every Eminem release
every Wayne release
every Kendrick release
every Lupe release
every Camron and friends release
every Jeezy release
every T.I. release
every Rick Ross release

To keep this from turning into a 'hater' thread, why not say "albums you used to love and think were classic, but you realize now are doo doo because you're not a stan anymore". That's more interesting.

:what:
You first said something really obvious (Random Master P Album) to mask a whole lotta reckless shyt. Classic politician technique. :smugbiden:

Just to refute a few of my favorites:

Kanye's 808 and Heartbreaks (IDGAF if its his least critically acclaimed) is one of the best rap albums of all time. Listen to that album when you're going through some shyt.

The Carter 2 and 3 still have great replay value.

Lupe's Food and Liquor didn't age well?! :gladbron:Name an album that aged better.:sas1:

Young Jeezy's Thug Motivation 101 is like the soundtrack to grind to. Great gym album too.

C'mon man. Just stop.:camby:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
:what:
You first said something really obvious (Random Master P Album) to mask a whole lotta reckless shyt. Classic politician technique. :smugbiden:

LOL. Thanks for noticing.

Just to refute a few of my favorites:

Kanye's 808 and Heartbreaks (IDGAF if its his least critically acclaimed) is one of the best rap albums of all time.

No it isn't.

Listen to that album when you're going through some shyt.

I'd rather not.

The Carter 2 and 3 still have great replay value.

yeah... if you want to reminisce about being a child. but other than that, nope.

Lupe's Food and Liquor didn't age well?! :gladbron:Name an album that aged better.:sas1:

I can list tons of them. But they probably came out before you got into rap.

Young Jeezy's Thug Motivation 101 is like the soundtrack to grind to. Great gym album too.

I don't listen to aerobics music.

C'mon man. Just stop.:camby:

9q8TOmA.gif

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
This ''didn't age well'' shyt is stupid to me. If I like an album around the time it released I should like it 10 years after it release. Most people try and force themselves to like shyt then down the road you're like ''this was wack''. Nah, some shyt you never liked in the first place. And besides certain beats, sounds and gimmicks were hot at different periods of time. I'm not gonna listen to a T-Pain album right now and be like its wack cause of auottune, since when came out autotune was in.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Any Rick Rubin produced hip hop album in the 80's (sorry just cant get into guitar riffs and sparse drum programming :yeshrug:)

The first wave of Ruff Ryder albums (excluding Ryde or Die Vol 1, and IDAHIH) (Swizz Beatz cheap sounding production doesnt hold up at all)

In fact that whole cheap keyboard sound in the late 90's/early 2000's :scusthov:

Swizz's production '98-2000 is great; you're insane.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
This ''didn't age well'' shyt is stupid to me. If I like an album around the time it released I should like it 10 years after it release. Most people try and force themselves to like shyt then down the road you're like ''this was wack''. Nah, some shyt you never liked in the first place. And besides certain beats, sounds and gimmicks were hot at different periods of time. I'm not gonna listen to a T-Pain album right now and be like its wack cause of auottune, since when came out autotune was in.

You've never looked at an old movie or TV show or listened to an old album and thought "how the fukk did I think this was good back then"?

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skits on albums. It was cool when De La first did it but during the 90's and early 00's they just got ridiculous. I was listening to an old album the other day and a skit came on I was like :scust:. I'm glad that trend is over.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I still rock with a lot of shyt that don't feel like 20-25 years old...most of the music out right now except for a handful i can't say the same about lol

phatphuck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of east coast early-mid 90s albums. call it 'rugged' or whatever you like but the heavy drums together with the bass sounds muffled as hell. i aint sayin that i dont like it tho:yeshrug: