"Always Forward" - Official Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 2 Thread

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Everybody complaining about the Jamaican Patois but I think its dumbed down simply so you can understand what they're saying. Patois can get deep as f*ck and damn near another language at times. If they went all in on it they'd have to use subtitles cause the majority wouldn't be able to understand that shyt.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I just got done finishing the season. Like another poster said, this season somehow seemed both entertaining and boring simultaneously. Like the season was just entertaining enough to get me to watch the whole thing and not drop it. This is the longest it's ever taken me to get through a season of a Netflix show that I was anticipating. I never watched any eps back to back, cuz after watching a ep I never felt compelled to immediately watch the next one. Don't get me wrong. There were moments that I liked a lot, but just the season as a whole just wasn't that great.

:mjlol: every time Bushmaster insisted on people calling Mariah Stokes.

Random person: Mariah Dillard....

Bushmater: Stokes.....:ufdup:
This season is so far better than the first but really there's only like 6 episodes worth of material stretched out into 13 episodes. This is starting to become a trend with Netflix/Marvel shows

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Yea anytime they tried to have a “ moment “ I was like:stopitslime::yawn: get on with it. His pop (rip) was too preachy, Claire was overstepping and acting like he was in the wrong. I’m like mind your damn business. Mariah was too cold to be sympathetic and I couldn’t take all them scenes with her old ass trying to be sexy. I’m like cut it out you are 60 out here acting like a IG thot.

They dialed it back with Danny. He was more chill and light hearted. They really fukked up by making him this entitled brat in iron fist, I still don’t want a season 2 of that shyt

This season has been better than season one. Marvel needed this, they were losing the audience after Wack ass IF, barely average defenders and boring ass JJ season 2

Hell no they fukked up on the fight scenes, how is into the badlands going to have better scenes they need to take note and learn.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I know what I will say. Bushmaster had WAY more motive to be ruthless than Killmonger. And he STILL was a more compassionate and focused cat than him. I'm leaning towards agreeing with u.
What makes you say he had WAY more motive? Just curious. The compassionate and focused part I agree with.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Just watched the first ep.

Simone Missick's acting is my favorite part of the show.

That and the writing/script.

The actual execution of the dialogue is unnatural, and the actors don't fit the characters they're written for, including Luke cage. Daredevil Season 1 is the only thing that got execution and casting perfect.

The unnatural overdramatic patois is killing me :pachaha:

And Mariah/Shades' relationship doesn't feel believable :skip:

The writers of Marvel netflix shows know these characters way better than the showrunners and directors do, and it's glaring.

Yea Mariah character was off to me, they had that chick acting like a younger girl all that forced sexual tension she was doing didn’t feel right. It was like watching my mom trying to be sexy again. She didn’t give off the milf vibes they wanted from that character, it was uncomfortable.

Also I think Mariah left Luke the club to piss her daughter off in hopes she has some resentment towards him and possibly take over the real family business in order to get that club back. I can’t believe he was dumb enough to take it.

Daps
so I'm the only person that thought Mariah was sexy as hell???? :dahell:

this season got me looking at Alfre Woodard like :shaq::mjlit: I know it's just a show, but do you really like younger men, ma?

chic came off sexy as hell. She was throwing that gilf p*ssy at everybody

if she threw it at me, I can't lie. I'd smash and tell my boys about it :wow:

but I like older women already tho :yeshrug:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Everybody complaining about the Jamaican Patois but I think its dumbed down simply so you can understand what they're saying. Patois can get deep as f*ck and damn near another language at times. If they went all in on it they'd have to use subtitles cause the majority wouldn't be able to understand that shyt.
Nah it's not dumbed down ....those dudes are not Jamaican so that shyt sounds terrible as fukk

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm only on episode 7, but the "problem" with Mariah's character and the way she's acting as opposed to the excellent ass character she was the 2nd half of season one....

1. She's in WAY over her head. She can be ruthless but she not built for that shyt. Plus she's trying to balance her political life with that gangsta shyt

2. She's drunk 90% of the time cause of point 1.

3. She got an ultra competent/confident younger dude sniffing her cooch. Everybody on the show looking at it the way y'all looking at it (:gucci:).

so yeah. She's unravelling. Her character's fine. :yeshrug:

Shades, though? Iono what to say, yo :francis: (no, I don't care him and commanche was down for that prostate action).

Though I'm hoping Wilson Fisk recruit this dude and make him 2nd in command or some shyt.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I agree. I grew up in New York. I can’t help but have an ear for authenticity considering how well I know the difference between each Islanders accent.
shyt wasnt that bad for me
And i am jamaican
And i doubt ANY of you can understand a fukkin word my father says
Any
Of
You