any tips to quit smoking cigs ?

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
so yeah I've decided to quit smoking cigarettes because it's a disgusting habbit and I don't like being addicted to them

unfortunately because of health reasons I can't chew the Nicorette gum or use the patch

I'm trying to just use will power but it's hard

any coli brehs got any tips on how to stop smoking cigarettes, I'm open to all suggestions

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
All in the mind. You have to be ready and committed

I went cold turkey about 7years ago, after smoking for 20 years

The first 3 weeks were torture, I actually got sick. After coffee, after eating and driving were my triggers to smoke.

It helped a bit that I quit in the winter, so I had an excuse not to go outside in the cold.

Legalese

Banned
Daps
glad i don’t have an addictive personality, i can smoke 3 in a week and then go 3 years without touching one

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
I quit cold turkey after 15 yrs about 2 yrs ago. One good thing about my process was my boy who was also a heavy smoker wanted to quit, so we quit on the same day. Split a pack and then said "that's it".

Quit near the end of 2019, just before Covid fukkery started to kick in lol. That was a test

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I admit, I'm kinda curious, if you don't mind sharing, what type of health condition prevents you from using the patch?

As far as ways to quit, i don't think relying on will power is sustainable because no one has willpower 24/7. What you need to do is plan ahead of time for when willpower fails (which it will). Smokers typical have routines or rituals around smoking. They have specific spots where they smoke. Could be on the porch, on your balcony, while taking a walk to your car, could be with coffee in the morning, etc. So maybe changing something about those other elements of your routine would rewire your brain to do something different and that different routine includes not smoking.

Also you could try vaping.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I was watching this doc on brainwashing and this dude had folks smoke them he paired the smoke with the smell of rotten eggs.
Tricked the brain into quitting.
Look it up :ehh:

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Don't buy any:yeshrug:

I haven't bought a pack in days breh, so I'm making progress, but at the same time that's why I'm struggling because I can't just buy a pack and gradually cut back, if I have cigs in my crib I'm smoking them, but thanks for the reply breh

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Wow!!!!!
No patch no gum?
Breh you are going to die the 1st month but if you really want it it's there for you.
Basically you have to pick up a new habit that works with your routine. Hell if I know what it is though. Fight Club? Vape?