any tips to quit smoking cigs ?

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Former heavy smoker here (started smoking at 15) with addictive personality. Tried to quit several times in the past but went back to it every time I'm stressed because cigs and weed are my only vices (stopped smoking weed as well). However, I finally left the poison alone a few months ago.

1. You have to make up your mind and think about how it affects your health.
2. Think about how much you'd save annually if you were to quit and imagine how better off you'd be if you were to invest the lumpsum. In my case, I was spending close to £6,000 annually on cigs alone.
3. You can ease it off by opting for vapes the first 2months because those are the 2 most brutal months. After that, things get easier.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gum + snacks for the oral fixations (you're gonna put on weight, but you can manage it).

lime juice can actually help your ability to abstain from smoking (doesn't actually reduce cravings tho).

avoid caffeine and sugar. they increase nicotine cravings.

find a hobby/habit you can pick up to replace some of the repetitive smoking patterns you picked that have now become habits (smoking after meals, smoking after drinks, smoking before bed, etc. etc.). a gym routine is a good one because it forces you into new patterns/habits to see results, and also might make you feel guilty about backtracking and picking up a smoke. running or jump rope are also good.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
gum + snacks for the oral fixations (you're gonna put on weight, but you can manage it).

lime juice can actually help your ability to abstain from smoking (doesn't actually reduce cravings tho).

avoid caffeine and sugar. they increase nicotine cravings.

find a hobby/habit you can pick up to replace some of the repetitive smoking patterns you picked that have now become habits (smoking after meals, smoking after drinks, smoking before bed, etc. etc.). a gym routine is a good one because it forces you into new patterns/habits to see results, and also might make you feel guilty about backtracking and picking up a smoke. running or jump rope are also good.

thanks for the response breh, I'm curious about something...you said lime juice could help, I already drink limeade, but do you mean straight up lime juice ?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thanks for the response breh, I'm curious about something...you said lime juice could help, I already drink limeade, but do you mean straight up lime juice ?

straight up lime juice. you can squeeze a lime into a glass of water once a day and see if it helps. it's considered a natural alternative to nicotine gum (nicorrette is said to be more effective at eliminating cravings... limes just help with abstinence).

also, personally i wouldn't vape. i tried damn near every way of quitting cigs known before giving it up 4 years ago. as @Champagne Kudo said, you're just trading one nasty addiction for another with vaping. and for me, vaping didn't feel as heavy as cigs so i felt like i could do more of it. it was real easy to make a habit.

truthfully, there's not guaranteed way to quit. these things will help. but at some point you're gonna have to confront the addiction and tell it to kick rocks. i was never able to quit until i wanted it bad enough that i didn't care about the weight or the smoke breaks or talking myself into one last cig or what stopping might mean. it had to go.

Last edited:

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
so yeah I've decided to quit smoking cigarettes because it's a disgusting habbit and I don't like being addicted to them

unfortunately because of health reasons I can't chew the Nicorette gum or use the patch

I'm trying to just use will power but it's hard

any coli brehs got any tips on how to stop smoking cigarettes, I'm open to all suggestions
Damn I was going to come in and recommend the on pouches (just stick it near ur gums for the nicotine)

Daps
Reppin
TYL
Haven’t had a square in a week and a half. I switched to black and milds (4 a day) was smoking a pack of squares a day. Gradually, I’ll do away with the black and mild’s and just smoke weed. Baby steps: plus I’ve already saved $140 bucks on cigs alone :wow:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Everyone is different, but I realized that my first step is that I had to WANT to quit. I'm on 2 years, 5 months, and 21 days (yes, I use an app called "Smoke Free" as I get geeked off data and it shows a lot of cool shyt about how your body heals, how much money you save, and how many cigarettes you haven't smoked).

I smoked for over 20 years, but I quit using Nicorette and phased off that after about a month or two. I'm essentially addicted to chewing gum now, but I'll take that over smoking.

shyt was the hardest thing I've done, I still miss smoking to this day, but I romanticized it. It's doable but I think the desire to quit has to come first.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I quit cold turkey
My first born was about to be born
So we all heard of second hand smoking, well I read about 3rd hand smoking a few months before the birth of my first born.
It talked about after smoking nowhere near the vicinity of anyone carcinogens are still on your clothes and especially fingers and even lips.
So if i pick up my infant or hug her or kiss her I am exposing extreme innocence to cancer causing chemicals

The same minute I finished reading the article I stopped forever.
Never smoked again, I only smoke weed now mostly out of a bong

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Quit ten years ago. Caught a vicious sinus infection and couldn't smoke without hacking so I couldn't smoke that day or the next. Then on the third day I felt better but didn't have a desire and I eventually quit. I would hype a black when the craving got too strong once or twice

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
If smoking is what you want to do then smoke. We only have one life to live. If it makes you happy then do it. If it relieves temporary stress for you then do it. We are all wired differently.

3012511dc6b5e58b138c45292114c75a.jpg