Any of you brehs ever lived in Colorado?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I don't bother going out here so I save money.
In all the years I lived in NYC, living between Brooklyn and Queens, i never thought about being the only black person in a bar, cause that never if rarely happened. Because of how many people let alone black people there were. And even if I was, there were more than enough non-white people to balance it out.

Here in Denver the bar scene is soooooo WHITE! Like disproportionately white.

Bar scene is so white, you can go to a bar and theres hundreds of white people there and you're the only Black person there.

:francis:i cant do it. I went to a bar downtown in 2019 for my old job like that, and it was so uncomfortable I was like....im good on going to bars here. Havent been to any bars since.

Seems like there ain't too much Black to do here anyways...

Daps
Nah, but I was out in Durango a year and a half ago.

Loved it out there. Was out there in August, and the weather was real nice. Not too hot, not too cold. Stayed in a cabin with some bros for a bachelors party/trip. We hiked the mountains, I ate elk and Buffalo, went fly fishing, and did some kayaking; that’s where my profile picture comes from.

I’d love to go back, and I’d love to eventually own a cabin out there.

Gonna be doing the same soon. Can you drop some game on those spots?

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Gonna be doing the same soon. Can you drop some game on those spots?
If you’re going to be in Durango, we ended up booking our rafting trip through the Durango rafting company. I think the levels of the rapids range from 1-3, and we did level 2. It was fun, but that water was cold as ice. Of course I flipped multiple times, lol. Tour guides were cool, and they bussed us from downtown Durango to the rapids.

We did some fly fishing. Booked the charter through the fishing store that’s in downtown Durango. Drove us out an hour away to fish. Really enjoyed it. Gotta be weary of moose and bears, though. We fished in high shrubbery, and that’s where they rested. Territorial animals. If they spot you, it’s a wrap.

Can’t remember the name of the mountain we climbed. It was like an 8 or 9 mile walk up and down though. Make sure you have proper mountain climbing shoes, and you pack plenty of liquids for hydration. My boy ended up getting altitude sickness. This was during covid, so we was all scared he had it lol. Lake was at the very top of the mountain. I had a bottle of crown in my backpack. When we got to the top I took a shot. Folks were jumping in the lake, but it was too cold for me. Drove to a little mountain town called Silverton to do all this. Afterwards went to a saloon called Handlebars. Tried an elk burger. It was pretty good. You might see 1 or 2 black folks your entire time out there.

Our cabin was on the outskirts of Durango. We was right on a lake, so if you like to fish it was perfect. They do have a dispensary in town. This was my first time trying edibles. Yea, let’s just say I ate too much of the chocolate bar.

Overall fun experience. I plan on doing again, and I’d love to own a cabin out there at some point.