Any of you brehs ever lived in Colorado?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Just relocated to Colorado in early 2022 in the Westminster/Northglenn area which like the half way point between Denver and Boulder

Like a couple of posters alluded to previously the outdoor stuff is really big, skiing, trail walking, hiking, camping etc...

Aurora has more diversity and more black people, however the black people in the Denver metro leave alot to be desired :francis:

Maybe it's my area but black Coloradan natives don't really fukk with black out of towners, Ethiopian/Eritrean stay to themselves(use to live in DC so I fukked with them heavy) or they be on some :mjpls:

The job market is awesome, you can easily make six figures but the housing market so much crazy that you easily pay over $500k for house or $450k for townhouse/condo, or $2k plus monthly in rent
Fam I moved here from Crown Heights Brooklyn and living there and here is like night and day.

Crown Heights is 90% BLACK.

Denver is the whitest metropolitan area Ive ever lived in.

Like you can tell these white folks rarely interact with Black People. They be looking at me crazy!.

:mjlol:

If I had a dollar for everytime I was walking on the sidewalk and a white person or non black walking towards me got scared and crossed to the other side of the street when they saw me walking towards them Id be rich.
:mjpls:
There is a very subtle anti black male vibe here. And lots of Black women I see here dont date Black Men. They either booed up with a white man or a mexican or even asian dudes.

Is this what being out west is like?

And the preferences is definitely towards the lighter and brighter variety out here. Ive never seen so many beige nikkas in my life.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
if you coming fron denver into Colorado Springs, THAT traffic is hell cuz they doing construction allllllll the way down that bytch snd its only two lanes both ways n mf’s start acting stupid
I used to drive trucks for a moving company all over so I know.

Im glad Im done with that. After hearing about that kid got into truck that wreck that killed 4 people i realize how dangerous these roads out here are

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
My boy does. He coaches middle school basketball. Outside of the snow, he loves it.
That’s like saying outside of the heat Arizona is a good place to live.

Just have to take up snowboarding it’s the only way to make it bearable

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
What is the job market like for engineers in Colorado, specifically electrical and is they paying decent money to actually live and not be damn near broke

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
What is the job market like for engineers in Colorado, specifically electrical and is they paying decent money to actually live and not be damn near broke

I cant speak for everything going on here but every engineer I personally know makes at least 100K. shyt just look at Indeed and the average electrical engineer salary in Denver is around mid $90k. You should live comfortably with that but cost of living is going up with the recent population increase.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam I moved here from Crown Heights Brooklyn and living there and here is like night and day.

Crown Heights is 90% BLACK.

Denver is the whitest metropolitan area Ive ever lived in.

Like you can tell these white folks rarely interact with Black People. They be looking at me crazy!.

If I had a dollar for everytime I was walking on the sidewalk and a white person or non black walking towards me got scared and crossed to the other side of the street when they saw me walking towards them Id be rich.
:mjpls:
There is a very subtle anti black male vibe here. And lots of Black women I see here dont date Black Men. They either booed up with a white man or a mexican or even asian dudes.

Is this what being out west is like?

And the preferences is definitely towards the lighter and brighter variety out here. Ive never seen so many beige nikkas in my life.

You ain't never lied, lol, went out to LODO this weekend for the Rockies opener and I just noticed the black women thing, wtf...

Out in Boulder Falls and Rocky Mountain Park today hiking which what makes Colorado so awesome :blessed:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Of anyone rides dual sport or wants to cruise in the Gx off-road hit me up

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Nah, but I was out in Durango a year and a half ago.

Loved it out there. Was out there in August, and the weather was real nice. Not too hot, not too cold. Stayed in a cabin with some bros for a bachelors party/trip. We hiked the mountains, I ate elk and Buffalo, went fly fishing, and did some kayaking; that’s where my profile picture comes from.

I’d love to go back, and I’d love to eventually own a cabin out there.