Any teachers on here?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
What subject and city are you in? And what made you want to be a teacher?

English and I stay in Alabama. I love the kids man and I want the young black boys to see an educated and successful black man everyday they walk in the classroom because most of them think that success is what Hollywood portrays the black man as on tv. I want to make a difference.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
English and I stay in Alabama. I love the kids man and I want the young black boys to see an educated and successful black man everyday they walk in the classroom because most of them think that success is what Hollywood portrays the black man as on tv. I want to make a difference.

Good that you care about the kids. I hear programs like Teach For America are ruining schools because you have a bunch of folks who couldn't find jobs who just run to do TFA and other programs, and don't give a damn about the kids and either can't handle it or dont even try to make a difference.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Good that you care about the kids. I hear programs like Teach For America are ruining schools because you have a bunch of folks who couldn't find jobs who just run to do TFA and other programs, and don't give a damn about the kids and either can't handle it or dont even try to make a difference.

I know man. Thats why we got kids running round out here dumb and ignorant. Alot of it is at home but a lot is at school too. Its good money too. Being a black male teacher in the south is a premium .

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
don't do it breh
Are you speaking from experience? How was it for you?
Good to hear. My program director talks about how rare it is to see somebody like me who wants to be a teacher.

There is a 5% to 41% between ethnic minority teachers and ethnic minority students. Crazy. I'm also in English Education.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I know man. Thats why we got kids running round out here dumb and ignorant. Alot of it is at home but a lot is at school too. Its good money too. Being a black male teacher in the south is a premium .

Most def, I know a dude who is teaching Middle school Biology and loves it, and at the end of the day Black kids always love and respect Black Male teachers.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yo! Teaching special needs students in East New York, Brooklyn. What's up, man?
:salute:

Speak on your experience bro. Likes and dislikes. What made you go the special education route? How hard was it to get your foot in the door? I'm looking to become a teacher in NYC too wrapping up my junior year soon.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
:salute:

Speak on your experience bro. Likes and dislikes. What made you go the special education route? How hard was it to get your foot in the door? I'm looking to become a teacher in NYC too wrapping up my junior year soon.
My 12th grade teacher inspired me, really. As for the sped aspect, I didn't really have a choice, but I kinda fell in love with the advocacy aspect of it. I'm actually about to turn in. I'll write more in the am. Hang tight, bro.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

What is the hardest part of being a teacher? I'm studying for my CSET to teach Biology in California.

Back when I was in school, during my final semester, I went to one of those Teach For America recruitment seminars. The lady told me my gpa was too low to teach biology (I graduated with a 2.5 major biology, minor chemistry and worked while I was in school).

After I graduated, I found out the truth about Teach For America and I dodged bullet.

Yeah, I work in my field, but I would rather teach and help out these young brothers.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
What is the hardest part of being a teacher? I'm studying for my CSET to teach Biology in California.

I'm not a real teacher yet. I just work as a sub. But I haven't faced any challenges to be honest. I love the kids and I love educating the youth. I guess one thing I had to switch up is how relatable I am to them. I mean I'm young and you know how little kids look at young teachers calling me "Mr. Cool" and "Best teacher ever" :to:
Sometimes I can be a little too friendly with em. So nowadays I make sure I stay stern. But the most important aspect for me is I don't act like a sub. When I walk in the classroom I make sure they know I am the legit teacher and not a sub. It runs very smoothly for me. I do middle school btw.

I tried kindergarten one time and it was :huhldup:. Crying and poop. Constant nagging and snotty noses. Threw that to the bushes quick. High school kids are just boring. So middle school is the most fun and rewarding

Daps
Reppin
Prince Georges County
For those who go the path of becoming a teacher, good on you. I couldn't be a teacher I think, I wouldn't want to work with kids thinking they know everything. I just remember the school I went to had the rudest fukkers there.