Angie Martinez was really feelin herself back in the day with this music sh!t

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Word to my sig - SHE HAD TO DO IT.

All kinda DJs was making tapes...and on top of that we had that Latin Wave kinda blow up
after Pun, Nore, "La Vida Loca", "Mambo Number 5", and J-Lo poppin' off. It was a perfect imperfect storm. lol

Man I guess she did have to do it but it seemed corny back then (to me) and seems dumb now. Damn near all of her bars seemed ghostwritten (along with being weak) and she came over very swagless, like someone's aunt who gets respect with the younger heads because she's a solid connect that might pay off.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Man I guess she did have to do it but it seemed corny back then (to me) and seems dumb now. Damn near all of her bars seemed ghostwritten (along with being weak) and she came over very swagless, like someone's aunt who gets respect with the younger heads because she's a solid connect that might pay off.

The last couple of lines in this would go great in this Drake thread in The Booth rhet about nah...but I ain't gonna do 'em like that.

Giselle

Daps
i guess being at Hot 97 in the 90s was probably the dream non-rapper/singer job in hip hop back then, but who the fukk convinced Angie that rapping was a good idea?

Peep these struggle bars and that Jay-Z feature :stopitslime: and then she got a Dollar Tree Jay-Z for the joint with Lil Mo

What record label thought it was a good look to have her put out TWO albums considering she had no history as an emcee?

Radio hosts and VJs were all people who wanted the fame of a music artist, but didn't have the talent. That was the second best thing.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
'Live From The Streets' with Lox and Beanie is still a favorite....all she did was the hook lol

'it's the code of the streets never run to the law, why i can't even run less I run with a 4, or walk with a 3, come and talk to them P.....'

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i guess being at Hot 97 in the 90s was probably the dream non-rapper/singer job in hip hop back then, but who the fukk convinced Angie that rapping was a good idea?

Peep these struggle bars and that Jay-Z feature :stopitslime: and then she got a Dollar Tree Jay-Z for the joint with Lil Mo

What record label thought it was a good look to have her put out TWO albums considering she had no history as an emcee?

bytch got a grammy out of it... sold some records.. i mean it was terrible music but she accomplished what she came to do