jackson35

Banned
Daps
This is nothing new, these same type of "power men" typically think little of non- whites as well and have similar beliefs that make them hate things like affirmative action quotas. As a black man being realistic, that isn't proof systemic oppression , if anything it's indication of an old social norm. And those comments expressed publicly could lead to them getting in hot water which I do appreciate as a citizen. The thing is, it doesn't matter what he thinks, women can, and have made strides in this country, and some beyond men especially in today's world. The country's laws and policy making were not cooperating with that man's belief in women.

The fact that affirmative action laws actually work for women prove that there isn't systematic oppression at work here. And use of the quota can be used to SYSTEMATICALLY shut out straight black men through black women and gay black men.

Which plays into family destabilization, which plays into crime, which plays into private prison industries etc

Systematic.

You know, I'm not mad at the take with the True Scott Fallacy. :ehh: It's an interesting thought to keep in mind with anything relating toward others in my black experience, but it doesn't apply there.

First let's get on the same page with vocabulary.

Secondly you're using a ton of reductionism on a examples I used only to show the depth of how different they were, while intentionally missing the point of what I'm saying.

I'm saying there were speeches outright confirming the existence of the actual system of oppression when it comes to black folks, not just sexist comments.

There were documents describing the architecture of the system of oppression for black folks, not just half baked unproven social theories.

There were actual horrific events and dead bodies by people representing the law defending the system of oppression for black folks, not just jilted lovers and spree shooting victims.

The context is systemic oppression. This is the word you used. The "Patriarchy" theory is supposed to describe collusion by men in power against large numbers if not all women due to gender. Collusion against large populations being what makes it systemic.

I think black women illustrate the difference. Every black woman will tell you that their role in society is unique/tougher because they have to deal with the bullshyt from being both black (being born in an intentionally destabilized community) and being a woman (navigating through sexism in interpersonal interactions and being a target for sex crime). They are two different elements that make their experience unique.

Each present unique challenges but one she is born in and can do nothing about while being attacked by entities much bigger than her, the other being more concerning individual entities/situations like that creepy guy, the manager at work who wants to fukk, or sexist ceo.

Women were voting in some parts of the world in the 1700s. It's more social norm than systematic oppression.

Again black americans paint the difference between suffrage and dealing with systematic oppression:

Black american men were given the right to vote in the 1920's. However that right to vote was consistently impeded by policy makers with things like literacy tests, moral character tests etc.

Black american men didn't have their right to vote truly recognized until 100 years later where a law had to be made to protect it not just from individual citizens using violence, but also policy makers trying to systematically deny it to large amounts of people. And even still today it is under attack for millions of voters.

Who has done this to women's right to vote once it became national law? If it was done to black males for over 100 years after the country recognized their right to vote, why isn't patriarchy helping? Mind you black female rights suffered too for 40 of those 100 years under actual systemic oppression, but white women were fine.

I'm not.

I'm saying the theory of the patriarchy is supposed to be describing a systemic oppression on women persisting to this day that doesn't exist.

If i does prove it with systemic examples.

It does because like you said, america and the history of the world was not a in a vacuum. The context of the world at the beginning of the modern (democratic) era was that it was shifting from systems of monarchy and feudalism where men and women by and large had no rights to political process and decisions regarding country. Only the monarch or in rare cases a council.

So yes it is an example on slow amendments that reflect the changes in the ideas of on citizenship that occurred over time. Again, keep in mind that the majority of successful women's suffrage movements in separate places around the world had began to succeed within a 50 year span. What seems like the more likely explanation: Council of Patriarchs decided that around the 1880s decided to give women rights to vote OR cultural norms were changing around the world?

Literally one post ago you're saying they didn't come up with their culture in a vacuum tho dumbass :ohhh:Scroll up.

It's cool to see how my arguments and your own lack of answers got so deep under your skin you had to make a whole separate post for insults and "you must be ______" bullshyt.:ehh:

The reason I used specified that particular example is because England has the unique history of serving female monarchs (not just figureheads) who were the central power figure of the state. Elizabeth and Victoria most notably who laid the groundwork for their current political systems.

If "men are god" was the idea (it wasn't, that type of blasphemy got men killed back then) then a whole nation of men wouldn't have accepted the idea of 1 women having more power than all of them, correct?:jbhmm: It doesn't have to be as dramatic as them loving women or being gender equalists over night due to the queens but your perception sexism may not be as dramatic as you're making it seem. Especially with the words chosen to associate with it.

Anyway I provided examples and definitions and expressed myself clearly. You already conceded that feminism can't answer any questions it's own theories pose so you essentially already helps strengthen my idea that it's bullshyt. And you dedicating more effort to insulting me rather than proving the bullshyt you're insulting me over solidifies my idea that you're a pale fakkit parroting who's not acknowledging his cognitive dissonance. Good day:hubie:
if you have men passing laws that affect how women function out here on the street, then how can we say women are not oppress. women in congress can't pass laws that restrict men from doing what they have to do to survive. it' a contradiction.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
if you have men passing laws that affect how women function out here on the street, then how can we say women are not oppress. women in congress can't pass laws that restrict men from doing what they have to do to survive. it' a contradiction.
could you show me receipts in regards to black men denying black women jobs in the 60s, having black male exclusive hedge funds that lead to black male only wealth transfers that only benefited black men...and these mysterious jobs that black women couldn't get, when black women have been working alongside black men since slavery.
I need receipts for everything you speak on. Links and analysis.
Who are these BLACK MEN passing LAWS that affect how women function?
Hillary Clinton didn't make a speech about super predators that helped push through a law potentially locking up millions of black men in the 90s? That didn't happen?
Hillary Clinton wasn't the secretary of state? Hillary Clinton wasn't a senator?

Hillary Clinton was a vocal advocate of her husband’s infamous 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act (aka the “Crime Bill”) which disproportionately targeted people of color and led to the rise of the phenomenon that has come to be known as mass incarceration or, as Michelle Alexander famously dubbed it, “The New Jim Crow.” As Alexander noted in The Nation in February 2016, the Clintons and their odious Crime Bill are responsible for:

* the largest increase in federal and state prison inmates of any president in American history

* the 100-to-1 sentencing disparity for crack versus powder cocaine, which produced staggering racial injustice in sentencing and boosted funding for drug-law enforcement.

* the idea of a federal “three strikes” law

* a $30 billion crime bill that created dozens of new federal capital crimes,

* the mandating of life sentences for some three-time offenders

* authorizing more than $16 billion for state prison grants and the expansion of police forces

* African Americans constituting 80 to 90 percent of all drug offenders sent to prison, even though they’re no more likely than whites to use or sell illegal drugs.

* A 50% increase in African American incarceration by the year 2000

At the time, Hillary was traveling the country lauding the new bill as a critical piece of legislation to combat the “crime epidemic” and make America safe for middle class whites. In a blatant display of the sort of racism and white supremacy that could certainly endear her to klansmen like Quigg, Clinton referred to young black males targeted by the Crime Bill as “superpredators,” at once dehumanizing a segment of the population disproportionately impacted by Clinton’s crime policies while also justifying the obviously racist nature of the bill itself.

Daps
Reppin
Never heard of this woman before but she sounds fukked up. This whole over the top feminism garbage is nothing but a massive inferiority complex.
Alice Malsenior Walker (born February 9, 1944) is an American novelist, short story writer, poet, and activist. She wrote the novel The Color Purple (1982) for which she won the National Book Award and the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.[2][a][3] She also wrote the novels Meridian (1976) and The Third Life of Grange Copeland (1970), among other works.

Alice Walker - Wikipedia

On March 8, 2003, International Women's Day, on the eve of the Iraq War, Walker was arrested with 26 others, including fellow authors Maxine Hong Kingston and Terry Tempest Williams, at a protest outside the White House, for crossing a police line during an anti-war rally. In an interview with Democracy Now, Walker said, "I was with other women who believe that the women and children of Iraq are just as dear as the women and children in our families, and that, in fact, we are one family. And so it would have felt to me that we were going over to actually bomb ourselves." Walker wrote about the experience in her essay "We Are the Ones We Have Been Waiting For."[26]

Walker was greatly influenced by Zora Neale Hurston, and is credited with having "almost single handedly rescued Zora Neale Hurston from obscurity."[27] She called attention to Hurston's works, and helped revive the popularity and respect Hurston had received during the Harlem Renaissance. Walker was so moved by Hurston that she and another scholar arranged to have a tombstone put on her unmarked grave;[14]Walker had it inscribed "Southern Genius".[28]

Walker feminism specifically included advocacy of women of color. In 1983, Walker coined the term "womanism" to mean "Black feminism". The term was made to unite colored feminists under one term. She said, "Womanism" gives us a word of our own." [29]

In January 2009, she was one of over 50 signatories of a letter protesting the Toronto International Film Festival's "City to City" spotlight on Israeli filmmakers, and condemning Israel as an "apartheid regime."[30]

She's the OG Emeritus of Modern Black Feminism...and it should be totally reexamined, "unpacked", and then deconstructed under the analytical lens of trained professionals. These women need censure and mental help.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see you're being as vague as possible.

What or who is restricting women's survival? Specifically. Survival.

Yall use such melodramatic terms and statements then get mad a me for calling them out.

could you show me receipts in regards to black men denying black women jobs in the 60s, having black male exclusive hedge funds that lead to black male only wealth transfers that only benefited black men...and these mysterious jobs that black women couldn't get, when black women have been working alongside black men since slavery.
I need receipts for everything you speak on. Links and analysis.
Who are these BLACK MEN passing LAWS that affect how women function?
Hillary Clinton didn't make a speech about super predators that helped push through a law potentially locking up millions of black men in the 90s? That didn't happen?
Hillary Clinton wasn't the secretary of state? Hillary Clinton wasn't a senator?

Hillary Clinton was a vocal advocate of her husband’s infamous 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act (aka the “Crime Bill”) which disproportionately targeted people of color and led to the rise of the phenomenon that has come to be known as mass incarceration or, as Michelle Alexander famously dubbed it, “The New Jim Crow.” As Alexander noted in The Nation in February 2016, the Clintons and their odious Crime Bill are responsible for:

* the largest increase in federal and state prison inmates of any president in American history

* the 100-to-1 sentencing disparity for crack versus powder cocaine, which produced staggering racial injustice in sentencing and boosted funding for drug-law enforcement.

* the idea of a federal “three strikes” law

* a $30 billion crime bill that created dozens of new federal capital crimes,

* the mandating of life sentences for some three-time offenders

* authorizing more than $16 billion for state prison grants and the expansion of police forces

* African Americans constituting 80 to 90 percent of all drug offenders sent to prison, even though they’re no more likely than whites to use or sell illegal drugs.

* A 50% increase in African American incarceration by the year 2000

At the time, Hillary was traveling the country lauding the new bill as a critical piece of legislation to combat the “crime epidemic” and make America safe for middle class whites. In a blatant display of the sort of racism and white supremacy that could certainly endear her to klansmen like Quigg, Clinton referred to young black males targeted by the Crime Bill as “superpredators,” at once dehumanizing a segment of the population disproportionately impacted by Clinton’s crime policies while also justifying the obviously racist nature of the bill itself.

All I wanna know is where is the sexism equivalent of shyt like this?

Because the examples of this happening with race stretch miles long

Daps
Reppin
I see you're being as vague as possible.

What or who is restricting women's survival? Specifically. Survival.

Yall use such melodramatic terms and statements then get mad a me for calling them out.

All I wanna know is where is the sexism equivalent of shyt like this?

Because the examples of this happening with race stretch miles long
Where's the law like this for WOMEN ONLY?

Literacy test - Wikipedia

From the 1890s to the 1960s, many state governments in the Southern United States administered literacy tests to prospective voters purportedly to test their literacy in order to vote. In practice, these tests were intended to disenfranchise racial minorities. Southern state legislatures employed literacy tests as part of the voter registration process starting in the late 19th century. Literacy tests, along with poll taxes and extra-legal intimidation,[2] were used to deny suffrage to African Americans. The first formal voter literacy tests were introduced in 1890. At first, whites were generally exempted from the literacy test if they could meet alternate requirements that in practice excluded blacks, such as a grandfather clause or a finding of "good moral character."

In Lassiter v. Northampton County Board of Elections (1959), the U.S. Supreme Court held that literacy tests were not necessarily violations of Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment nor of the Fifteenth Amendment. Southern states abandoned the literacy test only when forced to do so by federal legislation in the 1960s. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 provided that literacy tests used as a qualification for voting in federal elections be administered wholly in writing and only to persons who had completed six years of formal education.

In part to curtail the use of literacy tests, Congress enacted the Voting Rights Act of 1965. The Act prohibited jurisdictions from administering literacy tests to citizens who attained a sixth-grade education in an American school in which the predominant language was Spanish, such as schools in Puerto Rico.[3] The Supreme Court upheld this provision in Katzenbach v. Morgan (1966). Although the Court had earlier held in Lassiter that literacy tests did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment,[4] in Morgan the Court held that Congress could enforce Fourteenth Amendment rights—such as the right to vote—by prohibiting conduct it deemed to interfere with such rights, even if that conduct may not be independently unconstitutional.[5][6]

A receipt showing nothing was done for 100 years. Now @jackson35 how did this affect women in a unique manner?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
@Indiglow Meta (R$G) and @Kenny West are like

Cap and Iron man outchea

tenor.gif

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Where's the law like this for WOMEN ONLY?

Literacy test - Wikipedia

From the 1890s to the 1960s, many state governments in the Southern United States administered literacy tests to prospective voters purportedly to test their literacy in order to vote. In practice, these tests were intended to disenfranchise racial minorities. Southern state legislatures employed literacy tests as part of the voter registration process starting in the late 19th century. Literacy tests, along with poll taxes and extra-legal intimidation,[2] were used to deny suffrage to African Americans. The first formal voter literacy tests were introduced in 1890. At first, whites were generally exempted from the literacy test if they could meet alternate requirements that in practice excluded blacks, such as a grandfather clause or a finding of "good moral character."

In Lassiter v. Northampton County Board of Elections (1959), the U.S. Supreme Court held that literacy tests were not necessarily violations of Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment nor of the Fifteenth Amendment. Southern states abandoned the literacy test only when forced to do so by federal legislation in the 1960s. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 provided that literacy tests used as a qualification for voting in federal elections be administered wholly in writing and only to persons who had completed six years of formal education.

In part to curtail the use of literacy tests, Congress enacted the Voting Rights Act of 1965. The Act prohibited jurisdictions from administering literacy tests to citizens who attained a sixth-grade education in an American school in which the predominant language was Spanish, such as schools in Puerto Rico.[3] The Supreme Court upheld this provision in Katzenbach v. Morgan (1966). Although the Court had earlier held in Lassiter that literacy tests did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment,[4] in Morgan the Court held that Congress could enforce Fourteenth Amendment rights—such as the right to vote—by prohibiting conduct it deemed to interfere with such rights, even if that conduct may not be independently unconstitutional.[5][6]

A receipt showing nothing was done for 100 years. Now @jackson35 how did this affect women in a unique manner?QUOTE]how many women today are allowed to pastor a church or head it? how many women are cub master for the boyscouts? how many many women are being told to stay home while men go out and make the money?how many female politicians pass laws that are detrimental to men? aren't men still trying to tell women what to do with their bodys?

Daps
Reppin
how many women today are allowed to pastor a church or head it? how many women are cub master for the boyscouts? how many many women are being told to stay home while men go out and make the money?how many female politicians pass laws that are detrimental to men? aren't men still trying to tell women what to do with their BODIES*?
Black women worked alongside Black men before, during, and after slavery.
Please show RECEIPTS.
White female republican politicians pass laws that are detrimental to black men every day.
Janet Reno, inspired by welfare recipients from Miami Housing Projects, enacted laws that are detrimental to men.
Janet Reno is a woman. Janet Reno acquitted the white officers in the murder of Arthur Mc Duffie and later on rose to prominence as the Attorney General of the USA.
How many men are Scoutmaster for the Girl Scouts? These organizations are separate for a reason.
There are hundreds of black female pastors. Some famous ones head megachurches.
THIS IS FROM THE BLACK WEALTH WEBSITE
9 Greatest Black Women Preachers | Black Economics

The Rev. PRATHIA LauraANN HALL, pastor of Mt. Sharon Baptist Church in Philadelphia, was in “a class of her own,” the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. of Chicago says, and “lies the gospel to new levels, lifting hearers simultaneously with an understanding of an awesome God that is unparalleled.” A graduate of the Freedom Movement of the ’60s and a descendent of a long line of preachers, Dr. Hall was also dean of African-American Studies and a lecturer in Christian ethics at United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio. The Rev. Charles W. Adams of Detroit says, “Better than anyone else in the pulpit of her time, she combined the best scholarship with keenly precise Biblical interpretation and passionately persUasive delivery.”

The Rev. VASHTI M. MCKENZIE, pastor of Payne Memorial AME Church in Baltimore, is described as an “electrifying speaker” who is “the epitome of eloquence and dynamic delivery.” Dr. McKenzie is the author of several books on the leadership of women in the church as well as a volume of sermons. The Rev. Otis Moss Jr. called her “an extraordinary person in gifts, skills, education and character.” Another praised her for her “regal elegance…and a majestic application of Scripture to vicissitudes, vagaries, circumstances, and situations of daily urban life.” Several of her fellow ministers said she has the gifts to become the first woman bishop in the AME church.

The Rev. CAROLYN ANN KNIGHT, assistant professor of homiletics at the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta, was cited as a “gifted, stand-up preacher” who delivers “fresh and fulfilling” sermons. Rev. Knight is the founder and president of “CAN DO!” Ministries, dedicated to youth and young adults. Dean Clarence Newsome of the Howard University School of Divinity says she has “a disciplined but creative way of marshaling eternal truths from heaven to the human heart with a quality of pulpit voice and picturesque speech that is unique to the best of the African-American religious heritage.”

The Rev. RENITA J. WEEMS associate professor of Old Testament Studies at Vanderbilt University Divinity School in Nashville, Tenn., was praised for her ability to make Scripture “come alive to town and gown” and for her “profound understanding of the pain, suffering, aspirations and hopes of African-American women.” In addition to her teaching ministry, Dr. Weems is the author of two books on women’s spirituality and wholeness. Dr. Wright said she “combines the scholarship of a Ph.D. in Old Testament and Hebrew languages with the Deep South’s wisdom of Black women who have known hard times.”

The Rev. SUZAN JOHNSON COOK, founder and senior pastor of Bronx Christian Fellowship Church, N.Y., was praised for the seamless construction and creativity of her sermons. Dr. Cook also received high marks for compassion. “She is better than anyone I know in relating the Gospel to the present-day needs of people,” a fellow minister said. Dr. Cook, who was the only minister appointed by President Clinton to the National Advisory Board on Race, is the editor or co-author of several books, including the acclaimed, Sister to Sister: Devotions For and From African-American Women. Another book, on spirituality for women in the workforce, will be released soon. She is “a superb preacher and an excellent writer,” concludes another respondent.

The Rev. ANN FARRAR LIGHTNER-FULLER, pastor of Mt. Calvary AME Church in Towson, Md., was praised for her “deliberate delivery” and her “bold, prophetic style.” Rev. Knight said Dr. Fuller is “particularly gifted in her ability to develop, organize and deliver sermons.” The author of two books, including Desperate People: Sermons for Times Like These, a compilation of some of her sermons, she was praised for “her ability to unlock the meaning of Scripture as applied to daily life. . . layer by layer until you see the heart of the matter.” Dr. Hall said “her sermons inspire and challenge and are delivered with great power.”

The Rev. DELORES H. CARPENTER, senior pastor of Michigan Park Christian Church in Washington, D.C., was cited for powerful preaching with unparalleled spiritual fervor. A professor of religious education at Howard University’s Divinity School who has been preaching since she was 16 years old, she is also the general editor of the African Heritage Hymnal, scheduled for publication in 1998. Dr. Newsome said she has an “electrifying elegance that brings hope and assurance to those wounded and dark places in the soul in need of healing and light.” Another fellow minister said that her sermons, although scholarly, have the singular gift of presenting the Gospel in the language of “working-class people.”

The Rev. CLAUDETTE A. COPELAND, pastor and co-founder of the New Creation Christian Fellowship in San Antonio, Texas, is a “triple threat” says the Rev. Wyatt T. Walker–“She can preach, teach, and sing.” A specialist in the ministry of grief and loss, Dr. Copeland was praised for her oratory and story-telling, for the profound “textual integrity and deliver” of her sermons, and for her ability to “inspire personal transformation” through preaching. An author, she most recently published an essay in the African-American Devotional Bible. Dr. Copeland, a fellow minister, said, she “combines the best of the academic world with the best of the Pentecostal world.”

The Rev. JACQUELINE E. McCULLOUGH, associate pastor at the Elim International Fellowship Church in Brooklyn, N.Y., was called a “powerful Pentecostal” whose “spirit-filled messages speak to the experiences of African-American females and males” and “provides solace, comfort and release.” A religious scholar said the evangelist has “a way of organizing sermonic material to fit a dramatic application of the text to individual pain and hurt”, Rev. McCullough is also the president and CEO of Daughters of Rizpah, a nonprofit evangelistic outreach ministry, and the owner of a Christian bookstore, Biblion–The Family Bookstore, in Brooklyn. The Rev. YVONNE DELK, the first African-American woman ordained by the United Church of Christ, was cited for preaching that is “a bold, courageous, explicit articulation of the Gospel.” Dr. Delk is executive director of the Community Renewal Society, a Chicago-based mission agency related to the United Church of Christ. The author and essayist has taught and lectured in over 100 countries on all seven continents, preaching, according to respondents, with insightfulness, clarity and persuasion, and inspiring a “daring, aggressive expression of the Christian faith.”

HERE YOU GO.
Why do you keep up debate with people when you're misinformed and not even smart enough to spell words correctly in the only language you know?

AkilinaArina

All Star
Daps
Do you think this requires some reexamination in regards to your conflation of 3 conflicting ideals?:ohhh:
If the well is poisoned, chances are, the ideology stemming from it is, too. If the daughter emphasized feminism in her personal account, I don't think it makes any difference to HER, whether or not you continue to adhere to an ideology her mother supports. It's just wild that system is more important to you than your "sista's" message. The 3rd ideological concept you brought up is the main one that you should be "unpacking", so to speak...since a pioneer of it, a revered stateswoman, some would even call her an INVENTOR of womanism, is being exposed for being a neglectful child abuser and bad mother...Indirectly contributing to the stunted development and trauma of another woman, a woman she was directly responsible for raising. This behavior isn't rare in her "community".
I noticed nobody responded to my related statement describing the strange amount of child abuse, neglect, and rape that occurs in households with no male present, as in Alice Walker's case. Nobody responded because nobody cares.
:mjcry:
I didn't re-examine being pro black when I found out one of my favorite leaders of the black panther party was a rapist, who raped black women, got bored and then raped white women in order to feel liberated/free. He (Eldridge Cleaver) admitted to this act in his own book. He also beat the daylights out of Kathleen cleaver and later on in life became a republican and married a white lady. He had great think pieces on white supremacy and black liberation but the way he practiced it in his own life was loony though being one of the pioneers of the black power movement. Should I also renounce being for black liberation then because by your own logic that must mean the ideology is tainted and needs unpacking. People are people outside of an ideology, to me these things are something to live by in order to receive equity but to other people yes even some pioneers they use these ideologies to justify their own self hate. When examining the black power movement, panafricanism and feminism/womanism you will find out things so disgusting that sometimes it will make you feel discouraged but those are the people of the movement and not the movement itself.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Black women worked alongside Black men before, during, and after slavery.
Please show RECEIPTS.
White female republican politicians pass laws that are detrimental to black men every day.
Janet Reno, inspired by welfare recipients from Miami Housing Projects, enacted laws that are detrimental to men.
Janet Reno is a woman. Janet Reno acquitted the white officers in the murder of Arthur Mc Duffie and later on rose to prominence as the Attorney General of the USA.
How many men are Scoutmaster for the Girl Scouts? These organizations are separate for a reason.
There are hundreds of black female pastors. Some famous ones head megachurches.
THIS IS FROM THE BLACK WEALTH WEBSITE
9 Greatest Black Women Preachers | Black Economics

The Rev. PRATHIA LauraANN HALL, pastor of Mt. Sharon Baptist Church in Philadelphia, was in “a class of her own,” the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. of Chicago says, and “lies the gospel to new levels, lifting hearers simultaneously with an understanding of an awesome God that is unparalleled.” A graduate of the Freedom Movement of the ’60s and a descendent of a long line of preachers, Dr. Hall was also dean of African-American Studies and a lecturer in Christian ethics at United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio. The Rev. Charles W. Adams of Detroit says, “Better than anyone else in the pulpit of her time, she combined the best scholarship with keenly precise Biblical interpretation and passionately persUasive delivery.”

The Rev. VASHTI M. MCKENZIE, pastor of Payne Memorial AME Church in Baltimore, is described as an “electrifying speaker” who is “the epitome of eloquence and dynamic delivery.” Dr. McKenzie is the author of several books on the leadership of women in the church as well as a volume of sermons. The Rev. Otis Moss Jr. called her “an extraordinary person in gifts, skills, education and character.” Another praised her for her “regal elegance…and a majestic application of Scripture to vicissitudes, vagaries, circumstances, and situations of daily urban life.” Several of her fellow ministers said she has the gifts to become the first woman bishop in the AME church.

The Rev. CAROLYN ANN KNIGHT, assistant professor of homiletics at the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta, was cited as a “gifted, stand-up preacher” who delivers “fresh and fulfilling” sermons. Rev. Knight is the founder and president of “CAN DO!” Ministries, dedicated to youth and young adults. Dean Clarence Newsome of the Howard University School of Divinity says she has “a disciplined but creative way of marshaling eternal truths from heaven to the human heart with a quality of pulpit voice and picturesque speech that is unique to the best of the African-American religious heritage.”

The Rev. RENITA J. WEEMS associate professor of Old Testament Studies at Vanderbilt University Divinity School in Nashville, Tenn., was praised for her ability to make Scripture “come alive to town and gown” and for her “profound understanding of the pain, suffering, aspirations and hopes of African-American women.” In addition to her teaching ministry, Dr. Weems is the author of two books on women’s spirituality and wholeness. Dr. Wright said she “combines the scholarship of a Ph.D. in Old Testament and Hebrew languages with the Deep South’s wisdom of Black women who have known hard times.”

The Rev. SUZAN JOHNSON COOK, founder and senior pastor of Bronx Christian Fellowship Church, N.Y., was praised for the seamless construction and creativity of her sermons. Dr. Cook also received high marks for compassion. “She is better than anyone I know in relating the Gospel to the present-day needs of people,” a fellow minister said. Dr. Cook, who was the only minister appointed by President Clinton to the National Advisory Board on Race, is the editor or co-author of several books, including the acclaimed, Sister to Sister: Devotions For and From African-American Women. Another book, on spirituality for women in the workforce, will be released soon. She is “a superb preacher and an excellent writer,” concludes another respondent.

The Rev. ANN FARRAR LIGHTNER-FULLER, pastor of Mt. Calvary AME Church in Towson, Md., was praised for her “deliberate delivery” and her “bold, prophetic style.” Rev. Knight said Dr. Fuller is “particularly gifted in her ability to develop, organize and deliver sermons.” The author of two books, including Desperate People: Sermons for Times Like These, a compilation of some of her sermons, she was praised for “her ability to unlock the meaning of Scripture as applied to daily life. . . layer by layer until you see the heart of the matter.” Dr. Hall said “her sermons inspire and challenge and are delivered with great power.”

The Rev. DELORES H. CARPENTER, senior pastor of Michigan Park Christian Church in Washington, D.C., was cited for powerful preaching with unparalleled spiritual fervor. A professor of religious education at Howard University’s Divinity School who has been preaching since she was 16 years old, she is also the general editor of the African Heritage Hymnal, scheduled for publication in 1998. Dr. Newsome said she has an “electrifying elegance that brings hope and assurance to those wounded and dark places in the soul in need of healing and light.” Another fellow minister said that her sermons, although scholarly, have the singular gift of presenting the Gospel in the language of “working-class people.”

The Rev. CLAUDETTE A. COPELAND, pastor and co-founder of the New Creation Christian Fellowship in San Antonio, Texas, is a “triple threat” says the Rev. Wyatt T. Walker–“She can preach, teach, and sing.” A specialist in the ministry of grief and loss, Dr. Copeland was praised for her oratory and story-telling, for the profound “textual integrity and deliver” of her sermons, and for her ability to “inspire personal transformation” through preaching. An author, she most recently published an essay in the African-American Devotional Bible. Dr. Copeland, a fellow minister, said, she “combines the best of the academic world with the best of the Pentecostal world.”

The Rev. JACQUELINE E. McCULLOUGH, associate pastor at the Elim International Fellowship Church in Brooklyn, N.Y., was called a “powerful Pentecostal” whose “spirit-filled messages speak to the experiences of African-American females and males” and “provides solace, comfort and release.” A religious scholar said the evangelist has “a way of organizing sermonic material to fit a dramatic application of the text to individual pain and hurt”, Rev. McCullough is also the president and CEO of Daughters of Rizpah, a nonprofit evangelistic outreach ministry, and the owner of a Christian bookstore, Biblion–The Family Bookstore, in Brooklyn. The Rev. YVONNE DELK, the first African-American woman ordained by the United Church of Christ, was cited for preaching that is “a bold, courageous, explicit articulation of the Gospel.” Dr. Delk is executive director of the Community Renewal Society, a Chicago-based mission agency related to the United Church of Christ. The author and essayist has taught and lectured in over 100 countries on all seven continents, preaching, according to respondents, with insightfulness, clarity and persuasion, and inspiring a “daring, aggressive expression of the Christian faith.”

HERE YOU GO.
Why do you keep up debate with people when you're misinformed and not even smart enough to spell words correctly in the only language you know?
lets address what you have type so far.A can any of these women make descion without the consent of a male or a male collective? janet reno has a male she has to answer to. these female pastor have male board they have to answer to. during slavery, did the brother follow the women or did women follow black men in whatever they decide with no input from the woman? notice most of the holidays the country honor are men. most of the reading material suggest in school are written by men. let face it women have to face the big o every day

Daps
Reppin
lets address what you have type so far.A can any of these women make descion without the consent of a male or a male collective? janet reno has a male she has to answer to. these female pastor have male board they have to answer to. during slavery, did the brother follow the women or did women follow black men in whatever they decide with no input from the woman? notice most of the holidays the country honor are men. most of the reading material suggest in school are written by men. let face it women have to face the big o every day
Nah, provide your receipts or you're getting negged and ignored.
You keep jumping from subject to subject being vague, not providing proof, not acknowledging the facts, not acknowledging data.
Swinging at nothing, trying to make a point that has been dissected and thrown back at you.
There is no MALE COLLECTIVE. Males aren't COLLECTIVIST. We're not biologically wired that way.
Show me EVIDENCE OF A MALE COLLECTIVE EFFORT ON BLACK MEN'S PART...TO OPPRESS BLACK WOMEN...and show me how successful it is.
Otherwise, you're grasping at air.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Nah, provide your receipts or you're getting negged and ignored.
You keep jumping from subject to subject being vague, not providing proof, not acknowledging the facts, not acknowledging data.
Swinging at nothing, trying to make a point that has been dissected and thrown back at you.
There is no MALE COLLECTIVE. Males aren't COLLECTIVIST. We're not biologically wired that way.
Show me EVIDENCE OF A MALE COLLECTIVE EFFORT ON BLACK MEN'S PART...TO OPPRESS BLACK WOMEN...and show me how successful it is.
Otherwise, you're grasping at air.
when you start resorting to negging or threatening to ignore says a whole lot. your telling me as intelligent as you are, you don't believe there there was sexism in the black liberation movement????

Daps
Reppin
when you start resorting to negging or threatening to ignore says a whole lot. your telling me as intelligent as you are, you don't believe there there was sexism in the black liberation movement????
Show me the receipts, fam.
It's YOU'RE.
I'm not going off conjecture. Proof or nothing. You're a waste of data right now.