America, What Happened To Liberal Democrats? (serious thread)

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I put serious thread just to let ya'll know I ain't hating, just wondering.
When Bush was president there was a serious anti-war movement going on with left leaning americans, many many protests and everyone was against all those wars.

Then Obama became president, he continued the war and even expanded it but the anti-war movement became much smaller then suddenly disappeared.
I was actually following it's demise during that time.

I wondered what happened, made me wonder if the anti-war movement was really just an anti-republican movement.

But now Trump is president and still no anti-war movement was re-ignited.

What in the world happened?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Pretty sure every American president gets their shyt kicked in by anti-war activists. Obama was no different.

Bush II started two wars, one based on very spurious information. Obama continued those, but didn't start any new large conflicts and at least attempted to end and/or draw down conflicts. He was criticized by many Democrats for drone attacks and the US role in the Syrian War. Trump has not started any yet, but most feel that a second Korean War or another Middle Eastern War would be disastrous for everyone especially the US military.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I know a lot of people were surprised with Obama admin use of drone warfare

But the man himself said he’d use them esp in Afghanistan/Pakistan on the campaign trail.

What really was surprising was how the Obama admin used the Espionage Act.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Bush II started two wars, one based on very spurious information.
Ya it was based off of what a taxi driver said, and he lied.

Obama continued those, but didn't start any new large conflicts and at least attempted to end and/or draw down conflicts.
Obama attacked Pakistan on his first day in office. He also did drone attacks on Pakistan when Pakistan was in the midst of that massive flood, remember that flood? He droned attacked them during the flood.
Bush authorized 50 drone attacks, Obama authorized a whopping 506 drone attacks.
Obama even had spread the war into way more countries than Bush did.
So Obama did not at all not start new conflicts, he absolutely did and did not attempt to scale down on war, he scaled upwards.

Trump has not started any yet, but most feel that a second Korean War or another Middle Eastern War would be disastrous for everyone especially the US military.
Trump did not start any new war but I do not think that means anything.
If a new president continues an illegal war to cater the war profiteers he is not any less at fault for continuing the war than the previous president who started it.
They are both equally at fault in my opinion.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Obama attacked Pakistan on his first day in office. He also did drone attacks on Pakistan when Pakistan was in the midst of that massive flood, remember that flood? He droned attacked them during the flood.
Bush authorized 50 drone attacks, Obama authorized a whopping 506 drone attacks.
Obama even had spread the war into way more countries than Bush did.
So Obama did not at all not start new conflicts, he absolutely did and did not attempt to scale down on war, he scaled upwards.
That doesn't even make sense. :russ:

The Afghan and Iraqi Wars were both started under Bush and Obama eventually turned down the wick and pulled the majority of the military out of Iraq.

Obama used more drone strikes because drone technology has become far, far more prevalent and advanced than in the Bush era. And where are you getting that Obama spread the war into more countries? What does that even mean?

If you are angling to diminish Obama with spurious random occurrences, you need to try a little harder. :russell:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
eventually turned down the wick and pulled the majority of the military out of Iraq.
Fun fact, when a president says they are pulling out troops and count # of troops in a country the do not count contractors like from blackwater.
Also he attacked more countries than Bush, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan.
Now while yes he did decrease U.S. troops he increased by 10 times Drone attacks. So he pulled out troops but used technology instead.
He also increased troops and increased warships in the western pacific.
If you are only referring to less troop counts because those were American lives in danger, well I am not against war because of American lives my man, as most that are anti-war.
So don't only look at troop count breh. Also while promising to close Guantanamo he didn't and instead also opened up Abu Graib.

Anyhow whatever man... I don't want to turn this into an anti-Obama thread. This is not about dems or repubs in office, it's about dem voters.
This thread is mainly about Dem voters.

Now trump allowed a massive increase in war spending and even now with him in office where is the anti-war crowd?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
People were very much "you lied to us about the war, f you". But the War on Terror moved everyone to the right. Enough people were either scared enough because of the constant barrage of how the media covered the war and supposed terrorists. Other were old enough to remember the IRA and the PLO. No one wanted that smoke so they pretty much went along with what the gov't did.

Once Obama was elected America didn't know whether to be post-racial or post-war. Not realizing you can be both. Instead, the economy and obstructionism still moved people to the right.

Now, the country is suffering from post-crazy-just-happened and post-sanity. And it's gone right off a cliff. The left at least is still looking for a rope to climb itself up with. And we're all hoping that rope doesn't break.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I guess I feel it is better to use drones than have boots on the ground but I got to admit I was mystified by a POC as president and let a lot of his shyt slide. Our foreign policy is terrible, offensive, straight up evil. It has been for decades. Seriously, fukk America on that tip.

North of Death

All Star
Daps
I think you nailed it right there.
Everyone is a republican now.
It's all about war

You late AF

Lyndon_B_Johnson-AB.jpeg

The Truth About Tonkin | U.S. Naval Institute

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Killing brown people overseas isnt that big a deal to the average American... at least not compared to social and economic policies here at home. So both sides can get away with it, with little to no meaningful flak.

Well until another attack happens and we're all wondering why. As if 15 year wars can't be the answer. :snoop: