LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
pPfuMNt.gif

J6hGEbb.gif

OFDYyce.gif
The goat. Krackdagawd you wanna write a piece on him to post on the site?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Never was impressed by ward. he beat who was put in front of him, so cool... but he never was a game changer. No real competition around his weight class.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
The goat. Krackdagawd you wanna write a piece on him to post on the site?

idk if I have the words for this :to:

Rarely in boxing do we see a nikka who could fight in ANY style. Floyd was one of those guys and so was Ward and they both retired :to:

Us footwork watching boxing nerds out here fukked up. :to:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn. I'm a casual viewer, but why didn't Ward become a mainstream star like Floyd? Ward was one of the BEST P4P boxers.
Ward didn't fight for a couple of years at a time when his star could've been the brightest, and he was a legitimate GREAT person and wasn't going to fake the bad guy role like Floyd. And unfortunately outside of Sugar Ray, Black fighters who are positive simply don't get the love they deserve unless they're in the heavyweight division.

And with all of that said, NO ONE has become a mainstream star like Floyd in this era. Only Manny came relatively close, and a lot (most?) of his hype was built around Floyd anyway.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never was impressed by ward. he beat who was put in front of him, so cool... but he never was a game changer. No real competition around his weight class.
Nope, we not doing this.

Let's make it clear... he CLEANED OUT his division. Then he moved up a division and took out the boogeyman in the division above him. The first he won, was controversial, could've went either way, sure (I gave it to Ward but never had any issue with those who thought Kovalev won or it was a draw), but then Ward came out and left NO DOUBT in anybody's mind who the better fighter was. Let's not try to make Kovalev out to be anything less than what he was, a dominant knockout artist, a puzzle that Andre Ward figured out.

Not to mention, Andre Ward probably gives the best life advice (through his boxing advice obviously) of any boxer I've ever seen (a lot of it because of the elegance and positivity of his speech).

Gravity

Banned
Daps
:wow: at how ill it would be if he and Floyd stayed retired, both undefeated in seemingly good health on their OWN terms. Boxing fans are probably the most racist of all fans of sports that blacks dominate in. Cash out and say fukk 'em. Non blacks don't respect him and root against him anyway.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
fam could you not do this here go make a thread where you can cry about the klansman damn :hhh:

is this place even moderated :hhh:

Why ya feelings getting touched son? Why you so butthurt? All I showed was Ward's knockout blow for the win. What did YOU see tho? Feeling guilty cac:russ:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Nope, we not doing this.

Let's make it clear... he CLEANED OUT his division. Then he moved up a division and took out the boogeyman in the division above him. The first he won, was controversial, could've went either way, sure (I gave it to Ward but never had any issue with those who thought Kovalev won or it was a draw), but then Ward came out and left NO DOUBT in anybody's mind who the better fighter was. Let's not try to make Kovalev out to be anything less than what he was, a dominant knockout artist, a puzzle that Andre Ward figured out.

Not to mention, Andre Ward probably gives the best life advice (through his boxing advice obviously) of any boxer I've ever seen (a lot of it because of the elegance and positivity of his speech).
As a person, i dig him. so thats not an issue....
And as a fighter, Andre ward is one that I find u have passionate ppl on both sides. I know his accomplishments. Hes beat the ppl put in front of him. even at times i thought he would lose. But i guess im just talking his actual skill, and the skill of the ppl hes fought.
Is he a guy that people say damn this guy is super talented? Like mayweather...Oscar. How Crawford is now. When Tyson, Evander was around.
U brought up the Kovalev fight... Do you think Kovalev is a special talent?

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
And as a fighter, Andre ward is one that I find u have passionate ppl on both sides. I know his accomplishments. Hes beat the ppl put in front of him. even at times i thought he would lose. But i guess im just talking his actual skill, and the skill of the ppl hes fought.
Is he a guy that people say damn this guy is super talented? Like mayweather...Oscar. How Crawford is now. When Tyson, Evander was around.

Plus he's retiring off of 2 shaky wins- 1st fight where he lost and got a gift. 2nd fight where he got a TKO off of 3 low blows Weeks missed. Now if you're a Stan you're gonna start spazzing and mash on your keyboard how I'm a hater. But you're wrong. Just calling it how it is. A easy win against Stevenson to become undisputed would have been my preferred route of retirement for him, but he knows his body and age. Still, a great career all things considered. Pound for pound. Ducked nobody. All heart.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
idk if I have the words for this :to:

Rarely in boxing do we see a nikka who could fight in ANY style. Floyd was one of those guys and so was Ward and they both retired :to:

Us footwork watching boxing nerds out here fukked up. :to:
I know you truly admire and respect that man. That's why I asked.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, Kovalev is a special talent. He's certainly a top ten P4P fighter, and was near the top of that list before the second Ward fight. And I don't think anyone else is beating him in that division personally, I think he handles Stevenson. And I openly root against Sergey for obvious reasons.

As far as your first point, I'm perplexed. You don't think Andre Ward is a super talented/skilled fighter? :dwillhuh: Outside of Floyd and Hopkins, I'm taking Andre in the most skilled fighters of these past years.

Plus he's retiring off of 2 shaky wins- 1st fight where he lost and got a gift. 2nd fight where he got a TKO off of 3 low blows Weeks missed. Now if you're a Stan you're gonna start spazzing and mash on your keyboard how I'm a hater. But you're wrong. Just calling it how it is. A easy win against Stevenson to become undisputed would have been my preferred route of retirement for him, but he knows his body and age. Still, a great career all things considered. Pound for pound. Ducked nobody. All heart.
What was shaky about the second win? The alleged low blows? Let's be real here, Kovalev was finished after that shot in the middle of the ring. That first fight could've gone either way but the second fight solidified who the better fighter was.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps

He didn't have the flashy defense of Floyd where dude would get swamped while not even getting touched.

He didn't have the flashy offense of Manny or GGG.

Dude for a casual is boring as fukk.

I personally don't find him boring...probably one of the most skilled and balanced boxers of all time...but I wanted to get someone into boxing...wouldn't show them a Ward fight:yeshrug: