America has fallen out of love with the suburbs

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Exburbs are starting to get popular in Dallas after the suburbs started getting too colored. :mjpls:
It just isn’t Dallas. The exurbs around here are going through a renaissance too. I work out in what seems like a million miles away from home. Where people burst into prayer at the weirdest times while complaining that the suburbs have changed for the worse.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
WNFulGF.png
Chances are slim that government removes itself or reduces its intervention into the housing market, so brace for an even more fukked up situation long term.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Saving up that down payment with that type of rent is crazy.

Not if you make the money too or not if you simply decided to focus on buying a house in the suburbs. He said people that live in the city can't afford to stay in the suburbs, which is obviously a false assumption. I would damn near say it's the other way around.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't call me a gentrifier when I been living in this city since the late 70's when I was born. Been here all my life breh... when Harlem was a shyt hole and the city was selling brownstones for $1 dollar. When down town Brooklyn on Fulton street was crawling with decepticons.... This my city breh, why the fukk would I leave?

i dont blame you. i'm was kinda joking...lot of people oftentimes dont realize that gentrification doesn't require some sort of malicious motivation.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
To be fair, I’m probably directly responsible for some of the gentrification taking place in my neighborhood in Pilsen, Chicago.

What’s wild though, is that black people I’ve noticed are partly responsible for it. It’s a historically Mexican, working class community that’s been seeing higher rents and new condo developments at a rapid pace. A lot of the upwardly mobile young black professionals are starting to move to Pilsen and Bronzeville due to it’s proximity to downtown Chicago.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yea what theyre not saying that people are moving to the city and living with multiple roommates.

That's a terrible standard of living, for a first world country. All for a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich at 3am on some :flabbynsick: diet.

Not to mention the commutes become insane with commutes lasting 3-4 hours PER DAY. Thats not stable in this economy.