"Always Forward" - Official Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 2 Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I just got done finishing the season. Like another poster said, this season somehow seemed both entertaining and boring simultaneously. Like the season was just entertaining enough to get me to watch the whole thing and not drop it. This is the longest it's ever taken me to get through a season of a Netflix show that I was anticipating. I never watched any eps back to back, cuz after watching a ep I never felt compelled to immediately watch the next one. Don't get me wrong. There were moments that I liked a lot, but just the season as a whole just wasn't that great.

:mjlol: every time Bushmaster insisted on people calling Mariah Stokes.

Random person: Mariah Dillard....

Bushmater: Stokes.....:ufdup:

Yea anytime they tried to have a “ moment “ I was like:stopitslime::yawn: get on with it. His pop (rip) was too preachy, Claire was overstepping and acting like he was in the wrong. I’m like mind your damn business. Mariah was too cold to be sympathetic and I couldn’t take all them scenes with her old ass trying to be sexy. I’m like cut it out you are 60 out here acting like a IG thot.

Decided to give this season another chance and kept watching.

Eps 1-4:russell:
5-9:damn:
10-13:ehh:

The writing/dialog really tightened up and the performances improved. Bushmaster was great unlike Diamondback who was straight cartoonish. Skipped Iron Fist and Defenders but Danny Rand was dope here. Shades took the L of a lifetime:mjlol:. Annabella Sciorra is 58 and still had me:noah:. Tilda:takedat:

:ohlawd:
giphy.gif

They dialed it back with Danny. He was more chill and light hearted. They really fukked up by making him this entitled brat in iron fist, I still don’t want a season 2 of that shyt.

This season has been better than season one. Marvel needed this, they were losing the audience after Wack ass IF, barely average defenders and boring ass JJ season 2

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
IF YOU LIKE THIS IRON FIST YOU MUST ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HIS WACKNESS IN IF1/DEFENDERS WAS BUILDING UP TO THIS.
I like his Defenders scenes with Luke Cage as well. The fight scenes with them together are always good. And their banter together seems to be a good balance. Like i said they just fukked up and gave a side kick his own series. People would be hating on Falcon if he was starring in his own movie too.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
A nice improvement over last season I like where they headed with Luke as the owner of the club kinda reminds me of Daredevil becoming Kingpin of Hells Kitchen. Bushmaster was a great character the only problem I had was I felt his exit was a little fumbled hopefully he comes back season 3. Alfre Woodard and Theo Rossi were really strong as the two villains both had a good amount of development and moments throughout the season.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Wait what???? I watched the whole series

I must have missed that scene

I thought they was just boys that go way back :wtf:

When Shades and Comanche where in the barbershop sitting down and talking you can tell they were sexually intimate in prison. They didn’t say it explicitly but you can tell they had sex with each other.

shades-comanche-luke-cage-season-2.jpg

Can’t find the video but this was the moment.

Daps
When Shades and Comanche where in the barbershop sitting down and talking you can tell they were sexually intimate in prison. They didn’t say it explicitly but you can tell they had sex with each other.

shades-comanche-luke-cage-season-2.jpg

Can’t find the video but this was the moment.

Nah breh. I remember that scene and that's not what I got from that :dame: