Am I'm the only one that can't get excited for football?

Are you not excited for football just like me?

• No, I'm not excied either

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Yes, it's just you

Votes: 39 62.9%

• Total voters

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll say this.

Last year I was very excited heading into the season, but last season was probably the worst I've ever watched since I've been a fan. It felt like there were only 5 or 6 teams worth watching and when you combine that with the heavy amount of commercials, if you do the math leads to a lot of uninteresting/boring games. And as a result, that's rubbed off onto this season. I can't recall the last time I've been this disinterested leading up to opening week.

I'm still gonna give it a shot and hopefully this season produces a better product.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
No you're not @9th Street I wanna see some college football especially this coming weekend but I know Alabama's gonna take over at some point. And all the focus will be on the SEC and I'm not a big fan of the NFL. What I'm waiting for and excited about is that NBA season that's coming.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
The bolded plus how shytty NFL players are treated/their weak position against the league, tissue paper contracts, and goddell's conservative facist reign has really turned me off from the sport. Add in the coli converting me to more of a NBA fan (hadn't fukked with the nba heavy since 02/03) I'm very :ld: about football this year.

Edit: I'm close to giving up fantasy football. I have one league I've been in for a decade so it's habit for that one. But I dropped all my others and won't join any new ones.
yeah the nfl is too closely tied to conservative politics for my tastes. it's one of those things where you can almost tell how people vote like nascar and country music. but what makes the NFL worse than those is that the performers are largely black. :francis:

tagliabue. :to:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
The peak for me has definitely become wild card and divisional Rd football to see who's on the rise or the come up. The excessive coverage on a Wednesday for minor things kills it for me as well. No other sport could benefit from "less is more" than NFL.

I have no intentions to be that invested this year. I'll watch lions and raydahs from afar but I'm definitely not prioritizing my Sundays for the NFL this year.
That Pistons resurgence probably helping you too:wow:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The older I get the less into sports I become, moreso because I got my own shyt going on and I'm busy living my own life (and posting on The Coli).

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
yeah the nfl is too closely tied to conservative politics for my tastes. it's one of those things where you can almost tell how people vote like nascar and country music. but what makes the NFL worse than those is that the performers are largely black. :francis:

tagliabue. :to:
Y'all brehs on here kill me with this reasoning :martin:

Like Donald Sterling wasn't an NBA owner and there aren't a shyt ton of other owners and GMs that think just like him:comeon:

Like white males are not the biggest demographic that watches and spends money on the NBA:comeon:

Just cause the NFL is the most popular doesn't make the NBA the Black leaugue.