Any Gnostics round here?

Daps
Tomorrow I'm going to have some wine, open up my laptop and post some quotes from Jesus that blow my mind when I read them with this new perspective.

Daps
When I think about it, the best way to describe Gnosticism as it relates to pop culture would be The Matrix. Only it's hard to say whether agent Smith was really the bad guy or just some poor tortured soul who wanted nothing more than to escape this 3D earthly prison.

Throw reincarnation into the bag and shake it up. The Oracle told Neo that maybe he was waiting for the next life. Agent Smith might have lived a trillion lives and by then had cracked the code but was over it.
Hmm :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have all these theories and have been having what I think are epiphanies regarding the meaning of life but I don't want to lose myself again in a doctrine that leads to nowhere. Gnosticism makes the most sense to me though.
Tell more about your theories and epiphanies:feedme:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
When I think about it, the best way to describe Gnosticism as it relates to pop culture would be The Matrix. Only it's hard to say whether agent Smith was really the bad guy or just some poor tortured soul who wanted nothing more than to escape this 3D earthly prison.

Throw reincarnation into the bag and shake it up. The Oracle told Neo that maybe he was waiting for the next life. Agent Smith might have lived a trillion lives and by then had cracked the code but was over it.
Hmm :jbhmm:
Yeah. Its crazy. Smith may actually be the hero who they were looking for because he wished to destroy the Matrix completely. I swear at some point in the movie the architect says: theres a danger to believing in prophecy. Thats really what I took from the Matrix. Smith did not believe in a prophecy. Smith became the worm that would bring the system to a crashing hault eventually. Neo stopped him. .

But because the Oracle has great influence and control over Morpheus thru the prophecy, and the power of suggestion they think that Neo is the one. But Neo will just die and reboot the Matrix basically and go back to the source.

And you have to wonder about Morpheus the god of dreams. Oracles and Dreams, and dream interpretations and prophets. See in the Bible the priest would interpret kings dreams, and influence him to do things. Just as Yusef\Joseph was a dream interpreter for the "Pharaoh" in the Exodus narrative.

And oh yeh, temple of the Oracle of Delphi, and the whole "Know Thyself" thing. Esp important because when Neo visits the Oracles "temple" apartment in public housing, she has the sign hanging over a door that says Know Thyself.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
I Am Everywhere.
I was once of the Gnostic paradigm, but I found that the books of the Law of One (aka the Ra material) answered my questions much more clearly.

www.lawofone.info

Regarding the Demiurge theory, I've read that there were 2 Yahwehs, the true Yahweh and a dark impersonator.

Montalk is a decent writer. I don't agree with everything he publishes, but he's obviously very well researched and intelligent. His recommendation is actually part of what convinced me to study the Law of One seriously.

Gnosticism still influences me, but I no longer believe that this world is a prison. It can be, but freedom, love, and happiness exist for those who choose to tune in.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don't know if I'd call myself a gnostic as in gnostic Christian but that played a role in my own budding philosophy. It's a good jumping off point IMO.

Powerful thread.

We really need to get a Spiritual Sub-forum popping

I would love that.

HL is supposed to be about "knowledge" yet it's mostly politics. You start talking about anything outside of that and it's an issue.

Daps
Thanks for your input. I will check out the link.

But for me, sometimes I do think this world is a prison. Especially now that I've started to control my dreams more frequently for example.

Being able to choose whether I want to fly out of space and dive back down into the depths of the oceans while swimming side by side with sharks without being afraid...until the point that I do become afraid and lose the power of lucid dreaming, is a good indication that we are trapped in our bodies. We have so much untapped potential that is thwarted and restricted by physical matter.

This is just one example.

The human beings' inability to consciously control or quiet our thoughts for an extended period of time even during meditation makes me wonder if some entity is manipulating our minds.

How can you not ask why? What is it that this entity is afraid of us discovering about ourselves?

These are just random thoughts . I'll add more later.

Daps
I believe that this world is in simple terms a lucid dream of the foolish Demiurge.

We have the capability to create our own worlds just as it does but we're so busy immersing ourselves in its foolish, chaotic design that we think that we are completely at its mercy with all its rules, laws commandments, wars and bullshyt.

If it were human, just think of it as some blood thirsty a$$hole who gets off on this chaotic creation of its foolish mind.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Thanks for your input. I will check out the link.

But for me, sometimes I do think this world is a prison. Especially now that I've started to control my dreams more frequently for example.

Being able to choose whether I want to fly out of space and dive back down into the depths of the oceans while swimming side by side with sharks without being afraid...until the point that I do become afraid and lose the power of lucid dreaming, is a good indication that we are trapped in our bodies. We have so much untapped potential that is thwarted and restricted by physical matter.

This is just one example.

The world isn't a prison, it's a classroom.

Now this planet...this game we're playing, is something like a plantation, yes. Without stepping on nikkas toes in here, the control structure, the 'massas' of the whole operation wanted to write Gnosticism out of the history books and shame people for seeking knowledge. A lot of these prayers are being sent to BEINGS that set the fukking plantation up in the first place.

But the notion that we are imprisoned is false, we are here to master limitation. Seeing as how you have some experience with astral travel/lucid dreaming you understand the freedom that comes with being able to manifest thought instantly. But when you are moving around in 3D there is a buffer between thought and what is made manifest. That is what we are here to master. Imagine if "real life" as they call it had no buffer between thought and materialization. It's all good when you wanna play peter pan but apply that to waking consciousness for people who lack self awareness.

For those that have seen the Ghostbuster movie, a good example of what life could be like without that dimensional buffer (the veil) is when the gate is opened and they are told to choose their destroyer.

It's a movie but there are a lot of jewels in movies. Be honest...you (most) ain't ready for that type of freedom...this 3D shyt is training wheels. I'm of the opinion that the training wheels are gradually coming off. And the unconscious thoughts that people hold are going to be smacking them in the face, in real time.

The human beings inability to consciously control or quiet our thoughts for an extended period of time even during meditation makes me wonder if some entity is manipulating out minds. How can you not ask why? What is it that this entity afraid of us discovering about ourselves?

These are just random thoughts . I'll add more later.

You can control/quiet your mind for as long as you like. Or rather, you can set it's focus on something and allow it to run while you do other thing. Not to say there aren't PEOPLE, let along "entities" trying to keep your attention anchored this place or that but you gotta understand that it's less about stopping thought and more about observing them with detachment. Stopping thought is like trying to stop a river from flowing. You let that shyt flow, while you sit on the bank and watch.

Nobody, NO-THING can stop you from doing that if that is what you desire.