"Always Forward" - Official Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 2 Thread

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah I didn’t see that at all. Mariah said it later on but that’s not the vibe I picked up on.
Shades said that they had to do stuff in prison that people on the outside would never understand. And then later on when he
killed Comanche he told him that he loved him right before he shot him in the head.
It seems like that's what they were implying

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Shades said that they had to do stuff in prison that people on the outside would never understand. And then later on when he
killed Comanche he told him that he loved him right before he shot him in the head.
It seems like that's what they were implying

I mean...you don’t love your close friends? shyt I love my best friend and I’m his daughters god dad. But we aren’t fukking :russ:

Dudes can’t be friends and say they love each other without them being lovers now?

Not saying they weren’t a thing but him saying he loved him isn’t the icing on the cake for me. *shrug*

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah I didn’t see that at all. Mariah said it later on but that’s not the vibe I picked up on.
How'd you miss that they were talking about being lovers in jail? Comanche laid all that shyt out in that conversation. And then Shades talking about the difference between jail and the outside and how you do things in jail to maintain humanity or some such stuff.

And this was not a good season of TV. I don't know what it is with these Netflix Marvel shows and the 2nd Season Curse because Daredevil S01 was good and S02 was trash.
Jessica Jones S01 was good but I can't even get through S02.
And now Luke Cage goes from a great S01 to this mediocre as fukk S02. If it wasn't for Alfre Woodard acting her ass off I might have given up on this and just not even finished it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How'd you miss that they were talking about being lovers in jail? Comanche laid all that shyt out in that conversation. And then Shades talking about the difference between jail and the outside and how you do things in jail to maintain humanity or some such stuff.

Okay well that makes more sense. Now I’m with it. I missed some of that shyt because a lot of the dialogue on some eps flew in one ear and out the other because some of the scenes were just too long and uninteresting. Another issue with their 13 episode format.

They’ve got great actors and gotta use them but gotta cut back on that shyt

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Okay well that makes more sense. Now I’m with it. I missed some of that shyt because a lot of the dialogue on some eps flew in one ear and out the other because some of the scenes were just too long and uninteresting. Another issue with their 13 episode format.

They’ve got great actors and gotta use them but gotta cut back on that shyt
I don't think any of these Marvel shows needed to be more than 8 episodes. Hell some of them could have been 5 and that would have been more than enough.