Ancient Aliens: Your Thoughts?

Kuuuuush

Riiiiiiiiight
Daps
most ancient civilizations credit beings from the sky for the knowledge they where given....this is a fact.

but do we have to take this literally? To mean that extra-terrestrial beings travelled to Earth and physically built structures for different civilizations at different times around the ancient world. IMO the sky is more of a symbol for the spirits and universal knowledge that some of the civilizations before us were more in tune with than we are today. They looked to the sky like we still do, but had a different way of expressing and explaining it.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
but do we have to take this literally? To mean that extra-terrestrial beings travelled to Earth and physically built structures for different civilizations at different times around the ancient world. IMO the sky is more of a symbol for the spirits and universal knowledge that some of the civilizations before us were more in tune with than we are today. They looked to the sky like we still do, but had a different way of expressing and explaining it.

That could be so, but that's just as much of a theory as the alien intervention theory. :mindblown: We can sit here and make conclusions all day, but until we get that proof that aliens have visited us, it will forever remain a conspiracy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

yes i know its 2hr but dude has interesting view in things

beginning has a take on ancient Ethiopia

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuuuuush

Riiiiiiiiight
Daps
That could be so, but that's just as much of a theory as the alien intervention theory. :mindblown: We can sit here and make conclusions all day, but until we get that proof that aliens have visited us, it will forever remain a conspiracy.

I think it's much more of a stretch that aliens travelled thousands of light years, built structures for various cultures, and then bounced, to believe that we underestimate the engineering and intellectual capacity of these peoples.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
I think it's much more of a stretch that aliens travelled thousands of light years, built structures for various cultures, and then bounced, to believe that we underestimate the engineering and intellectual capacity of these peoples.

:manny: True, but a theory's a theory

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Orbital-Fetus said:
Aramaic semantics?
watchers/fallen angels confused with their offspring?

from what i understand, the Nephilim were the offspring of the fallen ones and the women of earth.

Nephelim is an Aramaic word that means 'giants', not a Hebrew word meaning 'fallen ones' or, 'those who fell from the sky'.

Mike Heiser earned an M.A. (1998) and Ph.D. (2004) in Hebrew Bible and Ancient Semitic Languages from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His dissertation was entitled, "The Divine Council in Late Canonical and Non-Canonical Second Temple Jewish Literature" (English translation: the dissertation dealt with the presence of a pantheon in the Hebrew Bible and the binitarian nature of ancient Israelite religion and Judaism, a backdrop for the the belief in the deity of Christ in the New Testament). Before going to the UW-Madison, Mike also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (1992; major fields, Ancient Syria-Palestine and Egyptology). Mike can do translation work in roughly a dozen ancient languages, among them Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Greek, Aramaic, Syriac, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Phoenician, Moabite, and Ugaritic cuneiform. He has also studied Akkadian and Sumerian independently.

IDK about you, but this shyt is fascinating and informative.​

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Nephelim is an Aramaic word that means 'giants', not a Hebrew word meaning 'fallen ones' or, 'those who fell from the sky'.

IDK about you, but this shyt is fascinating and informative.​

i agree with you on the bolded.
the thing i'm still not sure about is if the ones who fell from the sky where spiritual entities that took physical form or extraterrestrials....either way, the outcome were the Nephilim.