"Always Forward" - Official Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 2 Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching the 2nd season and overall enjoyed it :ehh:. The series definitely gets better as it goes along, the beginning had a lot of repetitive scenes and nothing really gripping but as they add layers to the characters and throw in some twists it keeps things entertaining.

Really liked the character of Bushmaster and his backstory and hatred for the Stokes family. At first him correcting everyone about Mariah's name :ufdup:was :skip:, but by the end of the season you fully understand his hatred :demonic:. His fighting style was dope too.

This season was really as much about Mariah and her journey as it was about Luke. I could have done with less scenes with her cuddled up with Shades at the club :huhldup:, but Alfre Woodard is a really good actress and they give her some moments to shine. Anytime she gets to be funny is great and her antagonizing Misty or Luke was :lolbron:.

Piranha had some funny moments and even Cockroach. When he told his girl "We letting cops in here now, bytch you in time out" :dead:

The women on the show continue to be :whew:. Misty, Nandi, Tilda, Billie, Claire :sadcam:

The way the season ended had me :ohhh:. I mostly agreed with Luke, what do they want him to do :gucci:.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cant believe the way shades went,
first season dude was a stone cold killer this season hes a emo simp

Yeah I’m on the last couple of episodes. It just seems completely out of character. The guy viewed “the game” as business. Now he’s all emotional? C’mon man.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just finished watching the 2nd season and overall enjoyed it :ehh:. The series definitely gets better as it goes along, the beginning had a lot of repetitive scenes and nothing really gripping but as they add layers to the characters and throw in some twists it keeps things entertaining.

Really liked the character of Bushmaster and his backstory and hatred for the Stokes family. At first him correcting everyone about Mariah's name :ufdup:was :skip:, but by the end of the season you fully understand his hatred :demonic:. His fighting style was dope too.

This season was really as much about Mariah and her journey as it was about Luke. I could have done with less scenes with her cuddled up with Shades at the club :huhldup:, but Alfre Woodard is a really good actress and they give her some moments to shine. Anytime she gets to be funny is great and her antagonizing Misty or Luke was :lolbron:.

Piranha had some funny moments and even Cockroach. When he told his girl "We letting cops in here now, bytch you in time out" :dead:

The women on the show continue to be :whew:. Misty, Nandi, Tilda, Billie, Claire :sadcam:

The way the season ended had me :ohhh:. I mostly agreed with Luke, what do they want him to do :gucci:.
Knowing that that's Misty husband makes those scenes funnier :lolbron:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Decided to give this season another chance and kept watching.

Eps 1-4:russell:
5-9:damn:
10-13:ehh:

The writing/dialog really tightened up and the performances improved. Bushmaster was great unlike Diamondback who was straight cartoonish. Skipped Iron Fist and Defenders but Danny Rand was dope here. Shades took the L of a lifetime:mjlol:. Annabella Sciorra is 58 and still had me:noah:. Tilda:takedat:

:ohlawd:
giphy.gif
nicca are u actually korey from double toasted or do u just so happen to have the exact same opinions as him :mjlol: damn near word for word of his review :russ:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nicca are u actually korey from double toasted or do u just so happen to have the exact same opinions as him :mjlol: damn near word for word of his review :russ:

Didn't get through their review because Martin dropped two spoilers:martin:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I swear yall think jai white should every black superhero.:russ:
:dead:

They want this nikka to be Blade, Spawn, Luke Cage, Black Panther. wtf:pachaha:
nikka is 50 years old so he cant fight like that anymore and he could never act. Wesley Snipes is only a few years older than him, might as well use him if you're were going to cast an :flabbynsick:martial arts actor.

Last edited: