Ancient Aliens: Your Thoughts?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Ya see, I dont understand why people just discredit it tho. Why do people just brush it off? Where is their logic flawed?

they start with a conclusion (aliens) and then work backwards. anyone can do it. just find something we don't know everything about (aka most of history), insert aliens, ???, profit!

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
If I'm looking at the zionists with the face, what makes you think Islam would be any different? Please let's not go down the list of what's wrong with Islam.... And it's not even me you'd have to worry about.

The Coli is home to some of the most ruthless people ever. But I'm sure you're not foreign to these religious debates tho.

Take this as my last response to anything religion-related in this thread. I'm not falling into that trap.

If your okay with burning in hell forever that's your own choice.

Juven

All Star
Daps
they had one ep about underwater structures that looked legit
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxv66CXx4tQ"]Underwater Structure Thought To Be Over 14,000 Years Old & Man-made - YouTube[/ame]

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Juven said:
nah you can clearly see some sharp angles.

also theres another one near india

:shaq2:

Yonaguni, Japan - 25 November 2009 - New Scientist

Though popular, Kimura's claims about Yonaguni are disputed. Robert Schoch, a geologist at the University of Boston who has dived at Yonaguni many times, thinks the formations are mostly natural. They are made of bedrock, rather than built with separate blocks, and Schoch points out that the rock is sedimentary, with horizontal layers that break along parallel lines as they erode. The region's tectonic activity also splits the rock along vertical fault lines. So the strong currents that sweep the area would erode rock along these lines, carving out platforms and steps, he says. "You get a regular blocky structure quite naturally."

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Juven said:
it was built along the tropic of cancer. def man made and your dude cant say for sure if its natural or not

Not 'definitely', but most probably not manmade. This is what makes AA Theory attractive, the uncertainty. The problem is that there are some legitimate finds that can't be fully explained like the Antikythera Machine (SP?), but to immediately attribute such artifacts to aliens misses quite a few steps in the scientific method of discovery.

Same thing happened with the Pyramids, Stonehenge, Easter Island, etc.

Throw in a couple Ph.D's to make it sound legit and we're off.

Kuuuuush

Riiiiiiiiight
Daps
While I don't rule out the possibility of some of the theories they present on there, they completely discredit the native peoples who most likely were the ones responsible. It's a subtle racism saying 'these savages couldn't have possibly created these remarkable structures, so it must be aliens.' They completely underestimate the drive, skill, and technical abilities the ancient civilizations very well could have possessed to create such remarkable structures.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
While I don't rule out the possibility of some of the theories they present on there, they completely discredit the native peoples who most likely were the ones responsible. It's a subtle racism saying 'these savages couldn't have possibly created these remarkable structures, so it must be aliens.' They completely underestimate the drive, skill, and technical abilities the ancient civilizations very well could have possessed to create such remarkable structures.

most ancient civilizations credit beings from the sky for the knowledge they where given....this is a fact.