America pledges $629 million in aid to drought-ridden Africa

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I agree and think its always important to aid other countries but Trump on the campaign bytched about U.S. helping other countries while supposedly ignoring our own issues. And his voters supported him because of that rhetoric.
Hard right voters are no different than hard left voters. they will blindly support anything "their side" does/says.

It's one of my biggest issues with ppl just picking sides and not worrying about issues.

Trump is (maybe?) starting to come around to realize that being a president is more than just telling ppl what to do and how to do it, there is plenty of compromise and negotiation and there are plenty of ways to get what you want. sometimes it's stepping back on something (like giving aid when needed) and looking at the bigger picture.

Regardless, there are ppl here and aroud the world that need help, and if he's willing to give any help then at least it's a step in the right direction.

however, I have a bigger problem with WHO they are giving the money to.

edit: :whoa: and I don't mean the countries, I mean the shytty organization that will be "doing the ground work" (the UN)

Last edited:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I agree and think its always important to aid other countries but Trump on the campaign bytched about U.S. helping other countries while supposedly ignoring our own issues. And his voters supported him because of that rhetoric.
well the supporters that supported him on those issues were just feeding in to the ignorant and limited worldview that Trump has shown.

I think most of us can agree that putting more aid in to our own countries is important, and necessary. But I think most rational ppl also understand that there are others in the world that need help as well. And when you are a rich country that (likely) takes advantage of those resources, and ppl in those other countries you should be obligated to help out.

and I'm gonna put this nicely, but many ppl are just super fukking ignorant with what happens OUTSIDE america. when ppl from outside the states look at Americans they aren't looked at as some worldy bunch.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Trump is (maybe?) starting to come around to realize that being a president is more than just telling ppl what to do and how to do it
:rudy: Trump hasn't even realized he's creating majority of his own problems by opening his big mouth. Face it, he's a moron at being President.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trump: Here's reparations for slavery

TheColi (higher learning):
giphy.gif
Negged. If you're going to be funny, BE FUNNY. fukk outta here with that disingenuous shyt.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Impossible! He's a racist!

@YaThreadFloppedB!

No disrespect OP, just saying it's gonna be crickets in here cuz things like this are conveniently overlooked by the rabid Trump haters.
He gave racists a voice no one wanted to hear but them. He empowers worthless ass Cacs in today's society to feel like their whiteness is a excuse to be lazy unproductive bytches. He's basically a coke head whose day to day feelings on issues sways.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I'll believe it when I see it.

Shame we cant get clean water in Flint, or rebuild our crumbling infrastructure w/o trying to privatize it.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
He gave racists a voice no one wanted to hear but them. He empowers worthless ass Cacs in today's society to feel like their whiteness is a excuse to be lazy unproductive bytches. He's basically a coke head whose day to day feelings on issues sways.
what racists did he give a voice to? who did he empower?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:francis:If Clinton did it, there'd be some kind of conspiracy theory about how this money is going toward secret pedo operations.
Bill Gates does it

Hov does it

Buffett does it

But for some reason OP chose to make a thread specifically about Trump doing it despite the fact that he already pulled the okie doke on HBCU's a few months back if I'm not mistaken.

But anything to rile up the snowflakes and libruls right?

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Bill Gates does it

Hov does it

Buffett does it

But for some reason OP chose to make a thread specifically about Trump doing it despite the fact that he already pulled the okie doke on HBCU's a few months back if I'm not mistaken.

But anything to rile up the snowflakes and libruls right?
First Black President Cuts Funds For Black Higher Education | Black Agenda Report
"Barack Obama encourages people to believe that he deserves to be remembered as the “Education President.” However, Obama will definitely not go down as a friend of historically Black higher education. Historically Black colleges and universities – HBCUs – take a $73 million hit in Obama’s educational budget. The cuts are even more disturbing, since education as a general category is a big winner in the president’s economic stimulus plan"

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...trump-plan-maintains-funding-hbcus/102075868/

Trump’s budget plan would keep funding at $492 million for HBCUs and other higher education institutions that serve mostly minority students.

“Given the difficult budgetary environment, I think it should be considered a win for HBCUs to receive level funding," said Byrne, whose state has 12 black colleges and universities.

Johnny C. Taylor Jr., president of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, agreed. “From a HBCU perspective, we did all right,” he said. “It wasn’t great … Given where it could be, level funding is a win. Period.”