. Sure, if the dad is a gang member teaching his kid how to roll a blunt and throw up gang signs, it won't matter. But a kid in the hood having a good, honest , INVOLVED father in his life shows that kid how to emulate being a man as opposed to the local gang member. Involved means knowing who your kid hangs out with, their parents, and where they hang out, as well as his activities. It's not enough to just go to work and provide that makes a good father, it means getting to really know your kids. I gave the example earlier of the rich white kid in Cali who started hanging with some Crips and being charged with murder. Again, he had rich parents, but they had no idea who their son was with or what their son was doing. So that is not exclusive to the hood.

It seems like you are implying that you're ok with single mothers continuing to raise boys to be men in the hood. We see how that is turning out now.

Nothing in my post said what you’re insinuating.

My post was to poster who was talking about some African kids who grew up in the hood in the Bronx joining gangs.

And as someone with a similar experience - I can authoritatively say, that has more to do with the environment than whatever type of parenting they had.

There are certain things you understand based on experience & it’s not as simplistic as some people think it’s. And there are many things that go into raising children to give them a better chance in/at life & environment is just important as parenting.

That said, I never said I agree with Akon on thread - all I just did was explain his perspective. AND I’M NOT A FAN OF ABSENTEE DADS - if you can’t look after kids, don’t make them.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I will say, I understand Akon's perspective, as an African, what he's saying isn't unconventional, nor do I think it's primitive. A lot of people still do what he does, and if women are down for such situations, I don't see what the problem is.

There's no doubt in my mind Akon is a good dad, but I think in comparison, another celebrity like LeBron is probably a great dad. He does the same job Akon does but he also managed to go to his kids ball games, dance recitals, hang out with his kids etc.. despite being so busy, he always seems to have time with his kids-just going off his social media. I believe this he himself didn't have a dad, only father figures so he chooses to be the best dad he possibly can.
Also it's easier when you have one wife and three kids under the same house.

I still don't necessarily have a major problem with what Akon is saying though, it's just a different perspective. A lot of great posts in this thread.