Anthony Bourdain No Reservations - Senegal

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
From what I seen in the show it looked like one or more popular American Southern dishes originate from there too.
Many say Jollof Rice was the precursor to Jumbalya and Paella, and in the Carolinas Geechie/Gullah people eat Red Rice which is assumed to come from/be inspired by Jollof Rice.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Loved this episode. I have it saved on my laptop

Beautiful country and seems like a great culture. A shining representation of islam as well

The only muslim country i'd ever live in is Senegal.
The only reason i'd ever learn to speak that disgusting french language is Senegal (and Cote D'Ivoire, etc)

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
This was a beautiful episode. My mom's father's fam hails from the coastal Carolinas and the food and spirit of people in the video seemed all too familiar; could not stop watching it, even more than the Bronx episode. I always meshed with Senegalese Americans. Dakkar is now on my bucket list. Also, will share this with my spouse who is Muslim. Thanks for the share.

Edit: My Naija friend said they are also diverse and introduced me to this street food travel show. Think he was jealous. :lolbron:

Bukas & Joints - A journey of culinary delight in Africa.

Last edited:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved this episode. I have it saved on my laptop

Beautiful country and seems like a great culture. A shining representation of islam as well

The only muslim country i'd ever live in is Senegal.
The only reason i'd ever learn to speak that disgusting french language is Senegal (and Cote D'Ivoire, etc)
You already know some French by learning English. Don't be so disgusted with yourself.